IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,993 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 260.
#5701 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

If that’s your flavor!

I prefer it over the decal, but yes if you don’t like that flavor it isn’t for you.

#5702 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

The RING is gold but not the plaque. The plaque is only available in stainless steel. I contacted him before and he said he wasn't going to do the gold/brass plaques.

Damn. That picture taken at an angle looked like the plaque was gold to me at first.

#5703 5 years ago

Do we have any clue as to when the 3.0 code drop might be?

#5704 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

I was wondering the same thing... When will the post 2.97+ code be officially available to the masses?

#5705 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

No idea. Just want to point out when it does. It will be a Full Install. Follow the instructions posted the same download page on the website the download is on.

LTG : )

#5706 5 years ago
Quoted from Pathfinder:

I was wondering the same thing... When will the post 2.97+ code be officially available to the masses?

I know they’re basically doing Dialed In at the same time, so it may take a bit

#5707 5 years ago

Newton and captive ball upgrade.

63568BCE-30A2-40B3-A254-40C82D6FCDA8 (resized).jpeg63568BCE-30A2-40B3-A254-40C82D6FCDA8 (resized).jpeg99570248-B63B-4B16-9FE7-5DB4CE85F9D3 (resized).jpeg99570248-B63B-4B16-9FE7-5DB4CE85F9D3 (resized).jpegD40730A6-93E0-427D-A90E-75FC3693B0E8 (resized).jpegD40730A6-93E0-427D-A90E-75FC3693B0E8 (resized).jpeg
#5708 5 years ago

Looks Sweet!

#5709 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Newton and captive ball upgrade.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Outstanding! Add the Erebor key and throne and you are in business!

#5710 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Outstanding! Add the Erebor key and throne and you are in business!

I like the look of the throne but don’t like that it blocks the view of the ball in the back. Guess I’d have to see it in person to decide for sure.

#5711 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I like the look of the throne but don’t like that it blocks the view of the ball in the back. Guess I’d have to see it in person to decide for sure.

Aah fair point. I don’t have enough time to look at it during the game but in attract mode i think you’re right. Man but it looks -really- cherry in the game

#5712 5 years ago

Nice...FWIW I don’t notice the throne during game play.

#5713 5 years ago

I have a pinball function at my house tonight, and really wanted to get the 2.991 code but see that the link has expired. Has anyone posted this anywhere else to be able to download? Any help would be appreciated.

#5714 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all !! Im new here because i just received my hobbit black arrow and i am very happy of this incredible pinball.
I just have a problem with my nib pinball : smaud head dont rotate... the test coil indicates that the coil stepper motor are off (colored in blue).
Smaug move only the mouth but dont rotate...
Someone has an idea ?
Thanks a lot.
Yannick

Did you ever figure out the issue to this? I am currently having the same issue. This is what I checked so far:

- The coil stepper motors are off, the jaw works fine
- The head freely rotates when I move it and registers the left/right optos.
- Fuses F709/F714 are fine.
- J100 / J102 are firmly seated.

#5715 5 years ago

Hi monkey,
I had a plug unplugged ) and it has solved my problem.
The start button is lighted ? If the start button is not lighted, the plug is unplugged (its the same plug that the head of smaug).
Yannick

#5716 5 years ago

My start button is not lit. Interesting.

Can you clarify which plug you had to check? All mine seem well connected under the playfield.

#5717 5 years ago

Ahah you have exactly my problem ;o) so its very simple to repair. Its the plug directly on the computer under the playfield. Check all the white plug, one is bad plugged ;o)

#5718 5 years ago

Dont remember which plug but one of these or the others behind the computer...

20180607_182600 (resized).jpg20180607_182600 (resized).jpg

#5719 5 years ago

Thanks. I reseated J109 and nothing has changed. The shaker motor works (which is on the same plug) but the start led and smaug coil steppers do not work. I have been tracing the connections back to J100 (on the smaug controller board) and cannot seem to continuity with the voltage line. I am going to keep at this a bit longer and then contact JJP if I can't sort it out.

#5720 5 years ago

Join the club today. Smaug edition #63. Only 300 plays. Man I need to watch a few videos on how to play this. But it's fun.

#5721 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Thanks. I reseated J109 and nothing has changed. The shaker motor works (which is on the same plug) but the start led and smaug coil steppers do not work. I have been tracing the connections back to J100 (on the smaug controller board) and cannot seem to continuity with the voltage line. I am going to keep at this a bit longer and then contact JJP if I can't sort it out.

Check the plugs on the BACK of the computer and make sure they are all seated correctly. Loose ones can be easily missed. Make sure they are well seated on either side of the back of the computer (towards the back of the machine).

#5722 5 years ago

Yes mine was unplugged in the back of the computer. Not on the motherboard. If the shaker works, its not a fuse or something else, its well a plug (the plug in the back which control motor, start button and the spots on the playfield).

#5723 5 years ago

Thanks Yfichelle and Rondogg! I basically reseated every connector on the board and pushed all connectors on the inside/outside of the PC case and Smaug now rotates back and forth with no issues.

I still have this start button light that is out...I swapped bulbs but that isn't it... hmmm.

#5724 5 years ago

Of the light doesn't work in test mode then carefully follow the wires from the light and check all connectors and keep checking the back of the computer box. There are a ton of connectors.

#5725 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

The RING is gold but not the plaque. The plaque is only available in stainless steel. I contacted him before and he said he wasn't going to do the gold/brass plaques.

This!

#5726 5 years ago

Despite being a little late to the party, I am now the proud owner of a Smaug edition. My 10 year old son and I always loved the movie, but I had resisted buying one due to some play some time ago on one that was setup too shallow and with early code. We jacked up the back and it is an absolute blast. This is, in my opinion, a machine that sets a bar for theme integration and is a perfect way to demonstrate how far this industry has come to the uninitiated pinball guest.

I know some people aren't crazy about mods, and I usually lean towards less is more as well. However, given my son and I's love of the theme, it has sort of become something that he and I brainstorm and work on things to do together and we have had a blast doing it. His idea was some sort of black arrow. It was a little tough to replicate as closely as I would have liked, but he, and a couple of other pinheads have given some great feedback. It sits right above the shooter lane, and is on an anti vibration mount that we fabricated. In addition, we have added a bunch of other stuff including side blade art, color filter, a bilbo/gollum display, topper, external sub, gold ring button and plaque, etc.

Anyway, I have rambled enough. Here are a few photos. Glad to join all of you.
IMG_20181113_221757 (resized).jpgIMG_20181113_221757 (resized).jpgIMG_20181113_221819 (resized).jpgIMG_20181113_221819 (resized).jpgIMG_20181113_221838 (resized).jpgIMG_20181113_221838 (resized).jpg

IMG_20181113_222028II (resized).jpgIMG_20181113_222028II (resized).jpg
#5727 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Despite being a little late to the party, I am now the proud owner of a Smaug edition. My 10 year old son and I always loved the movie, but I had resisted buying one due to some play some time ago on one that was setup too shallow and with early code. We jacked up the back and it is an absolute blast. This is, in my opinion, a machine that sets a bar for theme integration and is a perfect way to demonstrate how far this industry has come to the uninitiated pinball guest.
I know some people aren't crazy about mods, and I usually lean towards less is more as well. However, given my son and I's love of the theme, it has sort of become something that he and I brainstorm and work on things to do together and we have had a blast doing it. His idea was some sort of black arrow. It was a little tough to replicate as closely as I would have liked, but he, and a couple of other pinheads have given some great feedback. It sits right above the shooter lane, and is on an anti vibration mount that we fabricated. In addition, we have added a bunch of other stuff including side blade art, color filter, a bilbo/gollum display, topper, external sub, gold ring button and plaque, etc.
Anyway, I have rambled enough. Here are a few photos. Glad to join all of you.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

welcome to the club! That arrow looks killer

#5728 5 years ago

Also loving the arrow in the shooter lane! You made that?? Very cool...

#5729 5 years ago

Does anyone have an idea of how long the Hobbit Black Arrow edition will be produced? I want to get one eventually, but have a TNA coming soon, so ideally wanting to wait a little bit before getting the Hobbit. I don't want to miss out on being able to get a NIB one in the future, though.

#5730 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

Does anyone have an idea of how long the Hobbit Black Arrow edition will be produced? I want to get one eventually, but have a TNA coming soon, so ideally wanting to wait a little bit before getting the Hobbit. I don't want to miss out on being able to get a NIB one in the future, though.

I would think, like WoZ, as long as there is a demand for it Jack will be making them!

#5731 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Also loving the arrow in the shooter lane! You made that?? Very cool...

Thank you! I did. The fletching is hand made from synthetics and the shaft is an actual custom graphite shaft with a real broadhead that was grinded down to be safe and then painted and clearcoated.

#5732 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

My info is probably outdated by now as JJP is very driven by the market demand, but ... when I was at the factory last summer, Jack told me that there would be another Hobbit run "at the end of the year". That timing could have slipped based on the demand of their other pins. At the time, JJPOTC was ramping up and they had just moved the DI production to their second mini production line. I know that the main line is still making JJPOTC (soon the CEs) and will be still on that line through at least January, switching back to the LEs after Christmas. If the DI demand has been filled or close to it, they might switch the mini line over to Hobbits - just a wild speculation.

With the info above, call or email Jen or Jack to see when Hobbits will be made again. They probably wont say if the next run is the last because if the demand is there, and they still have the license, they will still make them. But ... I think the demand for Hobbits is dying down now.

#5733 5 years ago

Hobbit 3.0 full install is up on the JJP website

https://www.JerseyJackPinball.com/support

http://159.203.76.48/th/TheHobbit-v03.00.iso

here is the readme from 2.96 to 3.00
==============================================================================
== Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==
== Presents ==
== The Hobbit ==
== http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/ ==
== Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball ==
== Support Portal: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com ==
== Company Twitter: @JJPinball ==
== Software Department Twitter: @JJPSoftware ==
== Copyright � 2016-8 Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==

Comments, questions, and/or bug reports? Ask @JJPSoftware, which is monitored
and responded by humans.

Issues with your game?
Please open a ticket: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com

== Legend ==

+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note

== Version 3.0 November 12, 2018 ==
== 3.00 ISO image MD5 checksum: 0ef75a9406716b306cd73b63b394f5db ==

- NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release

* Changed "Gollum Save" display to prevent showing it on top of Extra Ball
* Updated Operator Manual to 3.4

=== OS

* Support for newer motherboards

== Version 2.991 November 2, 2018 ==

=== Game Code

* Fixed "Defeat of Azog" U-turn ramp diverter behavior
* Fixed Book Mode ball locked display sometimes showing +0 balls
* Changed Windlance display logic to ensure the shot meter always shows up
* Changed dragon priority for Smaug MB vs. modes

=== Core Code

* Fixed drop target malfunction detection

== Version 2.99 October 29, 2018 ==

=== Game Code

* Fixed "Battle of Five Armies" stage 3 logic
* Changed Arkenstone mode grace period behavior to no longer lock out all rules
* Changed "Defeat of Azog" rule to use U-turn ramp diverter
* Reverted "Light Mystery" inlane rule to V2.01 behavior
+ Added effects for Smaug Multiball Victory laps
* Adjusted music ducking for Smaug defeated
* Modified and added a few lamp effects
* Swapped fanfares for "Gandalf qualified" and "Book Mode lit"
* Updated Operator Manual to 3.3

=== Core Code

* Updated currency and pricing adjustment system
- Pricing settings display more sensibly when currency setting is changed
- Changing currency resets all pricing adjustments and earnings audits
- Invalid pricing tiers are now flagged when set
* Fixed Euro 11 preset
+ Added Japan pricing preset

== Version 2.98 October 18, 2018 ==

=== Game Code

* Modified some lamp effects
* Refined how speech is handled in Arkenstone modes
+ Added Extra Ball count and Tilt Warnings remaining to Status Report
* Changed beast taunting in "The Bait" to prevent repeated scoring w/misadjusted target
* Changed scoring on "Portcullis Loop" award

=== Core Code

* Fixed defect in drop target handler that would reset a drop target instead of scoring

== Version 2.97 October 12, 2018 ==

=== Game Code

* Fixed Arkenstone Mode champs to not reset to default at power up
+ Added some audits that were missing from Arkenstone modes
+ Added music for "Super Spinner"
* Fixed "Feast Frenzy" to include a grace period for scoring
+ Added "Feast Frenzy" and "Super Spinner" champs
* Changed colors used for Ring Button to make them more distinct
+ Added adjustment to inhibit Beast Hurry-up during Book Modes
* Changed Book Mode "hide beast" to inhibit Beast Hurry-up on inlane
+ Added backstab double scoring for Beast Hurry-up
+ Added a few display effects in various places
* Made a bunch of small changes to existing display effects
+ Added game number display to Smaug LE logo movie in attract mode
+ Added a bunch of lamp effects
* Adjusted gain and ducking parameters on fanfares and speech
+ Added some new speech callouts
* Suppressed Book Mode callouts during any multiball
* Changed mode timer to pause on "Gollum save" and trough kicking
* Turned on ball saver at start of "There and Back Again"
* Fixed "There and Back Again" so that it cannot start during a Book Mode
* Changed "There and Back Again" so that final shot does not time out
* Fixed dragon behavior in "Flashback" mode
* Changed "Riddles in the Dark" to be a 5-star tier for Arkenstone scoring
* Fixed ramp U-turn shot behavior when loading Windlance in Smaug Multiball
* Changed all use of kickback to honor "Kickback Strength" adjustment
* Changed "Bait" mode so that beast stays hidden longer on left loop shot
* Changed D-W-A-R-F skill shot to stop updating drop targets after a while

=== Core Code

* Fixed Status Report Start/Display adjustments
* Changed Status Report adjustment to allow up to 20 seconds per page
* Drop target bank error reporting now provides individual target information
* Changed ball handling default to "Balls in Reserve"

#5734 5 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I had just read somewhere else on pinside someone say they weren't making TH anymore, so I wanted to ask about it. Their website says they are available direct from JJP, so I don't imagine it's a current problem. I am going to email just to make sure, though.

#5735 5 years ago

Cool. Hobbit is complete. This was a massive game changing effort.

Well done Ted and Co. Thank you.

#5736 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Cool. Hobbit is complete. This was a massive game changing effort.
Well done Ted and Co. Thank you.

It almost makes me a little sad to say it, but it is complete indeed. The game is INCREDIBLE now. The kind of change that just doesn’t seem possible. The layout really does work, and the game shoots so smooth. And it’s hard, AND it’s deep, and it’s fun and not a grind - it’s exciting! Hopefully this will generate some more sales for JJP

#5737 5 years ago

Looks like I timed my pickup well... For once. Haha

Great code. Been giving it some time already.

#5738 5 years ago

Question,

In preparation for installing the 3.00 full release, I backed up all of my settings using the menu options inside the machine onto a USB. After I install the 3.00 full release and restore my settings, will the high scores still be there (restored from the settings) or does that need to be done in a different way?

#5739 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

Question,
In preparation for installing the 3.00 full release, I backed up all of my settings using the menu options inside the machine onto a USB. After I install the 3.00 full release and restore my settings, will the high scores still be there (restored from the settings) or does that need to be done in a different way?

Scores and settings should all be there

#5740 5 years ago

downloading right now but its very slow... 5 hours to go.
I wish there was a high speed mirror site... lol.

#5741 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

After I install the 3.00 full release and restore my settings, will the high scores still be there

Yes.

Only thing I've run into is one pricing item changed. My 6 games for $5 reverted back to 5 games for $5. At least one of the deltas did that too.

#5742 5 years ago

I have a Black Arrow on a boat shipping to the UK as we speak, so definitely still in production.

#5743 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

not sure if but i believe BA is limited to 700

#5744 5 years ago

Trying to update to 3.0 from 2.96, followed the instructions but no dice the first time. Do I need to reinstall 2.0 first?

#5745 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Trying to update to 3.0 from 2.96, followed the instructions but no dice the first time. Do I need to reinstall 2.0 first?

Read the instructions carefully. Full Install, not delta.

Download update. Download unetbootin. Open unetbootin and use it to place update on a formatted memory stick with nothing else on it. Can take 20 to 30 minutes or more to put on memory stick.

Turn game off. Insert memory stick. Turn game on. Update in progress on the screen. 20 minutes or so. Screen says remove memory stick and restart the game.

#5746 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Read the instructions carefully. Full Install, not delta.
Download update. Download unetbootin. Open unetbootin and use it to place update on a formatted memory stick with nothing else on it. Can take 20 to 30 minutes or more to put on memory stick.
Turn game off. Insert memory stick. Turn game on. Update in progress on the screen. 20 minutes or so. Screen says remove memory stick and restart the game.

Did all that but when I turn on game with USB stick plugged in it just boots to 2.96.

#5747 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Did all that but when I turn on game with USB stick plugged in it just boots to 2.96.

Is the 3.0 on the stick ? Or try a different USB stick, your game isn't seeing anything on the stick.

#5748 5 years ago

While following the full install instructions exactly, is anyone else getting a "file X:\syslinux/menu.c32 already exists" prompt? Not knowing exactly what to do, I chose "Yes to All", and it SEEMS to have installed fully on the stick. However, at the very end, I also get a pop-up indicating UNetbootin "might not have installed correctly". I am hesitant to try updating with these unexpected pop-ups, and I'm curious is anyone else is experiencing this.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#5749 5 years ago
Quoted from IceFang:

I'm curious is anyone else is experiencing this.

I click yes - then last screen don't hit reboot, hit exit.

#5750 5 years ago
Quoted from IceFang:

While following the full install instructions exactly, is anyone else getting a "file X:\syslinux/menu.c32 already exists" prompt? Not knowing exactly what to do, I chose "Yes to All", and it SEEMS to have installed fully on the stick. However, at the very end, I also get a pop-up indicating UNetbootin "might not have installed correctly". I am hesitant to try updating with these unexpected pop-ups, and I'm curious is anyone else is experiencing this.
[quoted image]

I'm getting the same thing, tried two different USB sticks and my game is not recognizing that there is a memory stick plugged it. It just boots to 2.96.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
There are 12,993 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/115?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.