20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 260.
#5651 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Will 2.99 be added to the JJP support page or will it be 3.0 when that happens?

It’s up now. It’s now 2.991.

#5652 5 years ago

Joined the club today, looks like I didn't get black flippers in mine so I'll have to contact my distributor about that. They put the ring button decal on very crooked, would like to try and re-stick it but afraid it will get screwed up removing it. The plunger spring is very weak, I'm guessing it's supposed to be that way. My first JJ so very excited.

20181102_190619 (resized).jpg20181102_190619 (resized).jpg20181102_190628 (resized).jpg20181102_190628 (resized).jpg
#5653 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That's on the JJP forum and the final beta test. The JJP website will likely have 3.0 for download soon (guessing a few days or week) if all goes well.

#5654 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Ted is still finalizing a few things and it will be a "full install".

Any one doing that. Back up your settings. Do the full install. The reinstall your settings.

LTG : )

#5655 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Joined the club today, looks like I didn't get black flippers in mine so I'll have to contact my distributor about that. They put the ring button decal on very crooked, would like to try and re-stick it but afraid it will get screwed up removing it. The plunger spring is very weak, I'm guessing it's supposed to be that way. My first JJ so very excited.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Contact JJP and your distributor asap. They will send you a new sticker and black bats.

#5656 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

On Hobbit plunger is very weak because the skill shots take a lot of finesse. Its supposed to be that way. Get rid of the ring sticker and get a ring and plate from Larry at Flip n out. Only "must have" mod for this game. Enjoy!

#5657 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

It will be 3.0 (or higher). Ted is still finalizing a few things and it will be a "full install".

So for us newbies, will the instructions for a "full install" be the same as when we're doing an upgrade (like from 2.00 to 2.96)? Or do we have to do something else prior (like uninstalling something)?

#5658 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

So for us newbies, will the instructions for a "full install" be the same as when we're doing an upgrade (like from 2.00 to 2.96)? Or do we have to do something else prior (like uninstalling something)?

No uninstall.
First and most important, Back up your settings on a separate drive.

Test the backup by installing it.
Dont skip this, it might be important.

Boot the new iso image and install it.

Install your saved settings.

I have had saved settings fail to install, fortunately I make a couple sets just in case.

#5659 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

No uninstall.
First and most important, Back up your settings on a separate drive.
Test the backup by installing it.
Dont skip this, it might be important.
Boot the new iso image and install it.
Install your saved settings.
I have had saved settings fail to install, fortunately I make a couple sets just in case.

What are the step-by-step instructions to:

1) Back up settings
2) Boot the new Iso image - (I'm used to just grabbing a file to a USB off the JJ site and then letting the pinball machine install the upgrade)

Sorry, just want to make sure I don't screw anything up

#5660 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

What are the step-by-step instructions to:
1) Back up settings
2) Boot the new Iso image - (I'm used to just grabbing a file to a USB off the JJ site and then letting the pinball machine install the upgrade)
Sorry, just want to make sure I don't screw anything up

The manual has very good step by step instructions with pictures.

#5661 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

will the instructions for a "full install" be the same as when we're doing an upgrade (like from 2.00 to 2.96)?

2.00 to 2.96 is a delta update - different from a full install.

Please read the instructions on page E-12 in the manual. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com

Follow pinballreno's advice and back up your settings.

#5662 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Where - I only see 2.96 up on the site. Do you happen to have a link?

#5663 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The 3.0 isn't on the JJP site yet.
It's still in beta test.

#5664 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It's not an official update, a beta test posted on the WOZ forum where things like this may be tested.

Email Jen at Jersey Jack Pinball to get access.

#5665 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

2.00 to 2.96 is a delta update - different from a full install.
Please read the instructions on page E-12 in the manual. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com
Follow pinballreno's advice and back up your settings.

Ok...got the instructions for a full install on page E-12 of the manual. Many thanks for that reference.

How about the instructions to backup and restore the settings? Is there an instruction page somewhere for that process?

#5666 5 years ago

Nevermind...just found it inside the machine setting menus. Thanks.

#5667 5 years ago

Added green Titan rings and the ULEK Store slingshot/inlane protectors today
1DFFF029-CF94-4DC6-BE30-C4F31456A630 (resized).jpeg1DFFF029-CF94-4DC6-BE30-C4F31456A630 (resized).jpeg

EC00DCD0-4436-41DE-97E4-316A4AE2BCC0 (resized).jpegEC00DCD0-4436-41DE-97E4-316A4AE2BCC0 (resized).jpegFCE02346-9964-4B7B-8423-2DB9D471FC4B (resized).jpegFCE02346-9964-4B7B-8423-2DB9D471FC4B (resized).jpeg
#5668 5 years ago

What kind of rubber rings and posts does JJ put on their pins?

#5669 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

What kind of rubber rings and posts does JJ put on their pins?

STC (Suzo Trading Company) some people say it's the best of the new modern rubbers.

I think it wears really well and has great bounce. Especislly if its fresh.

PPS sells it as well as others.

#5670 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Added green Titan rings and the ULEK Store slingshot/inlane protectors today
[quoted image]

But those plain targets! Needs some dressing up

#5671 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

But those plain targets! Needs some dressing up

Any recommendations? I usually don’t get into target decals but they look great on POTC next to it.

#5672 5 years ago

Any recommendations? I usually don’t get into target decals but they look great on POTC next to it.

I actually got mine off of eBay and like them quite a bit. Just search for “Hobbit Pinball Targets” and they will come up first.

04F68F5C-59AD-4195-8311-252889436E96 (resized).jpeg04F68F5C-59AD-4195-8311-252889436E96 (resized).jpeg
#5673 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I actually got mine off of eBay and like them quite a bit. Just search for “Hobbit Pinball Targets” and they will come up first.
[quoted image]

$31 for a few stickers? Wow, I bet that's some good profit for that seller.

#5674 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

$31 for a few stickers? Wow, I bet that's some good profit for that seller.

You gotta make 'em too

#5676 5 years ago

Wrong thread...LOL

#5677 5 years ago

You’ll regret selling Hobbt...

MBr is the shiny new object and you are falling victim to its seduction. It’s a great shooter and a fun game but has nowhere near the depth or strategy or immersion of Hobbit no matter how much polish they have given it. I’d love to have MBr but I’d sell anything other than Hobbit to get it.

#5678 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

You’ll regret selling Hobbt...
MBr is the shiny new object and you are falling victim to its seduction. It’s a great shooter and a fun game but has nowhere near the depth or strategy or immersion of Hobbit no matter how much polish they have given it. I’d love to have MBr but I’d sell anything other than Hobbit to get it.

You're probably right - I feel the same but I just want MBr too much I guess. The only answer is 'Get Both' right?

EDIT: By the way - I moved the question to the SDTM thread.

#5679 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

You're probably right - I feel the same but I just want MBr too much I guess. The only answer is 'Get Both' right?
EDIT: By the way - I moved the question to the SDTM thread.

You would have to sell that Weta Smaug bust if you sell the pin. ?!?

#5680 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

You would have to sell that Weta Smaug bust if you sell the pin. ?!?

Nah, I’ll keep that

#5681 5 years ago

Man this pin keeps amazing me... all the modes are so unique and the sounnds/video/lighting are the best. I may need to drop my slope and put my center post back in and also close the outlanes some bc its absolutely brutal at the moment ..... but i kind of like it lol. So glad i got one of these and its alot of pin for 7k and under.

#5682 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Man this pin keeps amazing me... all the modes are so unique and the sounnds/video/lighting are the best. I may need to drop my slope and put my center post back in and also close the outlanes some bc its absolutely brutal at the moment ..... but i kind of like it lol. So glad i got one of these and its alot of pin for 7k and under.

There’s more modes that use that ramp diverter now; I wish that was used even more often

#5683 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s more modes that use that ramp diverter now; I wish that was used even more often

Yea i like when that diverter is used

#5684 5 years ago

People keep talking about how Smaug's audio is so expanded and varied. I think someone even said after many games they haven't heard the same audio twice? What am I missing? I installed 2.991 and it is still the same audio clips for locking balls as its always been. I heard a few additional quotes at other points of the game, but it feels like a minor addition, not the major expansion people seem to be describing. Do I need to do something different?

#5685 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

People keep talking about how Smaug's audio is so expanded and varied. I think someone even said after many games they haven't heard the same audio twice? What am I missing? I installed 2.991 and it is still the same audio clips for locking balls as its always been. I heard a few additional quotes at other points of the game, but it feels like a minor addition, not the major expansion people seem to be describing. Do I need to do something different?

Try not locking the 3rd ball for a while. Lots of added comments/heckling after 2 balls are locked.

#5686 5 years ago

I recently purchased a new black arrow. I have noticed that the smaug magnet catches the ball less often then when I first started playing. Is this dictated by force/speed that the ball is traveling? I would assume the magnet would be less likely to catch the ball before the drop if traveling at a faster speed. My concern is the playfield getting beaten up from the constant drop. I do have cliffy’s on order.

#5687 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

I recently purchased a new black arrow. I have noticed that the smaug magnet catches the ball less often then when I first started playing. Is this dictated by force/speed that the ball is traveling? I would assume the magnet would be less likely to catch the ball before the drop if traveling at a faster speed. My concern is the playfield getting beaten up from the constant drop. I do have cliffy’s on order.

My Smag magnet catches the ball less now also. Is there a intensity setting?

#5688 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

My Smag magnet catches the ball less now also. Is there a intensity setting?

Is it loose?

#5689 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

ball lock callouts are the same, it's the random stuff that's varied. when you drain, when your game is over, when you haven't plunged, etc

#5690 5 years ago

No, it catches it sometimes. But usually not. Used to catch it all the time.

#5691 5 years ago

Nice little upgrade for the lockdown bar button. A button with gold trim like this would be good to have for JJPOTC too.

77A657C3-0B76-40E3-AC07-D057E54AD2AB (resized).jpeg77A657C3-0B76-40E3-AC07-D057E54AD2AB (resized).jpeg
#5692 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

No, it catches it sometimes. But usually not. Used to catch it all the time.

The 2nd ball catch hasnt worked since very early code.

Now only the first ball and maybe the 3rd balls stop.

But it's normal for only the first ball to stop.

#5693 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The 2nd ball catch hasnt worked since very early code.
Now only the first ball and maybe the 3rd balls stop.
But it's normal for only the first ball to stop.

I vote to bring it back then. That is a better pause while waiting for the animations then it disappearing and pausing. But a very minor thing. Thanks for posting that this is normal now.

#5694 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I vote to bring it back then. That is a better pause while waiting for the animations then it disappearing and pausing. But a very minor thing. Thanks for posting that this is normal now.

I liked it too, but there are some who don't want the pause.

You cant please everybody...

#5695 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

On Hobbit plunger is very weak because the skill shots take a lot of finesse. Its supposed to be that way. Get rid of the ring sticker and get a ring and plate from Larry at Flip n out. Only "must have" mod for this game. Enjoy!

It would be must have if he made it in gold or brass . Not so much in the silver

#5696 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

It would be must have if he made it in gold or brass . Not so much in the silver

I have it, and silver is a good choice. There is plenty of silver on the ramps and wireforms - and the contrast on the lockdown bar is great. It also allows the ring to pop more.

I would say it is a must have mod

#5697 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I have it, and silver is a good choice. There is plenty of silver on the ramps and wireforms - and the contrast on the lockdown bar is great. It also allows the ring to pop more.
I would say it is a must have mod

If that’s your flavor!

#5698 5 years ago

Nice little upgrade for the lockdown bar button. A button with gold trim like this would be good to have for JJPOTC too.
[quoted image]

I've really been looking at finally getting this. Looks great.

#5699 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Larry makes it in Gold as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1061-flip-n-out-pinball/00664-gold-ring-plate-and-button-for-hobbit

#5700 5 years ago

The RING is gold but not the plaque. The plaque is only available in stainless steel. I contacted him before and he said he wasn't going to do the gold/brass plaques.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/114?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.