IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 260.
#5601 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I agree , the powder coating especially on the le is fantastic , sometimes I just find myself rubbing my fingers along it in between balls thinking how nice is this.

that's what she said!

#5602 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Can someone provide me where I can find how to add a sub woofer to a Hobbit

Just added one to mine and all it didn't have much effect since the existing woofer is so good. For what worth..

#5603 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Just added one to mine and all it didn't have much effect since the existing woofer is so good. For what worth..

What? Its sounds good stock..... but a polk powered subwoofer adds a huge amount to the game.

#5604 5 years ago

I just alligator clipped speaker wire from the subwoofer input to the cabinet speaker. I'm sure there are fancier ways to do it but that's what I've done for all my games since the beginning of time. Makes a big difference.

#5605 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Are you looking for a DIY job or something a little more plug-n-play?

I don't have one yet, but I think if I add a sub to any of my machines I'd use the Pinnovators passive subwoofer mixer:
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58

But, they also make a kit just for a single external sub.

#5606 5 years ago

Also... new hobbit smaug owner here.... what a amazing pin when set up nicely. Played it alot at shows and peoples houses and it was slow,floaty and just not that great. I set mine up to 7.3 with open outlanes no center post , sensitive slings and factory settings. Wow it plays fast and brutal but still very manageable. The lighting and overall atmosphere is top notch and the modes vary and are fun. Still not sure what im doing but im having a blast lol. I think more people wld love this pin if they play a correctly set up one. I perfer it greatly over wizard of oz.

#5607 5 years ago

I used the RCA aux audio output on the PC in the cabinet and plugged it into the input on a powered Polk sub. Makes a huge difference.

#5608 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also... new hobbit smaug owner here.... what a amazing pin when set up nicely. Played it alot at shows and peoples houses and it was slow,floaty and just not that great. I set mine up to 7.3 with open outlanes no center post , sensitive slings and factory settings. Wow it plays fast and brutal but still very manageable. The lighting and overall atmosphere is top notch and the modes vary and are fun. Still not sure what im doing but im having a blast lol. I think more people wld love this pin if they play a correctly set up one. I perfer it greatly over wizard of oz.

The first couple of go-rounds on the code didn't help a ton, and a lot was overblown about how "open" the playfield is. With the new code they are strategically using the beast mechs as both "attack" moments, and as obstacles, changing your shots and making you have to re-think your game. This game is absolutely outstanding. I find it more fun than WOZ as well; WOZ is an absolute beauty but I think TH is more fun to shoot.

#5609 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

KingBW does a great job of explaining it on page 110 post #5482.

#5610 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

KingBW does a great job of explaining it on page 110 post #5482.

Thanks as that is what I was looking for!

#5611 5 years ago

I just have to say, this v2.99 beta hobbit code is off the hook!!
The experience is nothing like when the game was first released. The sounds and callouts, the gorgeous lights and effects, the reworked rules and mode presentations - Absolutely amazing, beautiful, polished, and EPIC.
I am so proud to have this game!
Thank you JJP!!

#5612 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

The experience is nothing like when the game was first released. The sounds and callouts, the gorgeous lights and effects, the reworked rules and mode presentations - Absolutely amazing, beautiful, polished, and EPIC.
Thank you JJP!!

2.99 or 2.97?

#5613 5 years ago

#5614 5 years ago

Im so amazed by this game allready and it sounds like the newest code is even more amazing. Glad i was able to get a good deal on a smaug this past week as i see the price only going up on this crazy good pin. People that wrote it off really need to play one at home set up steep and difficult bc its really a top notch pinball experience like nothing else out there. Quickly moving in on one of my top pins ever.

#5615 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I couldn’t agree more...since the last update it has been giving DI a run for which pin I play most. It is completely immersive, JJP really gets how to draw you into the game with sounds, lighting and display. My WOZ usually sits untouched and it is a beautiful game but I just enjoy playing Hobbit and DI more. Also I feel that those two games really complement each other.

#5616 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I couldn’t agree more...since the last update it has been giving DI a run for which pin I play most. It is completely immersive, JJP really gets how to draw you into the game with sounds, lighting and display. My WOZ usually sits untouched and it is a beautiful game but I just enjoy playing Hobbit and DI more. Also I feel that those two games really complement each other.

Yep di is my favorite ever but hobbit is slowly getting there and ive only had it since last fri lol... glad i gave it a shot

#5617 5 years ago

QUICK TECH help needed.

Sooo... i start a game but my stubborn Hobbit won't launch a ball into the shooter lane. Seems the coil strength is too low.
BUT, in test mode it does just fine??!!!
What the heck?

#5618 5 years ago

Awesome, I did not see the new update. That is killer!

#5619 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

QUICK TECH help needed.
Sooo... i start a game but my stubborn Hobbit won't launch a ball into the shooter lane. Seems the coil strength is too low.
What the heck?

Mine did the same .. i had to raise my strength to 16...

#5620 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

What the heck?

Nothing else is going in test mode. Try a little stronger.

LTG : )

#5621 5 years ago

Thanks guys, i will try to crank it up. I have another suggestion in my tech thread to actually lower the power and perhaps bend the apron back a bit.

#5622 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

QUICK TECH help needed.
What the heck?

from my understanding, the power in the test menu is not relative to the actual number. the coils are full strength in the test menu.

Check and see if the ball is hitting the underside of the apron, (not in test mode). if it is, then you need to turn the power down.

#5623 5 years ago

Where can I find the 2.99 update?

#5624 5 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

at the JJP Googlegroup

#5625 5 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

On the JJP WOZ forum on Google. If you have the game and don't have access to the group, email jen@jerseyjackpinball to get access.

#5626 5 years ago

FIXED!!!!!

Mine was set at 11. Had to turn it all the way to 20 to get it to pop out consistently. Nothing was blocking it either.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Mine did the same .. i had to raise my strength to 16...

#5627 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

FIXED!!!!!
Mine was set at 11. Had to turn it all the way to 20 to get it to pop out consistently. Nothing was blocking it either.

Yeah at some point in the code I believe they tweaked the power a bit lower on some things. Not sure what all was affected but I noticed a reduction in strength on both this coil and also the kickback coil.

#5628 5 years ago

Does anyone know if the mini LCD displays the star raiting prior to a mode starting? Would look myself but currently not by my game. This would be very helpful to have for determining what mode you want to play as you hit the left ramp to change the book mode pages.

#5629 5 years ago

It does in the top right corner. But the stars are pretty small.

#5630 5 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

It does in the top right corner. But the stars are pretty small.

Cool, thanks! Will pay attention to that in the future.

#5631 5 years ago

Are all hobbits made with the 2.0 lighting system? I know they didn't start using it in woz until dec 15 2016 but many hobbits were made way before that date.

#5632 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Are all hobbits made with the 2.0 lighting system? I know they didn't start using it in woz until dec 15 2016 but many hobbits were made way before that date.

Yes, 2.0 was built and tested for Hobbit

#5633 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes, 2.0 was built and tested for Hobbit

Good to know... thanks

#5634 5 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Thank you JJP!!

Does the new code show how many remaining balls you have in normal mode ?

#5635 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Does the new code show how many remaining balls you have in normal mode ?

I believe that was introduced in ver 2.0

I assume you are referring to the "balls in reserve" feature. If so, it is in the setting under system settings (I believe).

#5636 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I believe that was introduced in ver 2.0
I assume you are referring to the "balls in reserve" feature. If so, it is in the setting under system settings (I believe).

Yes , I'm asking if balls in reserved feature (how many balls are left) is available in the normal mode.

#5637 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yes , I'm asking if balls in reserved feature (how many balls are left) is available in the normal mode.

by default? i don't believe so. I believe you will have to go in and manually change the settings.

#5638 5 years ago

I'm not aware of ever visiting any JJP Google group, is this only for beta versions of the software? I updated a few months ago and imagine I got the code from their website.

#5639 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm not aware of ever visiting any JJP Google group, is this only for beta versions of the software? I updated a few months ago and imagine I got the code from their website.

No, it’s a discussion forum sponsored by jjp for all of their games. Email Jen and ask and for access.

#5640 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No, it’s a discussion forum sponsored by jjp for all of their games. Email Jen and ask and for access.

Not to sound obtuse, but I'm assuming Jen works for JJP in some capacity? Can someone provide her email address (in PM if needed)? I didn't see it listed on their website.

#5641 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Not to sound obtuse, but I'm assuming Jen works for JJP in some capacity? Can someone provide her email address (in PM if needed)? I didn't see it listed on their website.

Jen is Jack’s daughter. Go on their site and contact them.

#5642 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

read back up only 15 posts.

#5643 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Quoted from pinballinreno:

read back up only 15 posts.

Talk about being obtuse. Jesus! I read right past it and didn't see it. Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious.

#5644 5 years ago

Quoted from Kenz:
On the JJP WOZ forum on Google. If you have the game and don't have access to the group, email jen@jerseyjackpinball to get access.

Updated my TH to 2.99. Epic game. Managed to get to ‘into the fire’ level 2 then lost my ball. It was like fighting an army. Anyways how many levels is there?

#5645 5 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Quoted from Kenz:
Updated my TH to 2.99. Epic game. Managed to get to ‘into the fire’ level 2 then lost my ball. It was like fighting an army. Anyways how many levels is there?

I found the stage count information from an older post by Keith. According to Keith there are 6 stages to Smaug MB, 5 stages each for Into the Fire and Barrel Escape, and 7 stages for Battle of the Five Armies. Plus there's now the "There and Back Again" super wizard mode

#5646 5 years ago

Where should a orbit around from the left loop end up? ....left flipper? Because mine ends up SDTM every time if I don’t divert with the upper flipper. Is this correct?

#5647 5 years ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

Where should a orbit around from the left loop end up? ....left flipper? Because mine ends up SDTM every time if I don’t divert with the upper flipper. Is this correct?

Right flipper.

#5648 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Right flipper.

Ughh. Mines not close to right flipper. Thought I could angle it out to hit left flipper.
Thoughts on getting it to the right flipper? I have everything apart right now to adjust. Run in to post if I try to push bracket outward. And no wiggle room with bracket and screw.

#5649 5 years ago

Will 2.99 be added to the JJP support page or will it be 3.0 when that happens?

#5650 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Will 2.99 be added to the JJP support page or will it be 3.0 when that happens?

It will be 3.0 (or higher). Ted is still finalizing a few things and it will be a "full install".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/113?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.