IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 260.
#5401 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t understand. Smaug is VERY easy to follow if running while a mode is. All the shots are that flaming orange. Just ignore anything else but those until the SJP is lit. Then next phase do the same thing. Rinse repeat until you’re ready to load the windlance and take a shot at killing him.

The mode just feels like it's being wasted. I'm shooting SMB and I'm now getting call outs for a mode I'm paying no attention to? It just seems like overkill. I want to be enjoy everything that's going on as opposed to just rushing through just for the sake of progessing.

#5402 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The mode just feels like it's being wasted. I'm shooting SMB and I'm now getting call outs for a mode I'm paying no attention to? It just seems like overkill. I want to be enjoy everything that's going on as opposed to just rushing through just for the sake of progessing.

I'm no computer programmer but I wouldn't have thought it would be that hard to" hold modes" during multiball in the options menu.

#5403 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Every time I’ve ever been in Smaug I feel like all I can hear are callouts for that. Maybe I’ve just gotten lucky.

#5404 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Even worse is when gandalf counts down 3,2,1 time's up. Confusing for sure.

#5405 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's good to hear . I felt so ripped off when I saw my name was gone I complained to my wife about it but she didn't care
And after less than 150 games the spring on the Shooter rod won't even reach the dwarf drop targets that's pretty poor.

Also check to see if the shooter is grazing the auto-kicker as it plunges. That's what happened to mine after about 100 games. I put a little mylar under the lockdown bar to raise it just a fraction of a hair and it solved that problem for me.

#5406 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Even worse is when gandalf counts down 3,2,1 time's up. Confusing for sure.

But you know that’s only for book modes.

#5407 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But you know that’s only for book modes.

Yes that's what he means. A countdown for a book mode during Smaug MB when you don't realise it's running.

Oh man, a 'disable mode start during Beast/ Smaug MB' in the options menu would = heaven!

#5408 5 years ago

I just hope if they were to do that it’s a setting and it’s not default.

#5409 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Yes that's what he means. A countdown for a book mode during Smaug MB when you don't realise it's running.
Oh man, a 'disable mode start during Beast/ Smaug MB' in the options menu would = heaven!

Yes yes and yes. Thank you fellas. I feel the same.

I do agree that it shouldn't be a default. Definitely an option only.

#5410 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just hope if they were to do that it’s a setting and it’s not default.

Absolutely. Always an option, give the player the choice.

#5411 5 years ago

In this picture two modes are complete. it's really hard to tell between modes that you have started to the ones you have finished . I have to look at the travelers journey and unless you have a very good memory it's really hard to remember which ones you have completed. When you quickly flick through the modes to change them it would be good if you could easily see the completed ones. In the next code update I would like to see a better way to tell apart started modes and finished modes, maybe a gold line around finished modes or keep the mode black and white with the yellow line around it when started and go to color when completed. Personally I like seeing the modes in colour when started I would like to see a different coloured line around the mode when completed. And for those playing at home the completed the modes are the one ring and moon runes.

IMG20180922223022 (resized).jpgIMG20180922223022 (resized).jpg
#5412 5 years ago

Which ones are even completed there

#5413 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Which ones are even completed there

That's exactly what I mean

#5414 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's exactly what I mean

You are so right. They need to be color coded or something. Red for unavailable. Green for available. Solid green for mode queued up.. Gold for completed. I also wish there was an easier way to figure out feeder modes but that may be asking for too much. I think Ted and Co wants to reward the people who have memorized the movies/feeder diagram.

#5415 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You are so right. They need to be color coded or something. Red for unavailable. Green for available. Solid green for mode queued up.. Gold for completed. I also wish there was an easier way to figure out feeder modes but that may be asking for too much. I think Ted and Co wants to reward the people who have memorized the movies/feeder diagram.

You would think it's a no brainer to show the difference between started and finished modes

#5416 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

And for those playing at home the completed the modes are the one ring and moon runes.
[quoted image]

Good point apparently! I'm still not seeing this though - how can you tell which ones are finished?

#5417 5 years ago

Guys, the started modes are color, the completed ones are b&w

I do think it would be good to have the started modes marked clearly on the BOOK. Not sure what difference it makes though, there’s no wizard mode for starting/completing all the book modes

#5418 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I do think it would be good to have the started modes marked clearly on the BOOK. Not sure what difference it makes though, there’s no wizard mode for starting/completing all the book modes

Complete (start) all 31 book modes to get to the new Wizard mode There and Back Again.

#5419 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Good point apparently! I'm still not seeing this though - how can you tell which ones are finished?

The finished ones are third from the left and forth from the left top

#5420 5 years ago

I've been away from the board for quite some time. I'm currently on Version 2.01.

What's the latest version, and what does it have included in it? I think I read earlier that we're at 2.98 or something?

Does it have a final final mode and if so, what do you do to complete it?

Is there going to be a 3.00 release? If so, when and what will it have in it?

Thanks ahead of time......

#5421 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

What's the latest version,

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/ 2.96 for Hobbit. Downloads and instructions here.

LTG : )

#5422 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

Does it have a final final mode and if so, what do you do to complete it?

Yes. Play every mode to light it. Hit a hole to start it. You have to hit one shot that’s flashing to advance to the next level. You have to get through all the modes again to beat it.

#5423 5 years ago

All 31 modes in one game? I've had 4.6M games killing Smaug and getting to the final Wizard mode, but even then I was only doing 10 or 12 modes and getting a ton of extra balls.

Wouldn't playing every mode be practically impossible? Has anyone here ever done that in a regular 3-ball game?

#5424 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Completed modes circled in green? Wow, some are easy to tell, others way to hard to see. One example...The Orc mode besides the right circle complete or yet to play?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5425 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

Wouldn't playing every mode be practically impossible? Has anyone here ever done that in a regular 3-ball game?

Yep. Haha

#5426 5 years ago

Does anyone know where this belongs on the hobbit pin?

0C54C4AB-6583-49E9-9E2F-F7B7702AB8AC (resized).jpeg0C54C4AB-6583-49E9-9E2F-F7B7702AB8AC (resized).jpeg33345762-E19F-42C6-9B52-8AA231C280DD (resized).jpeg33345762-E19F-42C6-9B52-8AA231C280DD (resized).jpeg
#5427 5 years ago

Is that one of the light shields under the main ramp?

#5428 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Is that one of the light shields under the main ramp?

You are very correct. I had one fall off and get lodged by the mode ball lock scoop. Studied the manual and found where it went. That item just sticks and used as a light diffuser for each under ramp light.

#5430 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Complete (start) all 31 book modes to get to the new Wizard mode There and Back Again.

Oh, duh that’s right. I remember Ted saying that there’s no wizard mode for COMPLETING; sorry got mixed up!

#5431 5 years ago

I can't imagine anyone could actually complete all 31 modes!

#5432 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I can't imagine anyone could actually complete all 31 modes!

Yeah that’s impossible. No way anyone could do that. Especially since you cannot replay them.

#5433 5 years ago

So another question about this Final Mode.....do you have to go through all 3 Wizard modes to be able to get to the Final Mode, or is an independent event (i.e. once I have started all 31 modes, it becomes available regardless what else I've done to that point)?

#5434 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

So another question about this Final Mode.....do you have to go through all 3 Wizard modes to be able to get to the Final Mode, or is an independent event (i.e. once I have started all 31 modes, it becomes available regardless what else I've done to that point)?

Only requirement is playing all 31 modes.

#5435 5 years ago

Well guys, just downloaded and installed the new software. Played a few games and on one of them, got on a nice long run.

Got through all 3 wizard modes (didn't kill Smaug though).......I actually got 22 modes open. I still think getting all 31 is going to be practically impossible though. That was my third best game ever, and still didn't get close to all 31.

I love the percent complete status added to the book on each mode. The 3,2,1 countdown is a little annoying, however. Like all the other changes though.

31 modes....just seems impossible. lol

Hobbit_Game_092218 (resized).jpgHobbit_Game_092218 (resized).jpg
#5436 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:Completed modes circled in green? Wow, some are easy to tell, others way to hard to see. One example...The Orc mode besides the right circle complete or yet to play?
[quoted image]

These are the completed modes orc mode was started but not finished

IMG_20180923_163938 (resized).jpgIMG_20180923_163938 (resized).jpg
#5437 5 years ago

So lucky to play this again today and oh my god what a difference the code update made.
Such a beautiful, feature packed fun game.
I completely changed my mind, winner.

#5438 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So confusing and hard to see. Yep, definitely needs changed.

#5439 5 years ago

One shot away from killing smaug. I finally appreciate the side flipper.

#5440 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

I know right???
Now tell two friends, and get them to tell two friends...

#5441 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

I use that flipper all the TIME to manage runaway balls and bricked shots. This game is SO damn good now. I can’t stay away from it

#5442 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I use that flipper all the TIME to manage runaway balls and bricked shots. This game is SO damn good now. I can’t stay away from it

I agree I've had the pin for about a month now and I don't understand why people said that the Flipper is useless like you say I use it all the time and it's really good for a sneaky ratagast shot.

#5443 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I agree I've had the pin for about a month now and I don't understand why people said that the Flipper is useless like you say I use it all the time and it's really good for a sneaky ratagast shot.

Can you make it in that right hole with the upper right flipper? I’ve never been able to do it

#5444 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can you make it in that right hole with the upper right flipper? I’ve never been able to do it

Yes I've done it lots of times, I think the sweet spot is from halfway to the back of the Flipper somewhere but I haven't perfected it. I just killed smaug for the first time tonight it was a total fluke in the middle of five multi balls but I'll take it, so stoked. Man I love this pin !

#5445 5 years ago

list of right flipper shots/uses for someone that uses it all the time? I would love to skim and see what I might be missing......

#5446 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

list of right flipper shots/uses for someone that uses it all the time? I would love to skim and see what I might be missing......

Besides the Smaug shot, when the ball comes out of the barrel pops and goes into the right orbit then comes down to that flipper, you hit the captive ball for decent points (like a skill shot) and I think towards a ball save on the left out lane (?). Its a shot that gives some worthwhile rewards. I don't know of other upper flipper skill shot type of rewards.

#5447 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think_ you can technically make any of the side flipper shots with your right flipper if you wanted to. There is a grace period for shots like the thorin kickback relight and the smaug kill shot.

Smaug kill shot really fits the theme and the novelty of the wind lance setup for a one-time side flipper shot is pretty unique. But it's not like the games unplayable without it.

#5448 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I use the right flipper all the time to divert the ball to the left side (instead of the right)
To hit the captive ball shot - I seem to do a better job with the top flipper than the bottom flipper (odd I know)
To hit the dwarf targets if they are needed and the time is short
To hit the top beasts when they are up.

While it isn't absolutely necessary for a shot I am glad they kept at least 1 of the upper flippers - I would rather have a flipper than another sling.

#5449 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I use the right flipper all the time to divert the ball to the left side (instead of the right)
To hit the captive ball shot - I seem to do a better job with the top flipper than the bottom flipper (odd I know)
To hit the dwarf targets if they are needed and the time is short
To hit the top beasts when they are up.
While it isn't absolutely necessary for a shot I am glad they kept at least 1 of the upper flippers - I would rather have a flipper than another sling.

That’s pretty much all what I use it for. Plus mystery.

Occasionally the ball will accidentally go up the left ramp as well but I don’t think this is a reliable shot.

#5450 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

You are looking for differences that are not there. Only four states are indicated on the hex icons:

unqualified
qualified
qualified and selected
played

--Ted

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/109?hl=captchaos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.