IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 260.
#5001 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey, if anyone had previously changed the audio settings to the ones I recommended, I advise changing them to the new stock values. The audio is balanced pretty well now, and if you have my old settings on there with the new code, some callouts might sound too low.

Thanks for the heads up. I just updated my sound to your recommendations a week ago. Will re-adjust to the new 2.95 stock values. Thanks Rarehero

#5002 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It took me 45 minutes total my first time.
Used the Hanson hand die and a small block of wood.
Dremeled off the bottom if the rivet.
The whole repair took about 15 minutes with the proper tools.
20 mins after that without changing the flaps for waxing.

Didn’t they include two sets of rivers? One for an inexpensive rivet gun?

Do you have a link to the hand die that you used?

Think I will take this on. If I can build my own new opto cable from parts and install it under the Dialed in theater, I should be able to handle this.

#5003 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Think I will take this on. If I can build my own new opto cable from parts and install it under the Dialed in theater, I should be able to handle this.

Checkout my post 4348 on page 87 about doing the ramp flap upgrade. I was a bit hesitant to do the ramp flap upgrade myself but it wasn't too bad. The biggest pain is removing the ramp assembly. The instructions provided by JJP with the ramp flap upgrade are a great guide.

Here's the tool I used.

https://www.amazon.com/Hanson-Rivet-HT-174-RIVET-CLINCHER/dp/B00ZDUSRE8/ref=sr_1_2

#5004 5 years ago

I have a HUGE complaint about Into the Fire in the new update. The epic music on my game appears to be completely gone from the first stage and intermittent on the second stage. I didn’t realize how much I liked the music until it was gone, absolutely ruined Into the Fire for me.
Other than the voice callouts, all I hear is the new switch sound that kind of sounds like a lightsaber. PLEASE tell me there’s a setting adjustment I’m missing.

As suggested I returned the volume settings to stock, still gone.

#5005 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I mix and matched using this. Was a bit awkward since the rivets are close to the sidewalls:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077HBVHKS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

#5006 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Use the ht- 174 from Ebay or Hanson rivet.com

It's perfect for all pinball rivets

#5007 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesMxP:

I have a HUGE complaint about Into the Fire in the new update. The epic music on my game appears to be completely gone from the first stage and intermittent on the second stage. I didn’t realize how much I liked the music until it was gone, absolutely ruined Into the Fire for me.
Other than the voice callouts, all I hear is the new switch sound that kind of sounds like a lightsaber. PLEASE tell me there’s a setting adjustment I’m missing.

Hmm...got into the fire a few times since new code and don't recall anything different except I think the "Super Jackpot is ready" callout is missing for Stage 1. I'll have to pay attention next time and see. If so, that would stink. Thanks for bringing it up.

#5008 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesMxP:

I'm not having this issue.

Try reinstalling the update.
I had to go it 3 times to get it perfect.

You can also back up your settings and do a complete wipe and installation of 2.0 and then apply the update.

Then install your backup settings.

#5009 5 years ago

I'm not having this issue.
Try reinstalling the update.
I had to go it 3 times to get it perfect.
You can also back up your settings and do a complete wipe and installation of 2.0 and then apply the update.
Then install your backup settings.

So I just put the update drive back in and let it run a second time?

#5010 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesMxP:

So I just put the update drive back in and let it run a second time?

Yes that's what I did.
Especially if you think you are missing data.
If your download is corrupt you might get a fresh one also.

#5011 5 years ago

Hey is it just me or are there a lot more shaker effects? I don’t think I noticed many before - now they’re all over the place!!! Awesome!

#5012 5 years ago

As I was diagnosing my Orc mech not registering hits (screw fell off and lodged behind head), I noticed that the mech is hitting the wood behind it when it comes down on the metal bracket that is angled down from the flap. With the playfield lifted, when I push on the plunger to raise the orc there is definitely some resistance, whereas the other beast mechs push out smoothly. I thought I saw a fix for this in the past, but now can't find it.

#5013 5 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

As I was diagnosing my Orc mech not registering hits (screw fell off and lodged behind head), I noticed that the mech is hitting the wood behind it when it comes down on the metal bracket that is angled down from the flap. With the playfield lifted, when I push on the plunger to raise the orc there is definitely some resistance, whereas the other beast mechs push out smoothly. I thought I saw a fix for this in the past, but now can't find it.

Raise the mech and bend the whole assembly ftom the top of the Plainfield either forward or backward a little at a time until it drops like a rock.

#5014 5 years ago

Raise the mech and bend the whole assembly ftom the top of the Plainfield either forward or backward a little at a time until it drops like a rock.

ah brute force. I thought I saw something else about washers, or was that something else?

#5015 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey is it just me or are there a lot more shaker effects?

Yeah, it's just you. You're nuts, man. Completely nuts-o!

Just kidding. I think I noticed too.

#5016 5 years ago

For me, I have enjoyed playing Hobbit ever since I got it. I get Into the Fire occasionally and rarely get the other two modes. But I have fun so it is okay.

With the new update, I FINALLY know what I am doing. The extra callouts are super helpful. The color coding on the ring allows me to use it more often. (When I used to look at the screen for what it was, I would lose the ball.) I can also get all 5 Arkenstones and Into the Fire. More importantly, I now KNOW that I am actively doing it rather than it passively happening...

In the past few days I got Into the Fire more than I have in the last two years or so. Now the challenge is to repeat this to get the other multi-balls.

(It could also be that Star Wars Premium has made me a better player. )

Michael

#5017 5 years ago

Holy cow! I've started playing with the mindset of starting a mode whenever possible and keeping Beast frenzy going. Wow. Just had an epic game and only started 10 modes, but killed 86 beasts. Got to Barrel escape but Smaug escaped me. Someday I will finish Barell Escape, but I get so many SDTM's off the horseshoe ramp...but gosh I love that shot. I'm rambling, but man, I feel like I just opened this game NIB all over again!

#5018 5 years ago

My Ax on the right slingshot snapped in two. Does anyone know where to get a new one, or do you just go straight to JJP?

#5019 5 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

go straight to JJP?

Straight to JJP. Best call them. The store on the website doesn't show them.

LTG : )

#5020 5 years ago

Thanks as always

#5021 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Holy cow! I've started playing with the mindset of starting a mode whenever possible and keeping Beast frenzy going. Wow. Just had an epic game and only started 10 modes, but killed 86 beasts. Got to Barrel escape but Smaug escaped me. Someday I will finish Barell Escape, but I get so many SDTM's off the horseshoe ramp...but gosh I love that shot. I'm rambling, but man, I feel like I just opened this game NIB all over again!

So true. I'm actually learning the modes! Next step is to have a game plan to do the feeder modes and Arkenstone qualifier modes in some king of sensible order. After 5-10 modes I'm pretty close to an Arkenstone mode so I go for that. It's a different adventure every time. Excellent game with so much to do. The JJP crew really lifted this game to a new level that matches how beautiful the art/lights/sound are. Not having Beast run with Smaug was also perfectly implemented. Well done!

#5022 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey is it just me or are there a lot more shaker effects? I don’t think I noticed many before - now they’re all over the place!!! Awesome!

I did sprinkle in some more shaker motor in a few places. I'm glad it was noticeable.
--Ted

#5023 5 years ago

So would this be considered a 'final' release for the software? Just curious, I don't own the pin but I am now considering it.

#5024 5 years ago

Ever try playing Hobbit with arrow launcher not working? I couldn't figure out why no balls were getting diverted to left outlane while playing on new code. Found and resolved my issue. The mech is attached to the ramp and held in place by one machine screw about 1/8 inch long. Very insignificant looking item. The screw had come out and mech was roughly in place but hanging down and not working. Fixed it and now diverted works as intended and the game plays much better now.

#5025 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

So would this be considered a 'final' release for the software? Just curious, I don't own the pin but I am now considering it.

More to come!

#5026 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Ever try playing Hobbit with arrow launcher not working? I couldn't figure out why no balls were getting diverted to left outlane while playing on new code. Found and resolved my issue. The mech is attached to the ramp and held in place by one machine screw about 1/8 inch long. Very insignificant looking item. The screw had come out and mech was roughly in place but hanging down and not working. Fixed it and now diverted works as intended and the game plays much better now.

I am an idiot yes yes I have never once loaded it and was like wonder how that works all these people talking about loading the arrow I can't seem to figure it out

#5027 5 years ago

I had similar issue in the past where screw was lose and mexh was rotates a tad and sometimes getting hung up thus not diverting.

#5028 5 years ago

Reset my audio levels to default and got back to Into the Fire. I can hear the music faintly now, but it almost completely cuts out every time the new “whooo” switch effect cuts in (appears to happen when hitting loops and going through the bumpers and sometimes when the ramp optos trigger).

Now that particular switch sound effect is all I hear after I was on the lookout for it. It really stands out and appears to have priority over other effects.

#5029 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I am an idiot yes yes I have never once loaded it and was like wonder how that works all these people talking about loading the arrow I can't seem to figure it out

First go into test menu and coil test. Near the end of list is one for windlance (arrow). Set it to run and pull out white coin door interlock switch, and you should see the arrow diverter working. Might not be running full power but arm should poke through two bottom rails. If it is blocked, loosen screw on top holding it, twist to find sweet spot and tighten in place.

Then during game mode you'll eventually notice the load arrow insert lit solid purple. Send a ball up the right ramp and it should be diverted. (Oh, first use ring button to turn off lock light. This should work when ramp is unlit or maybe with mode light on, not sure about lock light on). Give it a try and report back.

The wndlance/arrow adds a ton to the game and its ingenuity is under appreciated. Sometimes it serves as a skill shot to MAN targets, some of the modes use the arrow feature, and then of course it is needed to kill Smaug. Mmmmphhh yeah, you might to take a look at yours.

#5030 5 years ago

First go into test menu and coil test. Near the end of list is one for arrow. Set it to run and pull out white coin door interlock switch, and you should see the arrow diverter working. Might not be running full power but arm should poke through two bottom rails. If it is blocked, loosen screw on top holding it, twist to find sweet spot and tighten in place.
Then during game mode you'll eventually notice the load arrow insert lit solid purple. Send a ball up the right ramp and it should be diverted. (Oh, first use ring button to turn off lock light. This should work when ramp is either unlit or maybe with mode light is on, not sure about lock light). Give it a try and report back.
The arrow adds a ton to the game, and its ingenuity is under appreciated. Sometimes it serves as a skill shot to MAN targets, some of the modes use the arrow feature, and then of course it is needed to kill Smaug. So yeah, you might to take a look at yours.

Not plugged in from my shop job I was wondering and wondering what I did not understand about this game and killing Smaug I was like even if I am so so terrible I have had a long enough multiball to at least get some progress.

#5031 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesMxP:

Reset my audio levels to default and got back to Into the Fire. I can hear the music faintly now, but it almost completely cuts out every time the new “whooo” switch effect cuts in (appears to happen when hitting loops and going through the bumpers and sometimes when the ramp optos trigger).
Now that particular switch sound effect is all I hear after I was on the lookout for it. It really stands out and appears to have priority over other effects.

I agree. This new overused "whooo" switch effect happens WAY too often and absolutely dominates the audio. It's all I hear now in multiball as the inlane switches and ramp optos are constantly being activated. At first, I thought it was an error with my code update, but it's clearly audible throughout the JJP stream. This is the only major issue I have.

A minor audio issue is how the cool "3 mode balls locked" sound effect sometimes plays when I only lock 1 mode ball. On one occasion, the "1 mode ball locked" effect played twice in succession.

Hopefully these audio issues get ironed out as the code reaches 3.0. From a gameplay perspective, I'm having a blast... Thanks for reinvigorating my love of the game, JJP!

#5032 5 years ago

I just discovered the "Details new Hobbit Code" thread, and both of the concerns I mentioned in my post above have already been acknowledged and planned for correction:
> "Dwarf horn" is too big/loud for its use: Yes, a smaller sound is needed instead of this one. This will be remedied in the next update.
> Mode "ball locked" sounds are out of order and garbled: Another mistake, but too complicated to explain. Fixed for next update.

Go JJP!

#5033 5 years ago

So now that I have a left ramp what are the bending adjustments required to keep it from jumping and going right into the drain. I have seen it mentioned a few places but don't recall where

#5034 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

So now that I have a left ramp what are the bending adjustments required to keep it from jumping and going right into the drain.

Center the wireform over the right return lane, loosen lock nut to move wireform and retighten. Turn flipper strength down a little.

#5035 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Center the wireform over the right return lane, loosen lock nut to move wireform and retighten. Turn flipper strength down a little.

Thanks as always LTG - another moment in dumb Hobbit trilogy spot light was very much bumping that ball across the room well ok perhaps not that dump looks like I have the old wire form only one cross bar is that fixable or do I need to purchase the replacement part?

#5036 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I have the old wire form only one cross bar is that fixable or do I need to purchase the replacement part?

Some people have put a post there to stop the ball from getting stuck against the sidewall. If you want the newer version, probably have to buy it if it's available.

#5037 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Some people have put a post there to stop the ball from getting stuck against the sidewall. If you want the newer version, probably have to buy it if it's available.

On order!

#5038 5 years ago

Did they change the wire form on the LE and if so do you know from what number it would have been changed

#5039 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

So now that I have a left ramp what are the bending adjustments required to keep it from jumping and going right into the drain. I have seen it mentioned a few places but don't recall where

I did two things to improve this problem. First were the wire ramp is screwed down closest to the drain, I removed the screw and the ramp cold sprung in the up direction. I believe where the ramp bends down about three inches from this screw created a jump of sorts. I put a black rubber piece from an outline post under the ramp wire form where it is screwed down to remove the cold spring and this iminimized the jump effect. I also bent the loop at the very end of the ramp up slightly upwards to “catch” a slight air ball better. Seems to have worked pretty well.
I had previously reduced the coiil power on the right Flipper so that the ball was not traveling as fast on a clean shot up the ramp.

#5040 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I did two things to improve this problem. First were the wire ramp is screwed down closest to the drain, I removed the screw and the ramp cold sprung in the up direction. I believe where the ramp bends down about three inches from this screw created a jump of sorts. I put a black rubber piece from an outline post under the ramp wire form where it is screwed down to remove the cold spring and this iminimized the jump effect. I also bent the loop at the very end of the ramp up slightly upwards to “catch” a slight air ball better. Seems to have worked pretty well.
I had previously reduced the coiil power on the right Flipper so that the ball was not traveling as fast on a clean shot up the ramp.

Thanks sure did fix it! A bit of a different game with well the entire left lane in play. Just thought it was like flying rocks and rather rare to get a ball over there..... For a loose plug and a rubber dang I got a new game with new code to boot.

#5041 5 years ago

Jersey Jack 3.00 on Twitch this Friday, can someone confirm?

#5042 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

That would be amazing if true!

#5043 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Where did you read this ?

The JJP Software Tweet on Wednesday said no live feed today, maybe on Friday ( Hobbit 3.0 )

#5044 5 years ago

My HobbitLE gets delivered tomorrow!

It’s a Dec/Nov build I believe. Anybody know what code it should come installed with. I’m gong to get my usb ready tonight and wondered if I’d need to install 2.0 first. Not sure when 2.0 came out and if it would be installed on Dec/Nov build. Thanks.

#5045 5 years ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

I’d need to install 2.0 first.

Should have that in it. Easy to check. Hit the Enter diagnostic button once and look at lower right corner of screen to see what is in your game.

Jerseyjackpinball.com has the Support section for downloads and manual. Manual has complete instructions for full install or delta install.

#5046 5 years ago

Thanks LTG. Appreciate the quick response
I’ve done updates on WOZ and DI, only past issue was needing to try a different USB.
....was curious about if 2.0 would be needed before 2.96. Looks like I’ll get to go straight to the delta Tomorrow afternoon can’t get here soon enough.

#5047 5 years ago

My beast mech wire splicing saving washers keep coming loose, and there's now not the wood to get a good grip on the screw.

Was there ever a factory fix for this, or has anyone found a permanent solution? Thanks.

#5048 5 years ago

Jam a toothpick in the hole with some wood glue and let it dry to give the screw something to grab on to. Possibly a larger screw but be very careful not to get one too long so you don't damage the playfield.

#5049 5 years ago

Just a quick shout out to JJP. First, new Hobbit code is so great. I have been playing more and completing more modes than ever before. I love the new callouts, lights, sounds, etc. But, the greatest thing that I don't know that many people comment on is the ease of updating the code. The download from the site is fast. I insert it into the game and BAM! it's done. When I updated Stern SW code it took forever to download a multi Gig file and then wait forever for it to update when inserted. Essentially download overnight and then play other games while I wait for it to upload. On Hobbit, within 5 minutes I go from download to upload. So easy. Thanks JJP. I had forgotten how much better in every way you are than every other company. Get that POTC out and move quickly onto #5 because we need those sales to keep you in business for a long time. Pinball needs you! Thanks to the whole JJP crew!

#5050 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

My beast mech wire splicing saving washers keep coming loose, and there's now not the wood to get a good grip on the screw.
Was there ever a factory fix for this, or has anyone found a permanent solution? Thanks.

I recall adding a zip tie to a wire in the beast mech when it was removed to pull it to the side or something versus using a washer. Wish I had a pic of it. As others have said toothpicks with a bit of wood glue inserted into the hole will help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.