73%
  • No 44 votes
    27%

(162 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
bill-cosby-141116-wide_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 7 years ago

I love my Hobbit machine! Had to do quite a bit of tweaking to get it to play the way I prefer, but its awesome. At this point I have seen pretty much the whole game, so I am just awaiting more code before I start hammering away on it more. All good, its a great game as is- just excited to see what else Keith has in store, including adding more Arkenstone modes and music, sounds, mode completion bonuses, etc.

#73 7 years ago

I own a Hobbit LE and think it is awesome and love it !

I actually put NO on the voting results just to prove how stupid it is. I've now tarnished your stats and poll; it is now void and invalid.

#79 7 years ago

The mode lock idea is awesome.. really looking forward to that. Hoping they made each mode more unique with better music, callouts, and lighting effects.. they feel too similar between all of them..

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

The mode locks make postponing smaug locks much more enticing. I don't think many modes feel similar at all. Good mix of easy one shot modes, back and forth shooting of shots, hitting drops, hitting targets behind drops, repeatedly hitting a certain shot, etc.

Yeah, I think the objectives are great and differentiate the modes- I guess what I meant is that I was hoping there were more unique music, sounds, and lighting each mode- kind of like the one that flashes the RGB's and others that have unique music- makes it more exciting. Most modes are the same music, lighting and sounds- it would be great if Keith coded more unique 'bling' to identify each mode.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

It's fun at first but the gameplay thins out after a while. Each update makes it a bit better. That upper flipper is mostly worthless, and I don't like how most inlane returns cause a troll to pop up right in front of the next natural shot.
My main source of discontent is the build quality. I had one of the very first Smaug Gold SEs for home use, and it was damaged prior to arrival, and a mech was completely broken upon arrival. Since then, I've had several issues with it after only a few dozen plays: switches have gone dead and Smaug stopped moving.
Not happy at all...

Sorry about your bad luck!

On my machine the 3rd flipper works great for hitting the captive ball/Thorin shot, hitting the roaming Dwarf drop targets, Orc pop up, and using it to kill Smaug during Smaug MB. Also, the Windlance shot of course. I also use it to feed the left flipper after an orbit shot to set up for another ramp shot.

It's not the flipper, its the way you are playing the game. -Steve Jobs

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from mattster:

We got people here who think sex is gross.

bill-cosby-141116-wide_(resized).jpgbill-cosby-141116-wide_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-only-please-happy-or-not-poll?tu=kpg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.