You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif
IMG_3001 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlosopher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 7 years ago

We looked at both for hours, which became days, before finally choosing TH. Went into the process thinking we would buy STLE or Tommy, but WOZ and TH are so obviously the best tables presently made that we knew it had to be one of them. Finally we chose TH because it feels like a journey, is a warm and beautiful design, is so complex and challenging, and to be honest because screaming witches - even high fidelity 75th anniversary witches - is just too much after a while. Both machines are great. Both are frustratingly awesome to play. But we made the gamble too that while WOZ will long be remembered as amazing, TH is just ascending to where we think it will end up: as the best cinematic pinball game ever made. Who knows? Anyway haven't regretted it yet. It doesn't get old.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#49 7 years ago

Hobbit. Played both and love both and that is the right choice to be making - they are both amazing and will only get more valuable and more fun. In the end Hobbit is far more engaging to me and everyone I have met who has played both. TH literally feels like a new game every time you master another layer of the complex game rules. Eventually you can grasp and monitor all the things going on at once, the dwarves on the screen, the changing modes and the chapters in the book but it isn't easy and it feels "meta"; like you are actually on a quest not just playing a game about one . The score is beautiful and the pin just looks beautiful even when off. The attract more is actually attractive - while WOZ is kinda, well, shrill.

There are so many great shots, too; don't be led astray on that. The E, the barrels, a loop. And the fact that it is so hard to control the ball after the spider and warg shots keeps you laser focused on the ball even when just tooling around in the middle.

I do want to have both pins, if it rains money. I saw an autographed blue/green WOZ in Milford CT and it blew me away but TH is an easy choice in the end. And it is shocking that it isn't ranked far higher on the top 100, but I assume that is because it got torched when it was first released. It will make its way up soon I suspect. My point being that it will end up being as or more collectible than WOZ. imho.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 16.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlosopher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-or-woz?tu=pinlosopher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.