You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif
IMG_3001 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 7 years ago

We have both, and absolutely love both. Woz wins for me. It's my favorite pin ever, but hobbit is a close second. Both are very different thankfully. Hobbit is chaos disguised as a slow start. We love it. These both trump anything else I've had in my collection and are both the big hit at all my parties. I do think woz is deeper and more difficult. Hobbit will be pretty deep when done and is a more forgiving table. Again, play both more then decide.

1 month later
#46 7 years ago

As an owner of met, woz, and TH I can give my unbiased opinion. Metallica pro is awesome. Best bang for buck of all sterns IMO. Love it. That said, after I have a blast playing it for awhile and admire it's full beauty, I go over to the jjp games and it suddenly feels like metallica isn't even close in any form or fashion other than just being fun. Not knocking sterns, but man the details, looks, quality and depth of gameplay on both of jjps blow stern away. Since owning jjps pins, I basically only play my sterns when I want a fast play due to time limitations or simply to change things up. The jjp games have so much more to go for and work towards. I'll probably never sell my metallica or acdc, but they would go before either jjp for me. Not to mention the amount of attention/play the jjps get compared to my sterns at my parties. Price is high obviously, but I can see why they cost more than a stern. Now of course, I will buy another stern once they announce star wars. Lol. Woz over hobbit btw due to its the total package you'll probably never see again in a new pin.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I also own a Hobbit & a few Sterns. It all comes down to what style of game you prefer. I've always preferred a more fast risk/reward style of gameplay over the 45min to an hour that certain games can give you. Give me what ACDC, Met & TWD can offer any day of the week over what the Hobbit and other similar style games give a player.

Like I said, I own 2 fast sterns with my metallica and acdc and love them. The Change of pace though to my 2 amazing jjp games is a very welcome change. It's all about personal preference. I like both styles of play. I'm simply saying though that the jjp games are nicer tables, and deeper gameplay. That doesn't take away from my sterns. Both metallica and acdc are two all time great tables IMO, but so are the jjps. It really is just personal preference and each player needs to try a table before making such an expensive purchase. PS. I really like twd to.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I'm debating on selling a few Ballys/Williams in my collection to fund a Hobbit.It would look great in the middle of Lotr and Wozecle.
I too am salivating to own one after playing the OP's!

Do it!!! You won't regret it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 16.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-or-woz?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.