Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif
licking ball.JPG
rug important.JPG
FIRST!.gif
life.gif
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

TH because... brace for it... TBL movie was incredibly stupid.

I feel sorry for you!

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

. TBL movie was incredibly stupid.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man...

thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gifthats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif
#153 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

TH because... brace for it... TBL movie was incredibly stupid.

I started TBL movie 2 or 3 times to see what all the chatter was about and I fell asleep probably 30 minutes in every time. Certainly not a movie I get all hot and bothered about like everyone else in here. Oh well. Enjoy your rugs.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I started TBL movie 2 or 3 times to see what all the chatter was about and I fell asleep probably 30 minutes in every time.

Funnily enough, if I could be bothered to start the movie, I'm sure TH would have the same effect on me... the thought of it makes me drowsy

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Funnily enough, if I could be bothered to start the movie, I'm sure TH would have the same effect on me... the thought of it makes me drowsy

I probably nodded off during some of those tedious war scenes in both those movies too. Just because I didn't get into TBL doesn't mean I endorse TH as great movies. I think TH is a much better pinball license than they were movies (and I feel the same about LOTR).

#156 9 years ago

I know a few guys who didn't like the film at all, and even more that won't give it a chance because of the over love it gets and repeated movie lines. I really liked it not as a theme for pinball but a classic movie.

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Just because I didn't get into TBL doesn't mean I endorse TH as great movies.

Indeed, I didn't mean to imply that by the way, just saying that I'm sure TH would have the same effect on me as TBL has on you...

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarpBar:

I ordered a TBL also just bc it was so close with all your opinions, well see if it ever comes...lol. I am quite certain the hobbit will be here by March. Are you guys concerned giving money to a smaller company that is not located within the U.S.? I understand they will have ties here sooner or later but its a long time away. How come I didn't get a rug?? what are you talking about with this carpet i didn't get one???

Hopefully you got your refund today!

#159 9 years ago

UH oh......it does not sound like TBL will be delivered before Hobbit. You might not have to make a decision on this one. As said, this could be the end of pre-orders.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/5#post-2103707

#160 9 years ago

Definity the Hobbit at this point I think!

#161 9 years ago

Hmmm.... Difficult.

Think would pick the hobbit atm, cause of the theme. But got to see them when they are finished to make a final descision.

#162 9 years ago

Can we do a revote now in light of recent events?

#163 9 years ago

Hobbit all day long and twice tomorrow.

#164 9 years ago

Im pretty much at the brink of getting refunds on Predator, TH and TBL(this one is already in my PayPal account). This preorder stuff and slow communication along with drama and blatant lies is just old.

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Can we do a revote now in light of recent events?

It's funny how quickly that changed.

Hopefully the whole Dutch Pinball situation will eventually clear up for the better, but I guess for now JJP is absolutely ahead.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Im pretty much at the brink of getting refunds on Predator, TH and TBL(this one is already in my PayPal account). This preorder stuff and slow communication along with drama and blatant lies is just old.

I talked with Jack tonight and he said they're starting production next month, with projected shipping in February or March, which he thought was entirely realistic. I wouldn't bail on TH if you're nervous about your money.

#167 9 years ago

Um....hmmm...

#168 9 years ago

I recommend you buy the game from the company that's the most honest.

#171 9 years ago

Exactly. Keep your money for now. Wait and see on what gets released by different manufacturers. Don't let them hold your hard earned money for an indefinite amount of time with potential disappointment possible.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Big Lebowski, better game.

Is that with or without the intellectual property infringements?

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I feel confident knowing what other people are doing. And in this case, I do know what they are doing.

I feel very confident that the ppl who pre-ordered TBL are not very confident.

#174 9 years ago

Sounds like you're past the brink. Time to get out?

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I recommend you buy the game from the company that's the most honest.

Flip a coin

#176 9 years ago

At this point neither TH or TBL

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I feel a friendly wager brewing!

I'm still up for this bet.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sounds like you're past the brink. Time to get out?

Well my deposit for TBL is on hold, as for the Predator I said I'd give till the timeline that Kevin quoted me for my game to be built to decide and as for TH I just don't know. Im disappointed by some of the Hobbit stuff but on the other hand I like some of it so im torn, I guess I just need to see the fully finished machine. First world problems, I know.

#179 9 years ago

I guess I just need to see the fully finished machine

Don't just wait to see it. Wait to *play* it.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Don't just wait to see it. Wait to *play* it.

I won't buy this game for the $1500 higher price tag afterward. So my choice is stick with it and hope it turns out great or bail and never buy it. Trust me, at this point I hate the preorder model but it's the only way I could get a deal on one and make payments which helps me out. I really wish these companies would quit jacking the price up on machines after the preorder deadline.

#181 9 years ago

I won't buy this game for the $1500 higher price tag afterward. So my choice is stick with it and hope it turns out great or bail and never buy it. Trust me, at this point I hate the preorder model but it's the only way I could get a deal on one and make payments which helps me out. I really wish these companies would quit jacking the price up on machines after the preorder deadline.

You could also wait for them to come up for sale on the HUO market, but I realize that would take a lot of time....and patience.

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You could also wait for them to come up for sale on the HUO market, but I realize that would take a lot of time....and patience.

Do you somehow think the game will drop $1500 in value after release? It will drop a bit but not that much unless it is terrible but I want a new in box pin. It's a double edged sword, if everybody decided to wait instead of preorder some of these games wouldn't get made. My incentive is the lower price and payments period but it sucks cause I really do hate the preorder now. Im pretty sure I won't preorder again but I can't promise 100%.

#183 9 years ago

Do you somehow think the game will drop $1500 in value after release? It will drop a bit but not that much unless it is terrible but I want a new in box pin. It's a double edged sword, if everybody decided to wait instead of preorder some of these games wouldn't get made. My incentive is the lower price and payments period but it sucks cause I really do hate the preorder now. Im pretty sure I won't preorder again but I can't promise 100%.

I couldn't really speculate just how much the price could drop because it depends on so many factors. I understand where you are coming from.

#184 9 years ago

I bet 50 Pinside donation that 6 months after they start delivering you can buy one for 1500 less. That price point will take a hit just like the stern Le and wozs have. Too high!!

#185 9 years ago

I was on TBL, still want one but all this new bs has scared me off it.
If the game ever lands in Australia through a distributor than I would be keen again.
Until then no chance. I'm going with a Hobbit, once it lands in Australia and I can buy it. No pre order, no promises.
Lets see which one gets here first.

#186 9 years ago

History has shown that 97% of the time, the game drops and takes a heavy hit after release. Chances are better to get a better deal on the HUO resale market.

#187 9 years ago

These games (especially the inflated SE) will almost surely be $1K less as HUO a year after release. Probably not $1500, but still significant. Plus, and I don't mean to be an obvious dick, but you know you can save money in installments right? Take $150/week, or $600/month, or $1500 every other month over the next year and you have the money for the game. Nobody said you have to give your money to the seller for you to pre-plan a "payment" structure. Just saying...

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

here's the correct answer. Have you played both 50 times or more? If not, you do not have enough information to make the decision. Nobody on this site can make it for you. You might not like either.
I've played 50 games on WOZ.
I've only played 10 games on TBL. I already like the TBL more than WOZ. But I have not played it enough to know if I would want to buy one.

I would play more than 50 games.

#189 9 years ago

I'd go with TBL, for I really like the playfield and have confidence that the rules will turn out great. That said, I think the rules of TH will be great too, and though I did like the TH-playfield (unlike some others here) I like TBL-shots better and I really like the way TBL looks!

I played both, but both only a limited amount of time, so my judgement there is 'just after a few balls/games'..... Both had very simple software when I played it, so there wasn't an advantage for any one of them in the 'software/rules-department'.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-or-the-big-lebowski/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.