Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Sammy31
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

After updating to 1.10, the pop bumpers have been exhibiting weird behavior that wasn't present in 1.01. Essentially, during the game, the bumpers cycle like in a ball search. It doesn't seem to be an issue with them being too sensitive, because if I bang on the playfield they don't fire, and they don't fire during some scripted sequences. But they do fire every 10-15 seconds during normal play, in rapid succession.

Bug in the code? Something wrong with my machine? Anyone else experience this?

#2 7 years ago

Yeah that's not normal, sounds software related since you just noticed it after the 1.10 update. I haven't heard any one else reporting that issue. Hopefully Llyod will have a suggestion.

#3 7 years ago

Do you have the playfield protector installed? The plastic ring on the pop bumper maybe catching on the playfield protector. When the ball rolls over the plastic ring on the pop bumper the plastic ring lowers and sometimes catches on the playfield protector. Mine was catching on my RRWOZ.

#4 7 years ago

No protector. It's just weird because the pops were never really all that sensitive to begin with and now they just cycle over and over. It's loud and annoying.

#5 7 years ago

Only suggestion I have is to reload 1.01, check it to see if problem is gone, and then install 1.10 again.

Use new downloads for both. See if that clears it up.

LTG : )

3 weeks later
#6 7 years ago

Did the issue get resolved ?

5 months later
#7 7 years ago

I'm getting that same thing .. just started. I've lodged a ticket with JJP.. but interested to see if this was resolved?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from chriskuta:

I'm getting that same thing .. just started. I've lodged a ticket with JJP.. but interested to see if this was resolved?

Check the rubber at the back of the pops. Mine partially broke and was doing weird things to the bumpers as that rubber activates a switch that fires the bumpers.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Check the rubber at the back of the pops. Mine partially broke and was doing weird things to the bumpers as that rubber activates a switch that fires the bumpers.

Yep nailed it.. exactly the same problem. That's three rubbers I've had rip now.. anyway all sorted thx!

#10 7 years ago

Yep. The pop bumper hits the rubber.
This is the issue

But of a design issue. The switch the rubber is on activates all 3pops... That's part of the software to try to hit the ball

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yep. The pop bumper hits the rubber.
This is the issue
» YouTube video
But of a design issue. The switch the rubber is on activates all 3pops... That's part of the software to try to hit the ball

So this is a real problem. Anyone have a fix for this? I am putting mine on location in a few months but can't do it if this thing is going to break on me each week!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

So this is a real problem. Anyone have a fix for this? I am putting mine on location in a few months but can't do it if this thing is going to break on me each week!

First I've heard of this issue. I have 900+ plays on mine and haven't had this happen or broken a rubber yet.

#13 7 years ago

The previous owner of my machine put a flipper superband here instead as he said that rubber kept breaking...probably because of this very issues. Since the flipper band is a little thinner I have not seen this be an issue since I've had the machine.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I think its a close alignment thing similar the the trees rubbing/grinding metal on the WOZ.
Some games have trouble others do not. Mine doesnt touch at all.

But there are some really close tolerances on these modern pins, thats for sure.

3 weeks later
#15 7 years ago

those pops ripped my rubber also had to rotate it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-oddity-is-this-normal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.