Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E273B116-2FD2-4B74-9D2F-CB22C98A400A (resized).jpeg
E13A27BA-3513-4F75-81D4-82E11C6B7425 (resized).jpeg
4D492457-2CE5-4190-B0EA-01DEC781CDC5 (resized).jpeg
78418110-D911-4C87-BDEC-31CA741E96BB (resized).jpeg
15E4B93F-97A5-4D47-A1F8-EE39E018DE22 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 22troy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I switched out the power supply on my Hobbit yesterday. Everything is working except for all of the lights are out GI and inserts. I switched the original PS back in and same issue. I checked all of the connectors and fuses. Checked voltages and getting 4v and 7.5v from the auxiliary box next to the PS for the lights. I must have messed something up, but can’t figure it out.

#3 4 years ago

It was rebooting.

#5 4 years ago

Lower cabinet. All the LED boards have the green indicator lights lit. Must be missing something like a communication cable. Reseated the mini usb and the CAT5 cables. Not sure what I’m missing. Hmm

#6 4 years ago

Checked voltages to the first LED board under the playfield and it’s getting 7.5v on violet and 5v on the red wires. Fuse lights are on. Is it a possibility that the power supply I installed messed up the board? It’s like it’s not communicating with the other light boards. The bottom Preciousss Light on the right outlane is locked on green. Also the spotlights are dim and flickering. All other lights are out.

#8 4 years ago

Here are pics of what’s going on. Left outlane (green) Precioussss light stuck on. Spotlights are on. Left bottom spotlight is flickering. All fuses work. Reseated mini USB and cat5 cables. WOZ has a different BAG board system so I can’t test boards from WOZ to Hobbit.
15E4B93F-97A5-4D47-A1F8-EE39E018DE22 (resized).jpeg15E4B93F-97A5-4D47-A1F8-EE39E018DE22 (resized).jpeg78418110-D911-4C87-BDEC-31CA741E96BB (resized).jpeg78418110-D911-4C87-BDEC-31CA741E96BB (resized).jpegE13A27BA-3513-4F75-81D4-82E11C6B7425 (resized).jpegE13A27BA-3513-4F75-81D4-82E11C6B7425 (resized).jpeg4D492457-2CE5-4190-B0EA-01DEC781CDC5 (resized).jpeg4D492457-2CE5-4190-B0EA-01DEC781CDC5 (resized).jpegE273B116-2FD2-4B74-9D2F-CB22C98A400A (resized).jpegE273B116-2FD2-4B74-9D2F-CB22C98A400A (resized).jpeg

#9 4 years ago

Everything else works except for lights. This all happened when I switched out Power Supplies since the first one was resetting. I switched the original one back in to see if the lights would come back, but they don’t. I’m think replacement PS screwed something up maybe the BAG board.

#12 4 years ago

Thank you for your help! Lloyd and I were thinking it’s the BAG board as well. Not sure why since all I did was change the main power supply. The Precioussss light is locked on all the time. In lighting test nothing happens. Hopefully I can get another BAG board. I had to beg JJP to find the correct PS after they sent me the wrong one and since they are out of stock online as well.

#15 4 years ago

Hmm. So Dragon mouth does not work either. Reseated connectors and still doesn’t work and lights are still out.

#18 4 years ago

I just tried that and it didn’t work. I’ll call JJP tomorrow to see if I can get a BAG board. Hopefully that’ll fix my issue. Thanks for everyone’s help!

1 week later
#20 4 years ago

So I received the new BAG board from JJP. Good news is the GI lights are back on and the dragon mouth works again. I’m guessing the power supply I got from them first fried the BAG Board and the 3 other LED boards. The only insert working and locked on is the Precioussss insert on the bottom right side of the playfield. Guess I’ll be ordered the other LED boards next. Unless there is a transistor issue on the I/O board.

3 weeks later
#21 4 years ago

I’ve been talking to JJP tech still about my Hobbit light issues. I got a new BAG board and the GI lights came back, but still no insert lights. I received the 3 Insert RGB LED controller boards that are under the playfield on the L brackets and I still don’t have insert lights. Everything is working except for the insert lights. We cannot figure this out and I’m wondering if it could be anything else that we aren’t thinking of. Maybe mother board? I have a new power supply as well. I’ve got power to all the Insert RGB LED controller boards and the BAG board. Any ideas that you can think of? Lloyd said it must be bad data and to try another BAG board. I’ll call them tomorrow, but wanted to see if I’m missing something.

#22 4 years ago

So I spoke with Eric today at JJP and he told me to check the dip switch settings on all 3 of the new RGB LED controller boards. Sure enough they were all set to off. I adjusted each board and the insert lights are back on! It has come full circle now though since my initial problem was that the game was freezing and resetting. I’m getting new ram for the mother board tomorrow. Hoping that’ll fix the reset issue.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Please keep us informed, this is good info.

Will do! The ram I ordered hasn’t shipped yet. I did some research and I ordered the exact same ram that was in there which is the Patriot 8gb ram. I found a thread where Lloyd was having issues with his Hobbit rebooting after an update 3 years ago. He only had a 4gb ram installed and suggested getting 2 4gb ram boards. He said he didn’t have any rebooting issues after that so I ordered a set of those as well. Probably will get here later this week.

4 weeks later
#25 3 years ago

Just wanted to update everyone. I switched out the ram and it seemed like it helped, but after testing, rebooting was still occurring after it had been on for a couple of hours. I ended up trading it to a friend for an AC/DC Premium with all the knowledge of the issues that I had had with it. I figured the only thing that would fix it would be to replace the motherboard since that’s the only thing I had not done yet. He’s way smarter than me so he took it in and replaced the motherboard along with updating the bios. He bought a refurbished motherboard since JJP doesn’t have any in stock which seems off to me. Ironically I first thought about replacing the motherboard, but JJP Tech and a few other people said it sounded like a power issue and kept telling me it wasn’t the motherboard. Well replacing the power supply (that was defective) led to a whole new collection of problems (which I fixed except for the rebooting). So I guess I should have gone with my gut feeling. I’m a bit disappointed in JJP for charging me for the BAG board and 3 other light boards since they sent me a defective Power Supply. They did discount them, but still seems like bad business. I still have POTC, WOZ and Wonka on location, but will probably steer clear of buying anything else from them in the future since parts seem short handed and since I didn’t have the best experience. It’s a shame because Hobbit was one of my favorite games. Below is what my friend wrote about switching out the motherboard on the Hobbit owners thread.

nlrobert
Pinside member

I wanted to provide a quick update following the motherboard swap. So far the game has not crashed and rebooted a single time. I left it in attract mode all day yesterday and also played multiple games, including a couple really long ones. It was solid as a rock and never crashed once. My fingers are crossed, but it's looking like the motherboard swap fixed it. Looking back on things, I wish I had checked the bios version of the original board. I'm wondering if it was old and if so, I wonder if I had flashed it to a new version if that would have fixed it also. In any case, the new board is working great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 25.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 22troy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-no-gi-or-insert-lights?tu=22troy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.