• Latest reply 4 years ago by ChrisLIX
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TSFH-TH (resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Just wanted to say hello. This is Two Steps From Hell. We are huge pin enthusiasts and collectors. We believed in what JJ was doing to the extent that we wanted to help however we could. It has been a long time in development but the software is the most extensive, ermersive and mind boggling ever seen in a pinball. It will take some of us years to see it all. David Thiel has done a really great job with all the sound design and all the call outs. I believe that we did a great job with the music, which is very much in the Lord Of The Rings realm, but original and made more epic for pinball purposes. That is after all what we do best. And there is a ton of it! There are even a couple songs from our latest album "Battlecry" in the Hobbit. Battlecry was the number 5 soundtrack worldwide for the month of September 2015. I hope everyone will take a good look at this pin. It is groundbreaking in every way and looks like a million bucks. TSFH

#2 8 years ago

Welcome to pinside and thank you for the update.

#3 8 years ago

Welcome to pinside. I love your music and buyed a few albums in the itunes jobs even before I knew you were in for the music on the hobbit game. Can't wait to hear and play mine.
My favourite song is "Norwegian Pirate" that would be the perfect greyjoy song on the GoT pinball game...STERN if you reading this!!!

And your Battlecry album could only be decribed with the word "epic"!!!
Your music is easy to listen to but still very complex cause of so many cool variantations of the motivs it doesn't feel looping always the same thing, so it's often very surprising and never boring! I think it fits pinball cause your music is so good in creating moods and feelings for the listeners. For me your music connects direct to the brain and heart.

#4 8 years ago

Welcome to the site! Thanks for the update. The sound and music for The Hobbit is very impressive. Your group creates great music, I own a couple album's and will be an excellent fit for the pinball machine.

#5 8 years ago

Looking forward entertaining the neighbours with your music!

#6 8 years ago

Very cool that you joined. Thanks for the info and welcome.

#7 8 years ago

I played the hobbit a few times Saturday night. The music is engrossing and powerful and makes you feel just like you are on a quest. It brings out the emotions of the characters, the expediency of the battles and journey, the danger of the dragon, the whimsy of these tough hobbits who are brave yet know when to run away Great stuff!!! Truly a magical experience.

#8 8 years ago

Thanks in advance for contributing to TH! Can't wait to get my LE. It's so cool that you guys also have a passion for pinball. How lucky for us!

#9 8 years ago

I'm a big fan of your work, and I'm really excited to get my Hobbit. The icing on the cake is you are pinball fans.
Looking forward to more of the same in other pins down the road.

#11 8 years ago

You need to add a callout that says: "Hey, you cow, get off the game!"

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from twostepsfromhell:

Just wanted to say hello. This is Two Steps From Hell. We are huge pin enthusiasts and collectors. We believed in what JJ was doing to the extent that we wanted to help however we could. It has been a long time in development but the software is the most extensive, ermersive and mind boggling ever seen in a pinball. It will take some of us years to see it all. David Thiel has done a really great job with all the sound design and all the call outs. I believe that we did a great job with the music, which is very much in the Lord of the Rings realm, but original and made more epic for pinball purposes. That is after all what we do best. And there is a ton of it! There are even a couple songs from our latest album "Battlecry" in the Hobbit. Battlecry was the number 5 soundtrack worldwide for the month of September 2015. I hope everyone will take a good look at this pin. It is groundbreaking in every way and looks like a million bucks. TSFH

For the massive skeptics out there (like me!), I went through Two Steps From Hell website and contacted them to make sure that... well that this was actually Two Steps From Hell... and it is. So welcome to Pinside!

(you know you thought the same, I'm not the only skeptic here )

#13 8 years ago

Now that you're here on the infamous Pinside message boards, I think you can officially change your name to "One Step From Hell."

Welcome!!!

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Now that you're here on the infamous Pinside message boards, I think you can officially change your name to "One Step From Hell."
Welcome!!!

#15 8 years ago

Your work sounds great in The Hobbity so far! I have a machine on preorder so can't wait to hear it in person...

#16 8 years ago

Welcome to Pinside. I played the Hobbit at Expo and your music is epic, greatly appreciate your contribution to this game!

3 years later
#17 4 years ago

Can you tell me what song is used for Into the Fire wizard mode?

Really like that one! Stays in my head! Now I want to listen to it when I’m not playing pinball

#18 4 years ago

Hello Koos,

As a big fan of Two Steps From Hell and as a owner of this amazing game, I couldn't resist few weeks ago to start to work on finding and compiling the official soundtrack that you can hear in the pinball machine: The Hobbit.

I was planning to create a new forum post soon when completed to share all of this to the community then I saw your post this morning asking for one of the song. So I've decided to display the list today as a work in progress list, because I am sure there's still a few missing.

To help the TSFH music lovers, I even created the playlist on Spotify. You can subscribe for free at this playlist and enjoy all the music available in this game. Here's the link: https://open.spotify.com/user/chris%7Blix%7D/playlist/3SYYItUNxugLt9uLQek1SU?si=zV-mLRs5Tf248eC40oN9LQ
If you don't have a Spotify account, you can create one for free, or you can listen all those song on YouTube. Here's the official TSFH page : https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoStepsFromTheMusic

***THE HOBBIT - JERSEY JACK PINBALL - OFFICIAL PLAYLIST*** (WiP)

=====MISCELLANEOUS=====
Attract Mode: Realm of Power (SkyWorld)
End Game: Battle at Hoback (Colin Frake on Fire Mountain)
Beast Franzy: Magnan Imus (Classics Vol.1)
Feast Franzy: *Not TSFH*
Smaug Multiball: Moving Mountains (Invincible)
Smaug Multiball (Victory Laps): Queen of Crows (SkyWorld)

=====SCENES=====
Into the Fire: Across The Blood Water (Battlecry)
Barrel Escape: ???
Battle of Five Armies: Son of War (Classics Vol.1)/Wolf King (Battlecry)

=====MODES=====
A Theaf in the Night: ???
An Unexpected Party: ???
Defeat of Azog: Armada (Classics, Vol. 1)
Demise of Bolg: ???
Dog Oldur : ??? *Really searching for this title as I know it*
Duel in Lake-town: Wolf King (Battlecry)
Escape from Goblin Town: ???
Evil Revealed: Realm of Power (SkyWorld)
Fall of Erebor: ???
Fire and Water: Stormkeeper (Battlecry)
Flashback: Fire Mountain (Colin Frake on Fire Mountain)
Flies & Spiders: ???
Interrogation : Battleborne (Battlecry)
Jailbreak: ???
Mirkwood: ???
Moon Runes: ???
Orc Ambush : ???
Orc Attack: ???
On the Doorstep: ???
Queen Lodging: Norwegian Pirate (Archangel)
Radagast the Brown: Spellcaster (Battlecry)
Rescue Gandalf: ???
Riddles in the Dark: ???
Roast Mutton: ???
Save Kili: ???
Stone Giants: ???
The Bait: Nero (Archangel)
The contract: Red Tower (Battlecry)
The gathering of the Clouds: Wolf King (Battlecry)
The Resurgence of Sauron: *Not TSFH*
The One Ring: *Not TSFH*
There and back again: ???

So if any members want to help me to find the ones I am missing, I'll accept with pleasure. IMO, a lot of unknown song aren't probably from Two Steps of the Hell, that could explain why I have difficult to find the title.

Enjoy

TSFH-TH (resized).jpgTSFH-TH (resized).jpg Added over 5 years ago:

Barrel Escape : Ride With The Saracen (Classics Vol.2)

#19 4 years ago

Thanks Chris!! You’ve spend a lot of time already finding these songs!

You can add the Hobbit theme you hear when you first plunge the ball.

#20 4 years ago

You are welcome
And yes I know for the Hobbit song but it's a custom song so not available anywhere.

#21 4 years ago

Anyone with updated sound settings/ values for the game under the latest software version, thanks.

4 months later
#22 4 years ago

List updated : Barrel Escape

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-music-and-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.