Hobbit, multiple problems after transport

By pregolavazza

11 months ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

Hi guys,

I bought a Hobbit pinball machine. To get this into the basement, we had to dismantle the playfield. Unfortunately, we probably did something wrong when plugging in the connectors.

After a short play (by a beginner), he gets pretty fast multiballs and also the orcs go up very quickly. The bumpers also trigger without a ball hitting them. Also I sometimes have a second ball in the shooterlane. It looks as if the control is no longer in order. The pinball does not show any errors in the test menu. I still have a Dialed in! pinball. Can I swap the big PCB of it with the one of the Hobbit to see if it is because of that? Or are there game specific parts included?
I added a video, which shows a part of the problem. It gets worse, the longer you play.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zm0i8b08rtob695/AAARZ4tU5HlYRcJhnPETjjvva?dl=0

Thanks in advance, kind regards from germany

#3 11 months ago

Doesn't do JJP anymore!

Don't blame him , crappy way to treat a helpful person.

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Doesn't do JJP anymore!

Don't blame him , crappy way to treat a helpful person.

Here let a Chicago Gaming Tech help you. Remember us for your next game.

Quoted from pregolavazza:

Unfortunately, we probably did something wrong when plugging in the connectors.

Page D-96 in the manual has the I/O board pinouts. Easy to go over that board and check that every connector is facing the right direction and on the right spot.

You can download the manual from here if you need it - https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/th/Hobbit_Manual%203_4%20November%202018.pdf

Can I swap the big PCB of it with the one of the Hobbit to see if it is because of that?

I wouldn't do that, problem isn't there. You could take the metal cover off of the big box on the floor with all the boards. Go over it carefully to be sure nothing is gotten on a board or under it and shorting things out. Take a quick look around the playfield on top and underneath, especially along the edges, look for anything shorting switches to metal or coil lugs or lamp boards.

After a short play (by a beginner), he gets pretty fast multiballs and also the orcs go up very quickly. The bumpers also trigger without a ball hitting them.

I'd start with going into Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Bang on the playfield with your hand in different areas. Any switch reporting on the screen needs adjusting.

Should be an easy fix or two. You just need to sort out where it is.

LTG : )

#5 11 months ago

Thanks for your tips. Unfortunately, it's not that simple. We did check all the cables, of course. I should have mentioned that in the process we found that two of the three opto boards on J1 were broken, as was the opto receiver board on the 5-Ball through

I put a video in the dropbox again. When I did the switch test I noticed that on the rollovers and on the standup targets behind Dwarf several switches "light up" in parallel, is this normal?

Also the switches 66, 70 and 71 do not work (All Column 9 J202).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-multiple-problems-after-transport and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.