hobbit_gold_flipper_topper_(3)_(resized).JPG
hobbit_gold_flipper_topper_(2)_(resized).JPG
hobbit_gold_flipper_topper_(1)_(resized).JPG
smaug_001_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

Hoping to get the call in the very near future...

In the meantime, where are all the Hobbit mods? Topper? Anything? I need something to tide me over...

So far, I've got lighted flipper buttons (yellow) and that's it. Really hoping for a bad-assed topper and other cool bits. Also going to check out the gameblades / pinblades.

#2 7 years ago

I know me too!! Doesn't seem to be much. I thought some lighted storm Giants. , really needs more lighting on Smaug too.

#3 7 years ago

Isn't there a rumor about a topper coming from JJP?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

I'm still hoping for a Bag End topper.

#5 7 years ago

I don't want a topper - I want a game void of as many issues as they can correct.

#6 7 years ago

I have a Hobbit in my gameroom. After a few very minor adjustments it plays perfectly.

#7 7 years ago

I'd like to see Back Alley mod the flippers so that the tops are covered in gold/gold coins like the pile in front of Smaug.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

In the meantime, where are all the Hobbit mods? Topper? Anything? I need something to tide me over...
So far, I've got lighted flipper buttons (yellow) and that's it. Really hoping for a bad-assed topper and other cool bits. Also going to check out the gameblades / pinblades.

Lighted flipper buttons use a 12v source. What source in TH did you use?

#9 7 years ago

I am making a nice topper for the Hobbit. Stay tuned folks.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I am making a nice topper for the Hobbit. Stay tuned folks.

Sweet. I'm also working on the Bag End area to beef it up.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

I have a Hobbit in my gameroom. After a few very minor adjustments it plays perfectly.

Whoa. Even though you've been here for ten years, that's the first time I've noticed you. It was your avatar that caught my eye. Go Sonics.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Whoa. Even though you've been here for ten years, that's the first time I've noticed you. It was your avatar that caught my eye. Go Sonics.

I don't post a ton, but yes... we need the Sonics back in Seattle! Hopefully one of these years we'll get a professional hockey and nba team in Seattle. Our market can definitely support it.

How about a color changing shooter rod that mimics the ring color?

#14 7 years ago

Jeff Busch is designing a topper for me right now. Jeff worked on Hobbit...stay tuned.

#15 7 years ago

Ive been working on the original hobbit home I had designed during game design.
I contracted someone to make the mold for me but it hasn't come through yet. The plan was to do the original topper that I submitted to jack for the game.

#16 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#17 7 years ago

Our up and down external game volume controls are already on my site for hobbit.
Pinnovators.com

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Don't have my TH yet so I don't know where I'll get power. Worst case scenario, I'll use an independent power supply.

Most excited for toppers! Bring 'em!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Dunno. One would think they would do something - Gotta strike while the iron's hot!

#20 7 years ago

Will the door be interactive?!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Will the door be interactive?!

No it would remain closed or half open...

Quoted from dtowndobe:

Don't have my TH yet so I don't know where I'll get power. Worst case scenario, I'll use an independent power supply.
Most excited for toppers! Bring 'em!

The hole for the power wire and mounts from the woz topper are still in the hobbit heads

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

No it would remain closed or half open...

The hole for the power wire and mounts from the woz topper are still in the hobbit heads

Gotcha. Shouldn't be a problem to get a power source then!

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

I'd like to see Back Alley mod the flippers so that the tops are covered in gold/gold coins like the pile in front of Smaug.

Ask and ye shall receive!!! I had thought about this a while ago and I am going to do it. I will make it tonight and have pics of it ready tomorrow evening. I will also send you a set for free for the reminder.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

I've got my amber Leg Light-Ups for sale that would look bad ass on all 4 legs of your games legs and beatmasters amber shooter housing light up would finish off the kick ass look.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Ask and ye shall receive!!! I had thought about this a while ago and I am going to do it. I will make it tonight and have pics of it ready tomorrow evening. I will also send you a set for free for the reminder.

I'm in for a set. Sounds like a great idea.

#27 7 years ago

Photo of my Hobbit topper to be installed when game shipped. I will LED it's base.

smaug_001_(resized).JPGsmaug_001_(resized).JPG

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Photo of my Hobbit topper to be installed when game shipped. I will LED it's base.

Wow looks great

#29 7 years ago

As promised, just out the paint booth.

hobbit_gold_flipper_topper_(1)_(resized).JPGhobbit_gold_flipper_topper_(1)_(resized).JPG

hobbit_gold_flipper_topper_(2)_(resized).JPGhobbit_gold_flipper_topper_(2)_(resized).JPG

hobbit_gold_flipper_topper_(3)_(resized).JPGhobbit_gold_flipper_topper_(3)_(resized).JPG

hobbit_gold_flipper_topper_(4)_(resized).JPGhobbit_gold_flipper_topper_(4)_(resized).JPG

#30 7 years ago

Hey Matt, looks great! Can you send those to jjp and have them installed on my machine being assembled soon. Thanks!

#31 7 years ago

Matt. Take my money !

#32 7 years ago

You sir are the MAN!!! Much Appreciated!!

#33 7 years ago

Please name these "money shot flippers"

#34 7 years ago

Unbelievable work Matt! No doubt something I will want to add.

Do you think these will hold up well during play? Your work is top quality, but those have very fine detail on the coins ... and it is a flipper.

#35 7 years ago

Wow, those look awesome. I wonder how they would look with green flipper bands?

#37 7 years ago

Flippers come across a little barren and in need of something to be finished. Could you add Smaug's eyeball peering from beneath the pile of coins or something?

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Flippers come across a little barren and in need of something to be finished. Could you add Smaug's eyeball peering from beneath the pile of coins or something?

Neat idea... and maybe the glint of a half buried arkenstone on the opposite one.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

I install a separate 12v 5A power supply on all of my Stern & JJP games to power my aftermarket LED mods. I buy them in lots of 10 on eBay for $62.00 ($6.20ea). For the new Stern Spark, I use the 110v DBA cord to fuel the 12v power supply, then mount it at the bottom of the cabinet to the right of the speaker. On JJP, I just tap into the extensive 110v wiring located on the right of the main board box in the bottom of the cabinet.

#40 7 years ago

Your topper could also be used on LOTR.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I install a separate 12v 5A power supply on all of my Stern & JJP games to power my aftermarket LED mods. I buy them in lots of 10 on eBay for $62.00 ($6.20ea). For the new Stern Spark, I use the 110v DBA cord to fuel the 12v power supply, then mount it at the bottom of the cabinet to the right of the speaker. On JJP, I just tap into the extensive 110v wiring located on the right of the main board box in the bottom of the cabinet.

On eBay, there are many 12v 5A power supplies to choose from. Which one? Can you hook up the power supply to a Pinballlife 8 way 5v12v splitter? I'm not an electrical genius! I want a complete external power supply so TH warranty isn't voided, i.e., the 12v 5A power supply is plugged into an external wall outlet and it's lead is connected to power the 8 way 5v12v splitter. Does this make any sense?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

On eBay, there are many 12v 5A power supplies to choose from. Which one? Can you hook up the power supply to a Pinballlife 8 way 5v12v splitter? I'm not an electrical genius! I want a complete external power supply so TH warranty isn't voided, i.e., the 12v 5A power supply is plugged into an external wall outlet and it's lead is connected to power the 8 way 5v12v splitter. Does this make any sense?

The mods I plan to install are lighted flipper buttons (12v), lighted leg protectors (5v), lighted shooter rod housing (12v), under cabinet lighting (12v), lighted back box speaker panels (12v), lighted flashing shooter rod (12v), and either 5v or 12v spotlights/LED strips for my smaug topper.

#43 7 years ago

When will these be for sale? I must have two pair!!! TAKE MY MONEY! I don't think I would add Smaug's eye nor the Arkenstone to the flipper gold piles. If anything, I would add other trinkets to match the move. Regardless, I'm perfectly content to buy them as they stand now!

Would you please post an Fleabay link? That's a very smart thing to do! Thanks! My LOTR has a bunch of mods and I'd like to power them on a separate supply - your idea is perfect!

Another idea maybe, for a mod... I think the yellow flasher in the gold pile under Smaug is supposed to be the Arkenstone, no? Could something be made or used to make it look like the Arkenstone in the movie (blue I think)? Maybe HOOKED (aren't they doing the Tesseract mod?) could make something more movie-realistic...

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Another idea maybe, for a mod... I think the yellow flasher in the gold pile under Smaug is supposed to be the Arkenstone, no? Could something be made or used to make it look like the Arkenstone in the movie (blue I think)? Maybe HOOKED (aren't they doing the Tesseract mod?) could make something more movie-realist

I don't think it was supposed to be the Arkenstone, but I like where you are going. Should it be a white flasher - rather than blue?

#45 7 years ago

For each 12v LED mod, do you have to have a separate 12v 5A power supply, or can you run multiple 12v leads from a single power supply? For my 5v mods (e.g., using 555 LED bulbs or 6.3 v LED strips from commetpinball), I'll need a separate 5v power supply. What "A" do I purchase: 3A, 6A, etc. ? Would it be possible to have a 110v power cord to fuel the 12v power supply and have it power the 8 way Pinballlife splitter? You would have 8 Molex connections for 12v LED mods. You could then do the same with a separate 5v system.

#46 7 years ago

The 12v power supply that I've been using for the last couple of years is eBay item number: 181719390201

Just select the type & quantity. I use the 12v/5A and purchase in quantities of 10.

Quoted from docdeath:

Would it be possible to have a 110v power cord to fuel the 12v power supply and have it power the 8 way Pinballlife splitter?

This power supply will handle multiple 12v mods, so yes, you can hook up the 8 way splitter.

I don't operate 5v mods, so I haven't really researched it. Two options: Purchase a separate 5v power supply, and run off of that. Or purchase a standard arcade SMPS that has 5v & 12v, such as: eBay item number: 121795917592

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don't think it was supposed to be the Arkenstone, but I like where you are going. Should it be a white flasher - rather than blue?

Dunno - I *thought* the Arkenstone was kinda bluish/white with a nebulous sort of glow. I'll have to watch the movie again to refresh my memory. Would be neat to have that flasher be a unique aspect - it's ripe for modding!!!

The 12v power supply that I've been using for the last couple of years is eBay item number: 181719390201
Just select the type & quantity. I use the 12v/5A and purchase in quantities of 10.

This power supply will handle multiple 12v mods, so yes, you can hook up the 8 way splitter.
I don't operate 5v mods, so I haven't really researched it. Two options: Purchase a separate 5v power supply, and run off of that. Or purchase a standard arcade SMPS that has 5v & 12v, such as: eBay item number: 121795917592

Thanks for the info!!!

#48 7 years ago

I emailed Paul, the vender for eBay item #121795917592: New Arcade Power Supply 16A + 5v + 12v and -5v, inquiring about multiple 5v and12v leads from the unit for external TH 12v & 5v mods. From that unit, I plan to power an 8-way 5v/12v Pinballlife splitter board. I asked Paul is that's OK/safe. His response: "It depends on the amperage your mods pull but generally gi type led bulb is only going to pull maybe 40mA. 25 bulbs = 1 Amp. You should not have any problem at all running 8 different led mods. The thicker 18ga wire will also reduce resistance in the wire. The -5vdc site on the unit is usually only used on video games with separate sound boards."

It looks like the same goes for the eBay item # 181719390201, the 12v only power supply.

It looks like I'm good to go with my TH mods using an external power source without fear of voiding JJP's warranty!

2 months later
#49 7 years ago

Very nice Gold cover pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hardware
Pinball Haven

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.50
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-mods-im-way-too-anxious and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.