Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
DSC00061_(resized).JPG
DSC00060_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi guys, I just got my hobbit the other day and after 10 or so games it powered off, and won't power back on. I verified that I have power to the service power thing above the on off switch. I tried reseating the ram. I traces a cable back from the power supply and see it is not
Plugged into anything. Is this wire supposed to connect to something?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Wow I should edit for grammar but meh, I am to tired, sorry for poor grammar.

#3 7 years ago

Woz has a reset button on pc not sure if hobbit has one. But same symptoms, won't power on, reset button fixes.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks, I will looks for it!!

#5 7 years ago

Black, White & Green. Hmm.....

#6 7 years ago

Don't see a reset switch yet. The power supply fan won't even spin up.

#7 7 years ago

Hardly an expert here, but I would track this loose wire back to your on/off switch. It appears to have the attributes of an AC supply connector.

#8 7 years ago

Unplug your machine. Right side of the huge metal box with the boards is that connector which then feeds into the front of the big metal box with the boards. After you connect it, then plug your machine back in.

LTG : )

DSC00060_(resized).JPGDSC00060_(resized).JPG
DSC00061_(resized).JPGDSC00061_(resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago

My hobbits not here but is the power supply like WOZ? I had what sounds like the same thing happen on WOZ one time and this fixed it...But I think it happened from my kids turning it on and off to quickly...

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#10 7 years ago

That end looks good, it is the other end of that cable that is not plugged into anything.

Perhaps by design and my power supply went dead? But the service box still has power. I am still confused. Also sorry for living in the boonies where my phone sometimes works ?

#11 7 years ago

If the PC inside has no power (CPU fan does not start, etc) either (1) the PC is not receiving power (check that there is actually voltage coming into it; careful, that's line current and can kill; one hand in your back pocket ALWAYS when working on live high-power circuits), (2) the power-on pin is not connected (check the connectors coming from the power supply to the PC board -- unplugged first; never potentially hot-plug a PC motherboard!) and if (1) and (2) check out odds are the power supply itself is dead. They DO fail and the most-likely failures are infant-mortality (first 50 hours or so of use) and then a few years later, usually after the fan fails first and they cook.

Modern PC-style power supplies have an "enable" input; you can try jumping it (referenced before) but if the enable input is missing then it's not coming from the motherboard and the problem will come back again -- the board in that case likely needs to be replaced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-lost-power and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.