• Latest reply 11 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oz_clickme.gif
WOZ_Pic.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

On the WOZ forum Jack is taking ideas from everyone and is compiling a list of most wanted features for the Hobbit, and also taking any/all ideas. He says he may incorporate some of the better ideas - when is the last time you heard something like that?

Well its what Jpop has done from day 1....sounds like JJ is taking a page out of his book, a smart move on his part...

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

He didn't listen to us, he just heard all the wallets closing.

If he "heard the wallets closing" then presumably he "listened" to all the whiners!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

i'm not a hater, as i have a WOZ on order, but i can't believe anyone would put money on another game when he's years late on WOZ.

Well many people have the ability to put A to B and use common sense and just look at things differently...

As for Jpop, the project from day 1 was always set for personal attention, interaction, input, etc....and with 124 people it was a very smart move on his part and a cool way to get involved from day 1......I wouldn't count on Stern ever changing but who knows...

#22 11 years ago

Poor Jack....he will never be able to win with the whiny crowd no matter what he does....look at Stern, same thing....its hilarious!

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

maybe he shouldn't miss shipping dates. in my business, if i miss the shipping date, i lose the sale and probably possible referrals, repeat business and a reputation.

so don't "poor jack" us. he's doing just fine with this whiny crowd.

Well he did so quit crying about it and don't buy the pin.....this isn't your business

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If he truly listened. He would give the ones who bought in $1000 back and lower the price to $6500. If he did that. I know he'd get a minimum of 50% more sales. Around here, it would be 80%.

At 1500 "Limited (laughable) Edition". He is going to have a very hard time selling that many games at that price point. That is a whole production run or more of a lot of games. Even at a $6500 price point. I think he's going to have a shitload left over. Double that for his $7500 price point. Least Jack is making an effort in the direction he should be going. I think he's realizing he's pushing the envelope a little to much.

Sounds like have all the answers for a pinball company....why don't you go start your own....

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I drank some of iceman's WOZ koolaid, and put my deposit down on The Hobbit today. Will be my first NIB game...gonna be a lonnnggg wait...hah I'm excited though...

I don't want to get in a fight about it, I agree it's stupid expensive...but I don't care....it will be mine...my precious...haha lame joke sorry

Way to go Tom!.....Good choice, it will be exciting....

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I've spoken to the man, I've been to the factory and I've played the machine. (it's pretty darn cool) Let's just enjoy more and bitch less....

Yes Ted, more enjoy and less crybaby whining!....

If you guys want to make yourself miserable and whine about it all day, knock yourselves out....you are still whiners!

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

I just read all this for the first time. The part that sticks out is that we are upset that Jack is not raising the price. Wha?

That's what I'm talking about... a good announcement and still whining and crying no matter what....hey, whatever.......

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm afraid that the people who think that WoZ is somehow going to bring location pinball back from life support into a thriving business will be very disappointed.

Let's give it a chance and see what happens....I don't think its going to generate a pinball revival amongst the youth but it can't hurt and with my kids at least, they are loving the LCD videos and think its really cool....so we'll see...

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I think that something really needs to be done to those that have stuck it out. Although i think that it should be something more like no next payment until we recieve the woz that we paid for. Im really not happy about the check i hvae to write this week when all the incentives are really gone. With those of us that have paid for our WOZ and the hobbit deposit. I really think that it is unfair that right now others can still get the same deal that we got, and an extension on it as well.

That's an excellent point...let's see what he comes up with...

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

If Predator turns out to be a quality game that's fun to play at a price point of 5K, then that's the benchmark I'll be using when I look for a NIB. Unless of course my dream theme comes to life. That's when all bets are off.

I'd like to see that too on Predator...what's the dream theme?

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

An Elvira/Haunted House combination. That particular theme could probably get me to plunk down nearly 5 figures for a game, as long as Nordman and Freres are a part of the design team.

I'm thinking that's JJ number 3 possibly.....I'm all over anything Haunted House/Monster/Zombie/Vampire related....

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You think Jack is gonna do anything other than Family Oriented?

Well Ted...I'm sitting here watching the first season of "Walking Dead" with my family and they love it!.....I know that's terrible as a parent but hey you can't shelter them forever....Maybe a Haunted House/Ghostbusters theme?

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from theBRAIN:

pay now and cross your fingers to support the manufacturers in making more money than they actually need to and eventually your game will come.

Consumer has a choice with JJP.....

1) Pay as you go.....

2) Pay when its done, after you've played it......

If you don't like either choice then you get to purchase something else...

And in case you haven't read the "Stern Quality Control" thread, go take a look, some of us will pay more for MUCH greater quality that lasts.....

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

I'm not disputing that but declaring it's "quality that lasts" is something else.

I should have said "quality that SHOULD translate into a longer lasting and better playing experience"....we obviously don't know it yet for sure, but I'm feelin good about it

#171 11 years ago

Here is my "critical thinking"........

I love the LCD, lighting system, toys, unlimited ruleset, etc.............

If anybody else thinks they can do it better than JJ, Stern, Jpop or whomever then go start your own pinball company and see how easy it is!

Don't like it...don't buy it....that simple...

#187 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Plus, this subject bothers me for the fact that I was all set to buy hobbit. I knew Jack had the Hobbit license for over a year now. I was ready to go in. Up until. He revealed he increased the price $1000. Then he lost me and pissed me off.

So you aren't getting TH.....

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just wanted to say I have NO beef with the JJP model. They can run it any way they want. I am just stating an opinion of what would get me to plop down a non-refundable deposit now.

The beauty of the "model" is that you don't have to put down a deposit...you can wait and buy it when it is actually complete....either/or

#264 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

still seems to sell at close to $5k.

Eric has one on pinside, an autobots le, for 4700 and no takers yet....

Got to play it in Breckenridge last year, next to lotr and SM, looked awesome, played awful...came home and bought SM!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-le-staying-750000-no-increase-on-the-15th?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.