• Latest reply 11 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oz_clickme.gif
WOZ_Pic.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 11 years ago

If he truly listened. He would give the ones who bought in $1000 back and lower the price to $6500. If he did that. I know he'd get a minimum of 50% more sales. Around here, it would be 80%.

At 1500 "Limited (laughable) Edition". He is going to have a very hard time selling that many games at that price point. That is a whole production run or more of a lot of games. Even at a $6500 price point. I think he's going to have a shitload left over. Double that for his $7500 price point. Least Jack is making an effort in the direction he should be going. I think he's realizing he's pushing the envelope a little to much.

#29 11 years ago

why can't he discount the game? Nobody is paid in full, and if they are. Cut a check back to them. not difficult. The 8 people that actually bought one, isn't going to be difficult to sort out.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sounds like have all the answers for a pinball company....why don't you go start your own....

because it's not a smart move. Pinball is hot right now, but it won't last. Invest shitloads of money in, and you'll end up losing your ass. If you have tons of money, Starting a pinball company from scratch is not a good idea. The market is too saturated right now. Least 7 people are making a production game right now. Think about it.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sheesh, I'm reading this and some of the other threads. What the hell is wrong with some of you people. We should be thrilled there are multiple Pinball Companies out there and do everything we can to support them. Do you think Jack really is trying to screw anyone? Do you think he is not committed to making the best Pinball Machine he can? Do you think he is not shipping for any reason than it not being up to his high standards. Do you think he likes pushing the date?
I hope ALL the machines turn out great...Jack, Stern, the Skitsters, Jpop, Spooky, Heighway, Nemo and whoever else throws their hat into the ring.

Jacks not trying to screw anyone. He's trying to get as much money as he can out of each game. Which is good business sense. It's the ones that go along with the outrageous prices, that feed the machine. Business side of things. Jack should charge as much as people are willing to pay. But to a point. if he's only getting 5% of the sales because he jacked it up to much, then that's a bad move. 1000 LE"s are sold to distributers. No telling how many distributers are still stuck with and will be by the end of 2014. There are plenty to go around for every person that buys NIB. No risk running out on this one.

#52 11 years ago

We are still pinball people at heart. It's not that revolutionary to have a fancy color display. Most of us hardly look at the display. Playfield is not revolutionary at all. Same stuff we've always had. Just color changing LED's. P2k changed the way pinball could be designed and played. P3 is new and changes things. That's revolutionary.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

And you know all this because you are Jack? Give us a break, and sell your kook aid somewhere else.

It's not hard to figure it out. Put your wallet away for a second and sit back and really look at the things that have been going on the past year and a half. It's not rocket science.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Welcome to RGP.

nah, if this was RGP, there would actually be a tech question in the top 30 active posts. )

#156 11 years ago

Since when did preordering become the normal? Couple years ago, maybe 1% would preorder. Only ones that would buy a game without playing it were ops. Once the game was on location, could play the test games out there. That's when people would decide to place their order. Preorder is not normal. Except on this site it seems. 80% of you seem to preorder before even seeing a playfield. Throwing around money that loosely and freely is going to cause mass disappointments. That's not the way it used to work. No wonder Sterns can throw out games with half finished code. You guys arn't forcing their hand to have a complete product. You've already purchased before the game is even half way done being developed.

And those of you that say "no price increase and your bitching". Your looking at it the wrong way. If we were unhappy and not buying at $7500 (which is already increased $1000). Why would the price STAYING at $7500 for longer make us happy? It shouldn't be $7500 in the first place. Bring it back to WOZ level and more of us will consider it. I bet 50% more.

#178 11 years ago

Well if your not buying and you remain silent. Nothing will be changed. Only way they know why your not buying is if you say something. They read these boards. If sales are way down, and people speak up why they refuse to buy. They can do things to change that. Seems like many on here are also on board with TH staying the same release price as WOZ.

#183 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Why do you have to keep coming back here? You have a lot of balls complaining about JJP after asking some of the prices you did for your collection.

Yea, but I didn't want to sell my collection. That was my personal collection and really wasn't for sale, but for those prices I couldn't say no. Jack is TRYING to sell games. Plus I like to see what everyone else's opinion is on the subject. Seems like there are many in the same group as I am.

Plus, this subject bothers me for the fact that I was all set to buy hobbit. I knew Jack had the Hobbit license for over a year now. I was ready to go in. Up until. He revealed he increased the price $1000. Then he lost me and pissed me off.

#185 11 years ago

that's right $6500 for early. You don't think 2 years is early enough? Where the hell is the $6500 early bird special this time around? Since he already released his first game in the highest price point for a NIB game to date. Figured, that he wouldn't dare raise it even more. But low and behold, he did. 12% at that. Damn I wish I got raises 12% every year. Already at the top price point, and for his loyal and faithful customers, I give you ONLY a 12% increase. That's right...ONLY 12% price increase. Thank you for your patronage in JJP and thank you for order before knowing anything about the game and seeing any pictures. Thank you....Drive thru.

#189 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So you aren't getting TH.....

yea. Basically. I'm holding out. With 1500 LE's. I'll just wait until distributers need to unload them and drop them to the $6500 or less price point. Then i'll get one. Or if Jack is not getting enough sales and lowers the prebook price. Otherwise, nope.

#221 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Just because JJP set the price doesn't mean Stern had to follow.
Remember when Jack said he was going to do decals and then all the sudden Stern was doing decals.
If people want to overpay for their Stern games, let them. If people want incomplete games that never get finished let them buy them. I have learned my lesson and so will others.
We will see how JJP does with WOZ.

The problem is. Seems many don't learn there lesson. People keep suckering for the same stuff and will pay whatever to do so. We won't see change at this rate.

And if you guys don't think Jack is making 2k profit minimum off each game. You are fooling yourselves. Buying parts and stuff. Right now he's buying for 4 or 5 of his next games. Not just this one. His inventory will be set for awhile on all the main components. Better pricing that way, and you know your going to need it. Hence why the following games should be least the same price as first one was. Since the first is always your most expensive to make.

I don't blame JJP or Sterns for doing what they do. The Lemmings have allowed it.

#225 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yes, it does.
You were going to sell your MM in the next few months. It's restored, as close to perfect as you can imagine. You were going to ask $10k for it.
Then you see that people are paying $15k for them. Sometimes even more.
Are you still going to sell yours for $10k?

Yup. Jack has shown that many pinball collectors are more than willing to pay double of what the going rare for NIB was. If Sterns wants to be the cheaper alternative. They don't have to be half as much, only couple $100. Tho, if they did keep the price back down close to where it used to be. I know they would sell twice as many as JJP. Can't tell me OPS can afford to put a $6500-8000 pin on route and make money on it. THey were struggling before at the $3400 shipped to your door price.

#230 11 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

I stopped for gas on the way home last night, and the station I pulled in at had premium for $4.40/ gallon! I kept driving and found it for $4.25 at the next station, luckily before I ran out.
All set....discuss!

Up here it's 3.66. Everything in IL is overpriced.

#248 11 years ago

even on that preorder. I bet the value of it dropped as soon as you drove it off the lot. If you want to look at pins like new cars. NIB is worth half as soon as you open the box. That's the way it used to be in the pin universe. Not quite half, but you were losing money once the game was pulled out and you cut the binding strap.

#267 11 years ago

Transformers LE was $5600 NIB if you knew where to buy from. Retail was higher. Why should anyone be bummed if the game they own and like loses value? Who the hell cares? If you like the game, so what. Value means nothing until your looking to sell. Or (in my case) it becomes so valuable, that you can't refuse the offers to sell.

If you start looking at pinball as an investment, your looking at it the wrong way. Espeically for NIB. Which 92% of the time means a loss. LE's have a little higher ratio to this, because they are designed to be more collectable sooner. But even that formula doesn't always work. RS LE, Avatar LE, TF LE. Striker Extreme LE. Ect....

#274 11 years ago

I didn't think hobbit was bad at all. I enjoyed it. Had issues with 2 parts on how they did speech and dialogue. But it's minor and didn't ruin the whole movie for me. But I love the LOTR universe, So I can let a little more things slide.

#281 11 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Dear Lord ... does anyone els not think that $7500 for a Pinball game is a little outta control??

Yes $7500 is crazy money for most if not all games. Rare exception would be something awesome that there are only 1 or 2 of. If you sit back and think how many other great titles you can buy for that $7500, and you use it for one NIB. It is crazy in the grand scheme of things. You could buy 5 other games. 5 games are always going to have more replay value and fun over 1 game. Every time. No matter what the game is. If you play it often enough, it's going to get boring and your going to want some variety.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-le-staying-750000-no-increase-on-the-15th?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.