New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 39602)

HOBBIT LE Staying @ 7500.00, No Increase On The 15th

By Jamaster10

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 293 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

oz_clickme.gif
WOZ_Pic.jpg

There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 7 years ago

I figured i would post this, that there will be no price increase on the hobbit le's @ this point and time
To all, this is straight from the horses mouth over the week end.
I will say this though these are selling out very fast from what i understand.
ive sold quite a few my self as well.
As always stop in when your passing through Indiana and Play Oz.
Have a great day and happy flippin.
Pincades
Chicagoland JJP Dist.
JT

Post edited by SealClubber : Caps

#2 7 years ago

That is good.

The conclusion I come to is that people must be voting with their wallets and JJP is starting to listen?

#3 7 years ago

Even haters need to admit JJP DOES listen. I see no reason for him to do this but he cares about perception clearly. (Unlike some other company)

On the WOZ forum Jack is taking ideas from everyone and is compiling a list of most wanted features for the Hobbit, and also taking any/all ideas. He says he may incorporate some of the better ideas - when is the last time you heard something like that?

I really hope these games are great - Jack certainly deserves to succeed and we deserve it also.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Even haters need to admit JJP DOES listen. I see no reason for him to do this but he cares about perception clearly. (Unlike some other company)
On the WOZ forum Jack is taking ideas from everyone and is compiling a list of most wanted features for the Hobbit, and also taking any/all ideas. He says he may incorporate some of the better ideas - when is the last time you heard something like that?
I really hope these games are great - Jack certainly deserves to succeed and we deserve it also.

He didn't listen to us, he just heard all the wallets closing.

#5 7 years ago

At the very least should either have woz delivered or show prototype Hobbit before he raises the price.

Also limited edition 1500 is a lot if he wants to pre sell should have 300 LE or so and people will think it'll be rare. As we have seen with XM 500 LE any yet they are for sale every day so they are not really limited enough.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

He says he may incorporate some of the better ideas - when is the last time you heard something like that?

Predator??? They have been taking feedback since day 1.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Uh, JPOP already been doing this. Nothing new.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Predator??? They have been taking feedback since day 1.

Quoted from pinstor12:

Uh, JPOP already been doing this. Nothing new.

Really? Ok, i stand corrected.. still, they are not attempting something on the scale of JJP (or companies before them like Stern, Williams, Bally, Gottlieb) going forward as a business or are they?

Quoted from PW79:

If true, he still is listening.

#9 7 years ago

What about the guys who got in early, thinking they were saving $500? Do the guys who got in early, showing faith, still get $500 off, now maybe only 7k?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Well its what Jpop has done from day 1....sounds like JJ is taking a page out of his book, a smart move on his part...

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If he "heard the wallets closing" then presumably he "listened" to all the whiners!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If he "heard the wallets closing" then presumably he "listened" to all the whiners!

people speak with their credit cards. clearly the sales have slowed. if they were flooding in, he'd raise the price. after all, he is a businessman.

#13 7 years ago

Considering Jpop is making very limited quantities and is charging a hell of a lot more, I'd HOPE he's listening!

More impressive would be if Stern learns to start listening (and I'm talking BEFORE deficiencies are exposed).

Quoted from SilverBallz:

people speak with their credit cards. clearly the sales have slowed. if they were flooding in, he'd raise the price. after all, he is a businessman.

Or, maybe, enough customers said they felt they should be able to see WOZ before losing out on the preorder discount, and he decided to listen. I mean when the JJP Invisiglass logo issue happened, only a company greedy for money and uncaring about any sort of customer service would give out free replacement sheets of glass.

Oh, wait...

#14 7 years ago

i'm not a hater, as i have a WOZ on order, but i can't believe anyone would put money on another game when he's years late on WOZ.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

i'm not a hater, as i have a WOZ on order, but i can't believe anyone would put money on another game when he's years late on WOZ.

Well many people have the ability to put A to B and use common sense and just look at things differently...

As for Jpop, the project from day 1 was always set for personal attention, interaction, input, etc....and with 124 people it was a very smart move on his part and a cool way to get involved from day 1......I wouldn't count on Stern ever changing but who knows...

#16 7 years ago

As a business person he would be stupid not to take advantage of this unsolicited feedback. What he does with the information is totally up to him.

Todd

#17 7 years ago

This is good that the price won't be higher, and JPP got what they wanted. They created urgency by announcing a future price increase and many people preordered already just for that reason.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

This is good that the price won't be higher, and JPP got what they wanted. They created urgency by announcing a future price increase and many people preordered already just for that reason.

I don't think the post said it won't be any higher, it just won't have the price increase on the 15th. I wouldn't be surprised if it does go up, or when the 1500 LE's are gone the price stays the same for the standard version.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I don't think the post said it won't be any higher, it just won't have the price increase on the 15th.

True, not higher for now.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Apparently not enough people felt urgent enough about it.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#21 7 years ago

Not cool if this is true. The incentive we were given to order early was the price increase which would, in essence, have made our early investment more valuable (like $500 equity). I am tempted to call Jack to confirm, and if true, get a refund of my deposit. Then I can re-evaluate and make my decision closer to the deadline. Can I assume if the price increase isn't going to happen February 15th, then my next Hobbit payment isn't due either???

#22 7 years ago

Poor Jack....he will never be able to win with the whiny crowd no matter what he does....look at Stern, same thing....its hilarious!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

Not cool if this is true. The incentive we were given to order early was the price increase which would, in essence, have made our early investment more valuable (like $500 equity). I am tempted to call Jack to confirm, and if true, get a refund of my deposit. Then I can re-evaluate and make my decision closer to the deadline. Can I assume if the price increase isn't going to happen February 15th, then my next Hobbit payment isn't due either???

Good point. You should call him. I just assumed this was true from the OP as i am not in for TH until i get to play it in person.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Poor Jack....he will never be able to win with the whiny crowd no matter what he does

maybe he shouldn't miss shipping dates. in my business, if i miss the shipping date, i lose the sale and probably possible referrals, repeat business and a reputation.

so don't "poor jack" us. he's doing just fine with this whiny crowd.

#25 7 years ago

I'm really glad he is holding the price. Now it remains only about 4k out of my price range instead of $4.5k

#26 7 years ago

If he truly listened. He would give the ones who bought in $1000 back and lower the price to $6500. If he did that. I know he'd get a minimum of 50% more sales. Around here, it would be 80%.

At 1500 "Limited (laughable) Edition". He is going to have a very hard time selling that many games at that price point. That is a whole production run or more of a lot of games. Even at a $6500 price point. I think he's going to have a shitload left over. Double that for his $7500 price point. Least Jack is making an effort in the direction he should be going. I think he's realizing he's pushing the envelope a little to much.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from paragon66x:

I'm really glad he is holding the price. Now it remains only about 4k out of my price range instead of $4.5k

Lmao... Hahaha.

I am on the same boat as you.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think he's realizing he's pushing the envelope a little to much.

i think it's too late. he can't reduce the LE numbers now, nor can he discount the game.

and i'm so f-ing sick of hearing about the Hobbit while i'm still waiting for my WOZ!!!!

#29 7 years ago

why can't he discount the game? Nobody is paid in full, and if they are. Cut a check back to them. not difficult. The 8 people that actually bought one, isn't going to be difficult to sort out.

#30 7 years ago

I have not even played his first game yet. I have nothing to go on yet Jack. I personally think he will deliver a winner... but I haven't seen it yet. Asking for a deposit on the second game before the first is even out was short sighted. It made me think that they thought it would be a dud, or get a bad name once it did come out. I'm now fully on the sidelines with JJP. I can't wait to finally play a game they produce. But my $$$ will wait until games start showing up at peoples houses. If it is as good as I hope? I will order one for myself. If not, I won't. Don't act like I'll never get a game if I don't order today. Jack will make as many WOZ machines as he can sell once the LE is done.

I do want to thank Jack for making the game play the same on both. It gives me hope.

#31 7 years ago

I am all over the map about this one. On one hand I took advantage of WOZLE payment plan getting delayed last time. However, the problem with Jack is he just says stuff - like test game by labor day, or a coupon with your first game for $500 off, or I would never take a deposit on the second game until the first was out, or games will be out end of February no no really this time. At the end of the day I voted no and got a new Stern, but I can't keep the anger out of my system, when friends ask hey is that WOZ ever going to show up, and I just say no I don't think so. For a guy who wants to under promise and over deliver FAIL - for a guy who wants to make operators profitable by holding there money for 2 years fail, for a guy who want to piss me off win.

#32 7 years ago

Why do I suddenly get the feeling that the mid march release for WoZ is about to be pushed again?

#33 7 years ago

..fortunately for me my MG and BHZA owners are far **too** creative, we have many more good ideas than we have playfield or cabinet space to fit in. Yikes! Jpop

#34 7 years ago

7500...pre order...sight unseen. Am I missing something? Perhaps a chunk of gold behind the coin door? Companies used to invest money in a product, PRODUCE IT, and hope to recoup their investment plus some profit. Now it seems like the profit margin has been built in but they get the capital first before it's actually built. Did I just enter bizzaro-world?

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

maybe he shouldn't miss shipping dates. in my business, if i miss the shipping date, i lose the sale and probably possible referrals, repeat business and a reputation.

so don't "poor jack" us. he's doing just fine with this whiny crowd.

Well he did so quit crying about it and don't buy the pin.....this isn't your business

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If he truly listened. He would give the ones who bought in $1000 back and lower the price to $6500. If he did that. I know he'd get a minimum of 50% more sales. Around here, it would be 80%.

At 1500 "Limited (laughable) Edition". He is going to have a very hard time selling that many games at that price point. That is a whole production run or more of a lot of games. Even at a $6500 price point. I think he's going to have a shitload left over. Double that for his $7500 price point. Least Jack is making an effort in the direction he should be going. I think he's realizing he's pushing the envelope a little to much.

Sounds like have all the answers for a pinball company....why don't you go start your own....

#37 7 years ago

I drank some of iceman's WOZ koolaid, and put my deposit down on The Hobbit today. Will be my first NIB game...gonna be a lonnnggg wait...hah I'm excited though...

I don't want to get in a fight about it, I agree it's stupid expensive...but I don't care....it will be mine...my precious...haha lame joke sorry

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sounds like have all the answers for a pinball company....why don't you go start your own....

because it's not a smart move. Pinball is hot right now, but it won't last. Invest shitloads of money in, and you'll end up losing your ass. If you have tons of money, Starting a pinball company from scratch is not a good idea. The market is too saturated right now. Least 7 people are making a production game right now. Think about it.

#39 7 years ago

Okay, so there really isn't any incentive to put a deposit down now, right? When will the first 1,500 sell out, end of 2013?

#40 7 years ago

My only reason to drop the cash now, was so I didn't spend it on something else less important
Or the wife didn't spend it either...it's tied up in pinball..instead of purses and shoes haha..I put half down...totally refundable...

#41 7 years ago

FYI, I emailed Jen at Jersey Jack's and she confirmed that the price increase on the Hobbit LE has been postponed. (see below)

We will be increasing later in the year, just not Feb 15th

Best Regards,

Jen Guarnieri
Marketing Coordinator
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
1645 Oak Street
Lakewood, NJ 08701
P: (732) 364-9900, Ext 203
F: (732) 987-6842
www.JerseyJackPinball.com

#42 7 years ago

So not increasing the price, yet, is something to celebrate? Good luck to the faithful.

#43 7 years ago

There are more than 1,000 THLE sold already. They are selling fine without trying to push people because of a price increase.

Let there be more details of the game and let people start to get WOZ out there next month.

I've never seen people upset that a price did not go up.....THLE MAP Price will go up to $8000.00, just not on 2/15/13

#44 7 years ago

Sheesh, I'm reading this and some of the other threads. What the hell is wrong with some of you people. We should be thrilled there are multiple Pinball Companies out there and do everything we can to support them. Do you think Jack really is trying to screw anyone? Do you think he is not committed to making the best Pinball Machine he can? Do you think he is not shipping for any reason than it not being up to his high standards. Do you think he likes pushing the date?
I hope ALL the machines turn out great...Jack, Stern, the Skitsters, Jpop, Spooky, Heighway, Nemo and whoever else throws their hat into the ring.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Poor Jack....he will never be able to win with the whiny crowd no matter what he does....look at Stern, same thing....its hilarious!

Quoted from iceman44:

Well he did so quit crying about it and don't buy the pin.....this isn't your business

Quoted from iceman44:

First of all this is a forum so quit acting all high and mighty with your defense for JJP. People can give their opinions on what they want, until you are the moderator or owner of Pinside and can tell us otherwise that is what it is here for or if you are the official JJP spokesperson let us know. Second of all if you were a business owner(or if you are one and were a good one) all points are completely valid and believe me anyone in this industry would be wise to listen to feedback here both negative and positive as this is their consumer base. Most any other business this would be unacceptable and the absolute worst business practice one could ever do especially for a startup company. Consumers drive businesses, if customers aren't happy, you don't have a business. So all the points are more than valid and people can whine and bitch all they want cause we are the ones paying their salaries in buying their products so it would be best to listen to them in the end, again IF the person cares to succeed.

#46 7 years ago

I'm waiting for a price reduction to order.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

There are more than 1,000 THLE sold already. They are selling fine without trying to push people because of a price increase.
Let there be more details of the game and let people start to get WOZ out there next month.
I've never seen people upset that a price did not go up.....THLE MAP Price will go up to $8000.00, just not on 2/15/13

Sounds like Jack is listening.

Somebody asked when Hobbit will sell out. My guess is shortly after WOZ starts hitting homes and more people get to play it.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sheesh, I'm reading this and some of the other threads. What the hell is wrong with some of you people. We should be thrilled there are multiple Pinball Companies out there and do everything we can to support them. Do you think Jack really is trying to screw anyone? Do you think he is not committed to making the best Pinball Machine he can? Do you think he is not shipping for any reason than it not being up to his high standards. Do you think he likes pushing the date?
I hope ALL the machines turn out great...Jack, Stern, the Skitsters, Jpop, Spooky, Heighway, Nemo and whoever else throws their hat into the ring.

Agreed! Competition will help create a better product all around. Sterns quality has been questionable at best.

I think it is smart to delay if you have true concerns. It is better than getting your POS game, with unfinished code, and having the reception and game value take a nose dive right off the bat. I would rather have all the issues hashed out prior to shipping than sitting on a half finished game. Nice to see a company that still practices QA.

Todd

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Jacks not trying to screw anyone. He's trying to get as much money as he can out of each game. Which is good business sense. It's the ones that go along with the outrageous prices, that feed the machine. Business side of things. Jack should charge as much as people are willing to pay. But to a point. if he's only getting 5% of the sales because he jacked it up to much, then that's a bad move. 1000 LE"s are sold to distributers. No telling how many distributers are still stuck with and will be by the end of 2014. There are plenty to go around for every person that buys NIB. No risk running out on this one.

#50 7 years ago

The problem is that most pins are saturating the collector and home market. Old designs are not attracting the video generation. Pins like WOZ will bring a lot back. I watched people pass on Hulk , for WOZ . They were beside each other . WOZ draws constant crowds where ever it is. Its setting a new standard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Macomb, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Massillon, OH
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside