(Topic ID: 159183)

Hobbit kickback not firing during gameplay.

By halpain24

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by halpain24
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider halpain24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

My hobbit isn't firing the kickback during gameplay. When "mode" is lit and I hit the shot and it drops off the ramp into the outlane it rolls all the way to the trough and ends my ball. I have tested the coil in test and the switch right above it as well and both work. Any ideas? The game is just a few weeks old, and I did update to 1.01 recently but it has worked until today. Thanks.

#3 7 years ago

update, I tested the game with the glass off more and it looks like it only does not fire on modes. When "kickback" is lit it and it drains down the outlane it works properly, but when it goes down the "mode" ramp it never does, so I guess it is a code issue? I still don't get why it worked for a while and then stopped. I will try reloading the code I guess and see what happens.

#5 7 years ago

Correct, mine only does not work when it should kick back starting a mode. I just reloaded the software and the same thing still happens. No clue what it could be.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hmmm. You mention it happens when the ball drops off the far left rail into the outlane. That type of behavior should not cause the kick back to activate but should make the pop up peg come up. It sounds like the pop up peg is not coming up at the correct time. Does the pop up peg work in test?

Thanks, that is definitely the problem. The pop up peg is not raising. I tested that coil and it is not working. I have no experience working on JJP machines. What is the best way to find why it wont work? The wires have not come off of the coil itself and I have looked for a loose connection but have not found any.

#8 7 years ago

Never mind. Figured it out. But time for a little rant. The issue is that the rubber stop for the coil is missing. It is not anywhere in the cab either. That's why it worked on and off I guess. While under the play field I noticed the majority of the screws to level the drops had fallen out. I know it's not a major deal just don't understand why the nuts weren't tightened at factory. Then I noticed the E for elf drop targets little coil that lets it raise was hanging. The screw in the middle of the assembly had worked its way out. This one required me taking the drop assembly out and completely apart to put it back in. It just amazes me that all of these screws have worked their way out due to never being tight. Now it's all fixed aside from waiting for a rubber stop. But it is definitely frustrating getting an 8500 pin that seems like it was rushed together. Hoping I don't have to tighten every screw on the machine eventually.

#12 7 years ago

I do love the game. Hobbit is a fun game, great sound, and great looking. It's just frustrating to deal with these things NIB, but at the same time they aren't major issues so it doesn't make me regret the purchase, just a little annoyed. I am still happy with my purchase overall.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider halpain24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-kickback-not-firing-during-gameplay?tu=halpain24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.