(Topic ID: 159183)

Hobbit kickback not firing during gameplay.

By halpain24

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by halpain24
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

My hobbit isn't firing the kickback during gameplay. When "mode" is lit and I hit the shot and it drops off the ramp into the outlane it rolls all the way to the trough and ends my ball. I have tested the coil in test and the switch right above it as well and both work. Any ideas? The game is just a few weeks old, and I did update to 1.01 recently but it has worked until today. Thanks.

#2 3 years ago

Adjust the switch and make it a bit more sensitive. It's possible the switch works but isn't adjusted right to be activated by the ball.

#3 3 years ago

update, I tested the game with the glass off more and it looks like it only does not fire on modes. When "kickback" is lit it and it drains down the outlane it works properly, but when it goes down the "mode" ramp it never does, so I guess it is a code issue? I still don't get why it worked for a while and then stopped. I will try reloading the code I guess and see what happens.

#4 3 years ago

Interesting, mine works perfect. My game shipped with one problem, the left side of the apron was set on top of the flange, instead of inserted into the flange. This blocked the kickback being aligned with the hole.....since yours works sometimes suppose this can't be the problem.

#5 3 years ago

Correct, mine only does not work when it should kick back starting a mode. I just reloaded the software and the same thing still happens. No clue what it could be.

#6 3 years ago

Hmmm. You mention it happens when the ball drops off the far left rail into the outlane. That type of behavior should not cause the kick back to activate but should make the pop up peg come up. It sounds like the pop up peg is not coming up at the correct time. Does the pop up peg work in test?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hmmm. You mention it happens when the ball drops off the far left rail into the outlane. That type of behavior should not cause the kick back to activate but should make the pop up peg come up. It sounds like the pop up peg is not coming up at the correct time. Does the pop up peg work in test?

Thanks, that is definitely the problem. The pop up peg is not raising. I tested that coil and it is not working. I have no experience working on JJP machines. What is the best way to find why it wont work? The wires have not come off of the coil itself and I have looked for a loose connection but have not found any.

#8 3 years ago

Never mind. Figured it out. But time for a little rant. The issue is that the rubber stop for the coil is missing. It is not anywhere in the cab either. That's why it worked on and off I guess. While under the play field I noticed the majority of the screws to level the drops had fallen out. I know it's not a major deal just don't understand why the nuts weren't tightened at factory. Then I noticed the E for elf drop targets little coil that lets it raise was hanging. The screw in the middle of the assembly had worked its way out. This one required me taking the drop assembly out and completely apart to put it back in. It just amazes me that all of these screws have worked their way out due to never being tight. Now it's all fixed aside from waiting for a rubber stop. But it is definitely frustrating getting an 8500 pin that seems like it was rushed together. Hoping I don't have to tighten every screw on the machine eventually.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Never mind. Figured it out. But time for a little rant. The issue is that the rubber stop for the coil is missing. It is not anywhere in the cab either. That's why it worked on and off I guess. While under the play field I noticed the majority of the screws to level the drops had fallen out. I know it's not a major deal just don't understand why the nuts weren't tightened at factory. Then I noticed the E for elf drop targets little coil that lets it raise was hanging. The screw in the middle of the assembly had worked its way out. This one required me taking the drop assembly out and completely apart to put it back in. It just amazes me that all of these screws have worked their way out due to never being tight. Now it's all fixed aside from waiting for a rubber stop. But it is definitely frustrating getting an 8500 pin that seems like it was rushed together. Hoping I don't have to tighten every screw on the machine eventually.

Hmmmm. I'm still trying to decide if I am going to buy a Hobbit. This all worries me a bit. Keep us posted if you have anymore issues.

#10 3 years ago

I would say loose screws is not a reason to not buy. But I did have a problem with screws as well. Funny enough or not I had a screw issue on Woz as well. But tighten and enjoy

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

I would say loose screws is not a reason to not buy. But I did have a problem with screws as well. Funny enough or not I had a screw issue on Woz as well. But tighten and enjoy

I think many JJP pre-orderers have been plagued with a few loose screws

#12 3 years ago

I do love the game. Hobbit is a fun game, great sound, and great looking. It's just frustrating to deal with these things NIB, but at the same time they aren't major issues so it doesn't make me regret the purchase, just a little annoyed. I am still happy with my purchase overall.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York, NY
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 88.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside