p48uldt_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
140207_2723958_Pumping_up_with_Hans_and_Franz_anvver_3_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
a0133af6df8488abcb3bd3f0c2efd08e_(resized).jpg
LOTR_Roids_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 7 years ago

The Hobbit is a fantastic game. Everytime there is a code update I think to myself, how can it get any better. Well, it does. With Keith behind he wheel, no telling where this pin will be ranked. For me, right now, it's in my top 5. All the guys who bash it, hate JJP and so on, go to the GB threads, plenty of reasons to bash that game.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes, Rob...take it from somebody who was ejected from JJP threads for doing exactly the same thing that's pissing you off here. He knows what he's talking about.

You have a lot of Gary's boyfriends on Pinside, and SilverBallz is one of them.

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Hobbit ,to me, is what Bally/Williams would have evolved into

Great point! I think so as well. Stern has had their chances to be like Williams/Bally but just couldn't do it. But, Stern does have some decent games just not good enough for my collection.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Stern's cost cutting and higher margin chasing gives them a Data East feel with a B/W layout. It's weird. JJP definitely chases, and actually surpasses, that B/W quality feel far more aggressively.

Nothing Stern does feels like a Williams/Bally. Nothing!! Sterns game play if totally different. Like i said, Stern has some decent games that are fun to play but, the feel is not the same as Williams/Bally/JJP. Its all good. If you like Stern, that's great. I'm glad they are still making pins but will have to soon up their game. Other companies are coming out with pins and are showing us they they too can make a good pinball in lieu of Stern.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I don't think the layout will ever allow it to catch up to LOTR but time will tell.

I think TH all the way around has passed LOTR. Decals, playfield, code, sound, music, callouts, etc. The list continues. I like LOTR but it has been dethroned.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

I own both LOTR and TH. I haven't turned on LOTR in about 3 months, and I play TH every day. But everyone has their own opinions. Both are great games, but I have owned LOTR for 5 years and have played it a lot, and so TH is a breath of fresh air. It is a much more advanced/newer machine and just has such a different way it plays, it is a great variety compared to a lineup of Bally/Williams and Stern's.

Well said. I have been playing The Hobbit non stop and have not touched my other pins. When I had league night about 3 weeks ago, I sucked. It's so different than any pinball I have ever played. It's Fantastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-is-lord-of-the-rings-on-steroids?tu=skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.