p48uldt_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
140207_2723958_Pumping_up_with_Hans_and_Franz_anvver_3_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
a0133af6df8488abcb3bd3f0c2efd08e_(resized).jpg
LOTR_Roids_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

soon, you'll be able to buy TH for less than LOTR.

How the f*ck are you allowed to keep posting in Hobbit threads?

Jesus fucking Christ. I was ejected from a Hobbit thread for WAY less than the crap that you are constantly spewing, and that was despite the fact that I was always interested in buying the pin. You? Biggest JJP/Hobbit troll ever, with zero interest in the pin. Yet, somehow, the mods allow you to continue posting in Hobbit/JJP threads as you please with nothing constructive to offer...ever.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don't care for GOT, but I was hoping I would. However, I don't go into those threads all the time and say it over and over again. The one thing I was vocal about was how disappointing the PF art was. Constantly posting you don't like the game - or trying to say that a new game won't be better than an established all time great is rather pointless. That said I personally would rather have a Hobbit than LOTR - but who cares?

Spot on Goronic!

I freaking despise GOT premium. I had it in my collection for 5 days before realizing that I was not going to like that pin. I put it in my Top 5 Least Favorite Pins ever owned list. I have many reasons for feeling this way, yet I think I may have posted about my dislike of that pin on this forum a total of less than 5-6 times.

Some of these people can't help themselves, they just want to keep spewing their dislike for something over and over and over again, thinking that somehow their repeated opinion has more weight the more often that they repeat it. Others have more common courtesy. Hell, Beelzeboob was in on Hobbit, played it and didn't like it so he backed out, but you don't see him constantly coming into these threads to just repeatedly bash the pin.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

RobT complaining about people endlessly spouting negative opinions is the most hypocritical thing ever.

Bang.

I thought you said that you were done replying to me and my posts? F*****g liar.

How ironic of you, of all people, to respond to my post when you are the one most guilty of anyone other than SilverBallz for posting non stop crap in the Hobbit threads. Nobody gives a shit about your tired worn out opinion that you repeat ad nauseam in every single Hobbit thread.

Still upset with me because I corrected you about BSD's geometry *not* being designed with the lightning flippers like you proclaimed it to be? And how stupid you said it would be to use regular flippers on that pin because the geometry wasn't designed for it? Stop pretending to be some type of expert on pinball. Or that you have a reputation that would make anyone give a crap about your opinions.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Um, you guys, the Bally/Williams core is at Stern. Stern these days is basically an extension of the B/W legacy. Lyman, Ritchie, Freres, Gomez, Trudeau, and many other B/W members continued on at Stern.
JJP is as much Stern as it it Bally/Williams.
The industry is incestuous. They all are a giant mash-up of Data East, Sega, Stern, Gottlieb, Bally, Williams, Capcom, and Chicago County anyway.

Oh look Jar155 trying to give another history lesson in pinball. Is this like the one where you told us that BSD's geometry was designed with the lighting flippers?

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

He's been on my nuts for a while,

Don't flatter yourself.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

How about that subforum ban on Silverballz? Since you're in the moderatin' mood

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

The hobbit does look much better than lotr, but lotr shoots way better.

LOL

I was literally getting ready to make a post stating the exact opposite.

Hobbit shoots way better than LOTR. I love LOTR, still one of my favorites, but saying that it is a good shooting pin just isn't accurate in m opinion. Its definitely on the clunky side. Orbit shots are not clean. Right sword lock is a clunk fest. Path of the Dead sucks. What makes LOTR a great pin is the ruleset. There is nothing particularly good about the layout of LOTR as it's a pretty simple fan layout. The ring shot is super cool though.

Hobbit is WAY smoother to shoot, and the orbits are perfectly smooth, clean, and satisfying.

#187 7 years ago

I think it's ridiculous to say that you can't compare Hobbit to LOTR. Of course you can! Comparing them to each other does not mean that they are the same or even similar. Comparing two pins against each other includes pointing out their differences where they exist. And as Guinnesstime says, given the themes, comparisons of the two pins are obviously going to happen.

Hell, there is a rather large thread comparing Hobbit to GB. Obviously two very different pins, but that doesn't mean that you can't compare them against each other and point out the obvious differences when doing so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-is-lord-of-the-rings-on-steroids?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.