image.jpg
crickets_chirping.gif
pac_man_piechart.gif
trollgood.gif
238.jpg
239.jpg
riiight.jpg
thumbs_up.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#193 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

In his head he could. But there is only one game i'd plunk down 10k for. And only 2 people know what that game is. No way in hell i'm putting down 10k for any new sterns or JJP title. Unless it came with a permanent Stripper that stays with the machine 24/7 to keep it clean and rub her tits on me while I play.

I like your thinking Neo. Where do I signup for your stripper game.

#195 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I like your thinking Neo. Where do I signup for your stripper game.

Of course you could just make that a MOD for any game and sell it at a more reasonable price.

#233 11 years ago

Compare ACDC LE to WOZLE for better comparisons.

#261 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

1000 woz les hit the home market and the price on that game will plunge you watch

Which Stern employee are you again?

#283 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

please. Even at $6500 he's turning a sweet profit. He's just trying to recoup all his business startup costs in one release. When starting a new business it's suppose to be over a period of time. THese machines are a lot cheaper to make than you guys realize. If you think it costs more than $3k to completely manufacturer a machine when buying parts in bulk. You really don't know the purchasing aspect of things. That price includes the design costs. I'm sure jacks design costs are going to be higher, since this is his first machine and i'm sure he made some mistakes along the way, and had to redo and change things. that's what happened to Gene. Plus Gene's run was much smaller. So your costs are higher. He had some major production problems that put his cost through the roof, hence why he ended up taking a loss. For full production runs, you cost per game is significantly less. Since design and programming costs, get cheaper the more games you make.
props to the pacman pie chart. This is pretty much the exact business model Jack is going for. Walka walka.

How much is that Tommy your selling again Neo?

Wasn't that a $2000 game a year ago?

#290 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

He still had to build the game, which is a majority of the expense. Gene's expenses went over budget because he had several thing happen with playfields where they were shit and he had to get them remade, plus another bad deal with cabinets, and boards. He had one bad deal after another which cost him tons of money each time. With a production run of only 150ish, you can't recoup major losses like that. jack is making 1000's so the overcost gets less and less for design and what not.

Yeah but you have to remember Jack has to pay for a design team, software engineer, patents, etc.
He has a lot more on his plate then a guy trying to build a game that was already made.

#295 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, but the price of those items goes down drastically, when you have production numbers in the 1000's compared to 136. You don't think Jack is banking on selling at least 5000 WOZ's? He's hyped this up so much, you know the numbers are at LEAST that high. if not more. Jack thinks he's the second coming in the pinball world. When you have those kinds of numbers. Your looking at around $10 per game for design and software programing.
It's like having something printed. If you have a 4 color process, they usually charge you $200-250 per color per plate/screen. So right up front your looking at $800-1000. if you make 100 shirts/posters, your costs is going to be astronomical. now make 5000. That charge is insignificant.

It's still fixed cost versus fixed cost. Price of your cost goes down the more you make, of course. However, the cost of starting from scratch and already having a finished product is completely different. Start up would have more up front cost, more labor costs, design costs, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-information?tu=tomgwi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.