image.jpg
crickets_chirping.gif
pac_man_piechart.gif
trollgood.gif
238.jpg
239.jpg
riiight.jpg
thumbs_up.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thebrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 11 years ago

If nobody bought the games at the higher pricing the manufacturers would have to lower the prices to stay in business. Everyone bitches over the huge jumps in cost yet they still buy them because the manufacturers know they can get the money and this trend will continue until the demand drops.
We used to get the bells and whistles with Stern but now the price of a stripped down Pro is more money than what they used to offer (Spiderman, Batman Dark Knight, LOTR, SPP.......) and now they have been charging an extra 2k on top of an already higher price of the Pro for an LE for the bells and whistles.
Do you really think there has been major quality improvements or is it just inflation to justify such cost increases for a Stern Pinball today? JJP is smart enough to know people are willing to pay more for the quality Stern should be giving and unfortunately we have to pay extra for that too.

What was the cost of a Spider-man NIB back in 2007?

#200 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well that or close.
Choose one.
LTG : )

I think the profit margins have taken quite a jump the last couple years, wouldn't you agree?
What was the cost of a Spider-man NIB back in 2007?

#203 11 years ago

Thanks Neo.
Spider-man $3500 NIB in 2007 and Stern was in business.

#206 11 years ago

Good point Lloyd, I can understand hard times. I thought most electronic parts have gotten cheaper over time and noticed Stern have also have been scrimping on quality, while prices have risen and they are also selling more and more while the pricing continues to rise.
JJP enters the scene with a higher priced machine, Stern again ups the pricing through LE's.
I think Stern among others are taking advantage of the more recent increased popularity of pinball, I am happy Stern survived hard times, some of us supported them through hard times ourselves.
Stern is doing very well now and selling lots of games, they should be happy and not gouge us IMHO.

#210 11 years ago

Where are all the rising costs? Most products have not almost doubled in price over the last 5 years. Think of all the price cutting measures they have also taken and to the point where the quality suffers and consider how much cheaper today electronics are, simplified boards....some gouging for sure.

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

As someone here who actually bought a NIB Spider-Man Black, it was $4350 from Jack in late 2007.

Is that in Canadian?

#216 11 years ago

Well there you have it. A considerable increase for a stripped down pro and the LE when considering inflation should still ring in under 5k today. I don't believe JJP's better quality is worth 3k more.

#239 11 years ago

I think some of the point is being missed. My car has numerous computer upgrades and innovations, even a LCD screen and it is the same money as it was new back in 1997 without the new technology. A 60" LCD today is the same money as a 28" tube TV back then. PS1 then PS3 now for the same money. I believe Neo is quite right that the LCD screen is likely costing JJP less than a DMD and many other electronics and components are far less expensive today. Pinball should be more advanced and innovative today just as any product on the market without outrageous price hikes.
Whether you believe or not that 8-10k is what it takes to build a pinball machine today, you must realize that in the last few years while considering all the cost cuts and the continued price jacking for a game while selling more that the manufacturer's profit margins have been shooting up and gouging us because they know they can get away with it. Apple products are inflated too and have huge profit margins I guess Apple is taking advantage of their hype too but it doesn't mean their product is worth the money just because people are prepared to pay the premium.
The demand and market has allowed this to happen in pinball some of us can accept that they are taking advantage of it but it does not mean it is right IMHO.

#242 11 years ago

Okay so JJP had our help to fund WOZ to start up his business and buy equipment etc. without having anyone seeing the finished product. Now he has his operation up and running, so why are we giving deposits and signing up for payment plans again for the Hobbit and before the release of WOZ?
They are all set up I would assume, Stern does not need to do this.

#264 11 years ago

Why is it $1000 more than WOZ??

#267 11 years ago

Can you explain to us why the huge spike in cost from WOZ to the Hobbit?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thebrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-information?tu=thebrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.