image.jpg
crickets_chirping.gif
pac_man_piechart.gif
trollgood.gif
238.jpg
239.jpg
riiight.jpg
thumbs_up.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Hobbit will go up even more?!?!? WTF? As in $8500 would be the normal price next year?? Sweet Jesus I hope that doesn't happen

No joke!

Man if I had been waiting so long on a WOZ and they started work & advertising on another pin before I received it I would be pretty upset.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Not upset at all.

To each their own as always. I hope your WOZ gets to you soon and you love it!

2 weeks later
#162 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I like both Stern and JJP. I do think they are both pushing the price envelope to find the barrier. Thats just good business.
Either they will hit that wall and the market will dictate it or new buyers will push it. May piss a few of us off but thats the market. It will either correct ro be what it is.
Personally I think 6500 is the magic number. Wether it means taking a few key costs out or not.

I personally will not pay over $6500 for a pin period. If tons of others will then more power to them hope I get a chance to play them at some point. It appears that both Stern and JJP are trying to find out how much they can squeeze out of pinball addicts.

A bit sad to see them going out of my price range of reason but if they can really be successful charging $8K+ for their pins then more power to them I guess. Frustrating for me and likely others that refuse to pay that premium but what can you do other than find cheaper pins out there you love?

#218 11 years ago

Whoever does not think both JJP and Stern are trying to charge as much as possible for a pin they can get away with is being a bit naive. They are making plenty off the top I am sure. 8 to 10K for pins that used to be $3500 to $5000 4 years ago in what is still a tough economy does not strike me as just a dramatic rise in cost of parts or labor. I could be wrong but I am highly skeptical about that.

#251 11 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Plus I don't think Jack is making any money on game #1. If this is such a profitable business why no Stern competitors for over a decade.

Quoted from pindome:

How much do you think it cost to build, research, develop, engineer, salaries etc. WOZ per unit for a couple thousand? How much profit is the company entitled to make in your opinion on this game? My guess it is going to be quite a few pins down the road till JJP is making much of a profit. The start up costs are immense.

LOL, (Jack is that you )Okay Pindome I will relent Jack (successful business man) clearly got into making machines to provide a service to the community and not make any money. Kind of crazy to me so many pinheads fighting hard to defend a new manufacturer's decision to dramatically raise prices like this.

If Stern increased their prices first you all would of had your pitchforks out but since JJP did it's all gravy. I know even though they haven't shipped their first pins to most buyers they are a new gold standard and worth so much more than what a long time pin making company's pins are worth. Please don't take it personal I just find it a bit odd.

#258 11 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

You do seem to be pissed at JJP for some reason and at the people who are excited to finally have a competitor in the marketplace. Please don't take it personal just a bit perplexing --- oops did it again.

LOL appears you as many avid supporters do take opposing views personal. Oh well, don't know what to tell you other than this is a forum and others will have opposing views from time to time. Even if it is something you are passionate about.

I've played and saw underneath the playfield on a Demo WOZ and while some features were cool I do not see enough to warrant an 8K price tag list or no list. I am not pissed in the least bit as I have pins I love playing already just calling it how I see it. Doesn't mean I'm right at all just my opinion on the matter. I hope all that get The Hobbit love it without a doubt regardless.

Quoted from pindome:

it's ok to not like JJP but I know you will be playing better pins in the future because of JJP and the 1000 people who took a chance and purchased WOZLE's. --- Your Welcome

I don't dislike JJP I dislike their price point and not sure why better pins will be made all because of JJP. You have to remember not everyone will like the same pins and some people may not care for WOZ. As you said we just see things differently and that is okay.

Quoted from starbase:

wealth of on topic knowledge being wasted.

There are only pics of cab that is the only info really released beside the price point. What else is there to really discuss??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-information?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.