image.jpg
crickets_chirping.gif
pac_man_piechart.gif
trollgood.gif
238.jpg
239.jpg
riiight.jpg
thumbs_up.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

I really wish a new company would come around and f^(k off the licensed themed pins and design a clever in-house produced themed product that cost literally half the price. There is a booming market for pins, who gives a shit about the Wizard of Oz or The Hobbit?
Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

1.) An unlicensed theme is still a theme. It's a sure bet more people care about (and have nostalgic attachments to) Oz & The Hobbit. I love Road Show, but I can't tell you how many people I've heard say "Construction!?? What a stupid theme!" ...just because it's original doesn't mean everyone will like it.

2.) Now that we're going into the Color LCD display, an original theme stands to be MORE expensive than a license. Jack's done a lot of custom animation for WOZ, but using the movie footage as a base. Imagine if EVERY piece of animated art had to be done from scratch. You'd need a team of animators and artists to make that a reality. That would be a time consuming expense entirely new to pinball production.

1 week later
#137 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Bullshit, at 5k they can give us everything they gave us in TSPP, LOTR, Sopranos. OUR price was 3200-3400 back in 2003-2006 era. You can't tell me production costs went up that much. even at 4% inflation every year, we are still below the $5k mark. They are just getting cheap about things. We could easily have nice quality, full ROMs, quality toys and be under the 5k price point. They jack up the prices, because people fall all over themselves for the opportunity to overpay.

You start a new company and make new pins. Sell them to us for $5k if you can do so and stay in business.

1 week later
#364 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's pretty much correct....I played a lot back in the 90's heyday and the announcement of JJP and Woz got me back interested, bought Woz, then Lotr le, Sm, Bhza, Wpt and now TH

You've got a lot of dough down on games that don't exist. Why not buy some real games to enjoy?

Quoted from iceman44:

Don't like it all, doesn't look good.....some cool stuff and innovation....when did you drop down your 10k?

Wait...you drop 10k on BHZA, a game that doesn't exist and prob won't be finished until 2015/16, preordered Hobbit, another game that doesn't exist ....but a fully functioning prototype P3 "doesn't look good" and you're giving someone crap for pre-ordering that one!? A little hypocritical, no?

P3 is *AMAZING* on a technological level, and the gameplay felt FANTASTIC. Really excited to see how it turns out when it's past the proto stage and turns into a "real" game. Hope the price becomes more reasonable, though.

#372 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just don't like the initial looks of it, kind of reminds me of old style video games with a pinball rolling around,

Purely a tech demo.

Still - more than you've seen of BHZA & Hobbit GIVE THEM MONEY!!!!!!

#377 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hehehe...you go first! I've put down my share of up front dough...if it looks really cool with great themes in a few weeks at the show then who knows, I've been known to fund other ventures!

No way. I've spent stupid money on pinball, but I gotta draw the line somewhere...I'd never spend 10k on a game. It's "A GAME". I love P3 and look forward to seeing more, but I have enough pinball in my life - if I never bought another new game, I wouldn't lose sleep.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-information?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.