image.jpg
crickets_chirping.gif
pac_man_piechart.gif
trollgood.gif
238.jpg
239.jpg
riiight.jpg
thumbs_up.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playernumber4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Buddy,
I'm interested in The Hobbit, but want to find out if the money refundable if I change my mind before the pin is released.

It is 100% refundable. Personally speaking I have waited long enough for WOZLE and don't feel like jumping thru all those hoops again for Hobbit. Especially for only a $500 discount. We got a $1000 discount to put up with this for WOZLE so it somewhat made it worthwhile. But for $500 discount only I am out. I can pretty much make that up daytrading with the money in the meanwhile and then choose to buy the game or not when it is done (or when someone else is tired of it). Additionally, I am tired of these new game prices skyrocketing and am somewhat drawing my line at $7000 for a new game. All this insanity has to stop somewhere, and it will not stop as long as we all keep blindly buying games to ensure we get a copy of the newest LE. Example: Avengers LE. Nothing in it to make it worth that kind of money. JMHO....

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I agree that the pricing is nuts, but I would much rather a WOZ or Avengers than any of the higher priced older machines.

That is another valid point to this conversation. I guess my biggest fear at this point is a potential bubble when supply outstrips demand. With two "big" manufacturers, and numerous boutique manufacturers combined with the high quality guys doing professional restorations it would seem that we would run out of buyers for all these games when the price gets up to $8000+. I just don't feel comfortable having games with that much cash tied up in them. Every bubble bursts eventually. If these games start sitting in stock at these prices it will be a sign that the bubble is starting to deflate.

#37 11 years ago

If they were not making "much money" off these machines they would not be in business. Stern was making money/staying alive at their previous pricing. When Jack jumped and advertised his price at the "insane pre-order price" of $6500 Stern immediately upped their price by over $1000. Thats more than a 20% increase overnight.
Just sayin....

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

The other thing you have to factor into the pricing of pinball machines is that they hold their value pretty well.

If you are lucky enough to buy the right LE machines in advance with a blindfold over your eyes you are correct. All it take is for a buyer to buy one turd to blow that theory. It kinda puts us in the situation to having to buy every LE game that comes out to cover your losses on the occasional turd. The shame of it is that the games are not turds, just the code. Lets all hope that Stern does fix these problems and compete in quality as well as price in the future. If they will not match the quality they will have to provide a good game at a lower price. We might have the start of a JC Penny VS Wallmart thing going on here eventually, because Stern has a long way to go to match JJP's quality. But for some reason they seem to think they can command the same price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playernumber4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-information?tu=playernumber4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.