image.jpg
crickets_chirping.gif
pac_man_piechart.gif
trollgood.gif
238.jpg
239.jpg
riiight.jpg
thumbs_up.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Come to think of it... I pre-ordered WOZ. If I had to buy the game when it came out, I probably wouldn't have the money to do so. So Jack has managed to get me to purchase my first NIB even though by the time it ships, I wouldn't have been able to afford it. Pretty clever?

One of the reasons the credit card industry is so lucrative.

#166 11 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Something is not right here. Where is is all that money going?

Most of the profits from pinball go to fund covert operations in failed 3rd world countries. Obviously, the US can't be directly involved in these conflicts without pissing off the UN. They needed an elaborate scheme to move the money and the choice was obvious: pinball games.

In the late 90s Gary Stern didn't want to play ball as part of this "pins for arms" arrangement. Williams had also made it clear it wouldn't be involved, so the CIA brought Gary Stern to the Williams factory as they were building Star Wars Episode 1. They made sure he got a good look at Jar Jar Binks, asked him if he was familiar with the character. He said, "Of course, he's that thinly veiled racist Stepin Fetchit from those awful prequels. I can't believe Williams would lower themselves to including that horrible character in the game, except to allow players to purposely kill him or something. Same thing with that brat kid. That kid needs a beating about as bad as the neighbor kid from Small Wonder. Somebody must have a gun to their heads. They've lost their minds."

Shortly after, Williams was shut down...I mean 'closed'. A film crew was hired through several covers to make a movie about this event and that was the story the American public swallowed.

Gary got an ominous phone call in the middle of the night: "Meesa think you work with us now. Meesa wonder you seen Battlefield Earth? It's really great.<click>" The message was clear: get in line or see the last thing your factory ever produces feature something equally ignominious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-information?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.