image.jpg
crickets_chirping.gif
pac_man_piechart.gif
trollgood.gif
238.jpg
239.jpg
riiight.jpg
thumbs_up.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider absocountry2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I am just so dissapointed that the second game is preorder once again with no information.

We know the theme and that is enough for many to drop cash. Based on your following statement I bet you would use a payment preorder plan for Metallica or Star Trek if it was used.

Quoted from musketd:

NP not a big fan of the theme, and in playing woz it was just not for me and I dont like not having a backglass and how they split it up into four sections. I am just more into Avengers and metallica and Star Trek themes.

Quoted from musketd:

Do you see stern asking us for money for the next game or even steve ritchies game.

Do you see Stern telling us what there next game is? Nope. Feel free to show me an announce from Stern about what their next pin will be. How about what will be out in 18 months. They do not do it that way. it is not bad just different. I personally enjoyed the payment system and many have voiced the same opinion. They just seem to get ignored.

Quoted from musketd:

I know what you guys are saying about limited, but my HULK LE is one of only 250; not 1500 which is ridiculus and not limited at all. Their are pins produced that did not even sell that many units.

I think they will sell. You are correct, there have been smaller runs of pins but WOZ has already sold almost 1500 including the LE's and it is not out yet and it even has a bad theme according to many. I would bet you that all 1500 Hobbits are sold by JJP before the third movie shows.

#109 11 years ago

I hate to say it but licensed themes will always reach more people. Original themes are for pinheads only. Licensed themes attract others. I know, not all licensed themes will draw others like Nascar or NBA.

1 week later
#175 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

YAWN....is the WoZ out yet? Sick of talking about it and JJP, I wanna see it and I wanna play it.

The thread is about Hobbit, not WOZ.

#228 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Well jack does piss away money on some things that didn't matter. like the metal weld fabricated house. Really? needed to be a welded formed house that never comes in contact with the ball? No reason that couldn't have been a plastic molded house. This idea of "better build quality" is just throwing out money in places it doesn't do any good. Put that money into programming or somewhere else.

I could not disagree more. I think the metal house is awesome and does matter. It would not be as nice in plastic. I do not think he is pissing away money as much as trying to do the best he can for his customers who are expecting the best.

It is like having a sticker that looks like wood instead of real wood. If my Jag had wood stickers on the dash instead of real wood I would have been very unhappy.

#297 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's true. So game 1 is more expensive to make than game 2. By game 2 he has everything ready to go and has his shit together. His prices should at minimal , stay the same if not go down.
Jack claims he's going to sell way more than 5000 Woz's. Just LE numbers alone are what? 1000? Says every op is going to want one of these on location. 5000 are WPC95 production numbers. He's talking revolutionary. that's 10000 or more.

So why are Stern machines going up. They have produced many machines already so they should be going down, correct?

#299 11 years ago

Crickets....... crickets_chirping.gifcrickets_chirping.gif

That is actually a good thing, I think we have heard the negative effects that JJP is supposedly bringing to pinball. Surprised we have not had the dead horse gif show up.

We will wait for new info.

#303 11 years ago

I was just wondering how they can defend Stern prices when attacking JJP for a $500 increase on their second pin saying they should be going down.

#320 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

where you getting $500 increase from? Prebook WOZ $6500. Prebook TH $7500. That's $1000 in my book.

Prebook is not the advertised cost of the machine. JJP has always advertised the price as ECLEWOZ $7500 and Hobbot as $8,000. The prebook is an incentive to get a discount of the actual price of the machine. You know this, you are just trolling. It is getting very old. Robin does want the site to stay positive. When you keep coming here saying the same things over and over you are trolling. The people that are here to enjoy the info grow tired. Anything positive to say?

#327 11 years ago

I like how JJP should be getting less expensive because they have a factory in place now but Stern is OK with the increase because they are just raising the price to compete. Ignore the fact they should be able to produce the pins cheaper because they are setup. If I could afford it as Stern I would drop the price and price JJP out, shut them down before they get a foothold. Stern seems to have raised there price to make a buck and let JJP dictate price. Leaders do not follow, they lead.

Has Stern ever offered an early bird discount or just blowout pricing on old stock that did not sell? I guess that is not Stern, that would be the distros doing that since Stern does not sell direct. I guess they have different approaches to sales.

#329 11 years ago

I did not say Jack was king, I said Stern followed the pricing to make a buck and let JJP set the price. I will not call Jack king until I play some of his pins. I said I would price Jack out if it were me then I would have a better hold on a monopoly and keep all the money. Am I wrong?

#335 11 years ago

krupa, see below from one or pages back in this thread.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's true. So game 1 is more expensive to make than game 2. By game 2 he has everything ready to go and has his shit together. His prices should at minimal , stay the same if not go down.
Jack claims he's going to sell way more than 5000 Woz's. Just LE numbers alone are what? 1000? Says every op is going to want one of these on location. 5000 are WPC95 production numbers. He's talking revolutionary. that's 10000 or more.

If that were true Stern pins should cost less as they go. I understand they are in it for money, I was just asking him to to explain that. In the end they are all going to charge whatever the market will take.

I would submit that Hobbit may have came down in price if Stern did not add $1,000+ to their prices when WOZ was released.

#337 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

I know he's criticizing JJP's prices but I don't see where he's saying Stern's prices are ok. If I'm not mistaken Neo blasts Stern's prices all the time as well. He wants lower prices across the board. As do many regardless of manufacturer.

Thats all I was saying is that both should come down as well. I never said I liked any prices. They do have the right to charge whatever they want. There is a point of diminishing returns. They will find that and pull back.

#346 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Sterns see's it's competitors selling similar product for X dollars. They see the market is going for that price. They are going to increase, and just stay under it and reap the profits from it as well. If jack would have came out and said $5k. Sterns would have came out with $4500. Sterns doesn't want to be the most expensive machine out there. But they do want to get as much of that money everyone is throwing around. If it wasn't for Jack and his "i'm going to be the best and charge the best for quality" attitude. Sterns would still be in the $4k range for NIB. Sterns turned into a monster, because of Jack. But time will tell if jack lives up to all his hype. But the price war is going to come sooner than you think. Anticipation only sells so long. Onces it's out, it's going to come down to price, theme and layout. Just like it did before. Jack will learn from his mistakes, just as Sterns is still learning even 13 years later. Sterns used to not give a shit about the collector market. IT was all "for the ops". Sterns is realizing the home owner is the one to spend foolish money more so than ops.

I agree with you on most of your points. The only thing I disagree is blaming Jack for Stern raising prices. He may have been the reason Stern did it, but he did not do it. Stern did not have to do it, they chose to raise prices to make more money. It was Sterns choice, not Jacks.

#363 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

I could be wrong, but isn't that the pre order price the dealers are giving?

Not that I have seen. I could be wrong but not sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider absocountry2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-information?tu=absocountry2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.