Topic Stats

• 378 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jjsrt8
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo_2(2).JPG
image.jpg
crickets_chirping.gif
pac_man_piechart.gif
trollgood.gif
238.jpg
239.jpg
riiight.jpg
thumbs_up.gif

There are 378 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 6 years ago

I confess I am one of those new to the hobby since December that isn't helping your pricing situation that is constantly discussed. My 11 year old son played an old pinball machine in Florida over thanksgiving and I "had" to have a LOTR for him for Christmas. Many parents are tired of the violent video games and looking for alternate outlets of entertainment. Just missed out on NEOs LOTR that he sold. He was really nice and took quite a bit of time to answer questions to me over the phone. Did find LOTR le for 6100. Whole family loves it. I hadn't looked at pinball games for 20 years and was amazed at level of complexity and fun.

I go to Minneapolis and check out some of the newer sterns and must confess that although great games, seemed to have a conspicuous cheaper feel (more plastic shutes, less "stuff" on the playfield). That being said ACDC was the big exception loved it. I research jersey jack extensively and was quite impressed. Preordered hobbit cause I have to have next to LOTR, will prob get WOZ
Cause favorite family theme. I don't want a room full of pins so paying more for select themes I like is ok.

I am in business and costs are rising, nice to see products, stern or jjp, designed and assembled in the US.

Some friends and I went to Hopkins Mn and played at SS billiards. Lloyd was great! This hobby really has some great people who are there to help.

Anyway thanks for listening to a newbie ramble.

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

Some friends and I went to Hopkins Mn and played at SS billiards. Lloyd was great!

Your people had a fun time Jeff, thank you for bringing them in !

LTG : )

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

The discussions was about how the companies have priced their products too high. I just mentioned that there are Pro models that people overlook when bashing the pricing of the pinball industry. NIB machines don't just come in the $7-8k variety. If someone only wants to spend $5k as they say, there are options.

And there'll be more options once Spooky, Heighway(Full Throttle) and Skit-B(Predator) start producing pinballs! Hope they'll succeed in creating and producing nice games.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

I don't want a room full of pins so paying more for select themes I like is ok.

You say this now...

Welcome to the hobby! Maybe you'll show more restraint than some of us.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

You say this now...
Welcome to the hobby! Maybe you'll have show restraint than some of us.

LOL I really do like ACDC, and oh by the way SM is cool, MM was fun to play at lloyds place (I think my wife even liked WOF).......good grief I see the beginnings of an addiction.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

LOL I really do like ACDC, and oh by the way SM is cool, MM was fun to play at lloyds place (I think my wife even liked WOF).......good grief I see the beginnings of an addiction.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here!

#357 6 years ago

"Really, Honey, I just want one more..."

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

"Really, Honey, I just want one more..."

I thought we were talking about pinball!

#359 6 years ago

You know, I expected that!

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Has Stern ever offered an early bird discount

I could be wrong, but isn't that the pre order price the dealers are giving?

#361 6 years ago

Well, I'm biting the bullet. Sending my deposit to Buddy Tuesday! Awesome guy and I think this will be an amazing pin. Plus it goes with the rest of my room...
photo_2(2).JPG

#362 6 years ago

That room will fit a lot of pins when you get rid of the pool table. I say "when", not "if". My pool table is now in a storage room. That is a choice that many pinheads have made.

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

I could be wrong, but isn't that the pre order price the dealers are giving?

Not that I have seen. I could be wrong but not sure.

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's pretty much correct....I played a lot back in the 90's heyday and the announcement of JJP and Woz got me back interested, bought Woz, then Lotr le, Sm, Bhza, Wpt and now TH

You've got a lot of dough down on games that don't exist. Why not buy some real games to enjoy?

Quoted from iceman44:

Don't like it all, doesn't look good.....some cool stuff and innovation....when did you drop down your 10k?

Wait...you drop 10k on BHZA, a game that doesn't exist and prob won't be finished until 2015/16, preordered Hobbit, another game that doesn't exist ....but a fully functioning prototype P3 "doesn't look good" and you're giving someone crap for pre-ordering that one!? A little hypocritical, no?

P3 is *AMAZING* on a technological level, and the gameplay felt FANTASTIC. Really excited to see how it turns out when it's past the proto stage and turns into a "real" game. Hope the price becomes more reasonable, though.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

That room will fit a lot of pins when you get rid of the pool table. I say "when", not "if". My pool table is now in a storage room. That is a choice that many pinheads have made.

Contemplated this myself. Problem is, it would take a lot of pins to fill that void and I don't need that kind of a maintenance headache.

#366 6 years ago

Also a fan of P3. Refreshenly new concept that has endless possibilities. Greatest thing since P2k.

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Also a fan of P3. Refreshenly new concept that has endless possibilities. Greatest thing since P2k.

Me too. Love it. Could not sign up for stupid monetary reasons but a big supporter of the concept...

#368 6 years ago

yea, I havn't plunked down 10k on it either, as i have a huge problem paying over 6500 for any game. But it's still early. There might be some perks coming with it, that make it worthy of 10k. But the ideas coming with it, are fantastic.

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, I havn't plunked down 10k on it either, as i have a huge problem paying over 6500 for any game. But it's still early. There might be some perks coming with it, that make it worthy of 10k. But the ideas coming with it, are fantastic.

Since it will ship with 2 different upper playfield sections and 2 complete games to support those -- isn't it really two 5k games?

#370 6 years ago

that is true. I just want to see where they go with the artwork and software for both of those. If it truly does feel like 2 completely different games.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You've got a lot of dough down on games that don't exist. Why not buy some real games to enjoy?

Kind of getting used to it! That' why I just added WPT....

I hope the P3 does great, I just don't like the initial looks of it, kind of reminds me of old style video games with a pinball rolling around, cool but let's see what they do with the themes...

I guess he is announcing the first two at Texas festival..

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just don't like the initial looks of it, kind of reminds me of old style video games with a pinball rolling around,

Purely a tech demo.

Still - more than you've seen of BHZA & Hobbit GIVE THEM MONEY!!!!!!

#373 6 years ago

I see them do the same thing now with slot machines in Vegas....they literally change the facing and then the software and instantly have a totally different game.....really cool...

Not sure how you change the cab, backbox etc.. to do the same thing on a pin

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

GIVE THEM MONEY!!!!!!

Hehehe...you go first! I've put down my share of up front dough...if it looks really cool with great themes in a few weeks at the show then who knows, I've been known to fund other ventures!

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that is true. I just want to see where they go with the artwork and software for both of those. If it truly does feel like 2 completely different games.

Neo, if i win the one being given away at the Texas Pinball Festival you are more than welcome to come up to give it a whirl.

#376 6 years ago

i've played it at expo, but would love to play a finished version.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hehehe...you go first! I've put down my share of up front dough...if it looks really cool with great themes in a few weeks at the show then who knows, I've been known to fund other ventures!

No way. I've spent stupid money on pinball, but I gotta draw the line somewhere...I'd never spend 10k on a game. It's "A GAME". I love P3 and look forward to seeing more, but I have enough pinball in my life - if I never bought another new game, I wouldn't lose sleep.

5 months later
#378 6 years ago

10,000 by christmas

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
There are 378 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside