• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hoping to see some gameplay links here.

#2 9 years ago

Darn got my hopes up for new vids.

#3 9 years ago

Is it here...or maybe over there....nope...damn!

#5 9 years ago

Thanks for sharing the link.

#6 9 years ago

Nice. But did multi ball seem a bit easy to achieve?

#7 9 years ago

Looks great ! Can't wait to see the new PF art in a game as well... That's going to tie it all in...

Give us a shout to get your BEST pricing on a Hobbit LE or Smaug Gold SE !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Authorized Jersey Jack Pinball Distributor
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Akitostarwind:

Nice. But did multi ball seem a bit easy to achieve?

I'm sure it will get more difficult with code. right now you simply have to roll the ball over 4 lock buttons however with woz there were substantially more letters to roll over to activate lock so i'm sure Keiffer will be programing something in here to make it more difficult

#9 9 years ago

The new lighting makes the gameplay more exciting IMO. One can tell even with this very early code. Keith will make this pinballmachine a winner!

#10 9 years ago

When is this game supposed to ship again? If they are making changes this late into the game, I would expect to see shipments in 2nd quarter 2015 at the earliest.

#11 9 years ago

Keith and Ted on rules: PERFECT! But also we have to remember DAVID THIEL. Without great sound, a game like this would not be a great experience.
Needless to say, all JJP crew is of course important.

#12 9 years ago

Thanks for the vid

#13 9 years ago

Here is another video. It's Jen playing.

#14 9 years ago

At 3:00 exactly one of the trolls takes a light hit from the back and scores it. So it seems likely that the popups register hits in both directions. This is very good news, as that drastically increases their programmability and fun factor!

#15 9 years ago

Perhaps the troll time elapsed and it dropped on its on?

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Perhaps the troll time elapsed and it dropped on its on?

Possible, I thought of that too. The score does go up right at that instant, so that's hopeful to the theory that it scored (though it is the end of the multiball and there could have been some late scoring). I've watched it 30 or more times. I'm really hoping it scored, as that would be big news.

#17 9 years ago

I doubt there is a hit switch behind the pop up targets. I know they modified the cages (which looks great) for the pop up targets to reduce their depth a bit but the only hit switch is behind the target face. I think that's perfect as it would seem like a cheap shot to have deflected balls hit the back of the target and count.

The game is coming along nicely. Nice updates since expo. Well done team JJP.

Quoted from heckheck:

At 3:00 exactly one of the trolls takes a light hit from the back and scores it. So it seems likely that the popups register hits in both directions. This is very good news, as that drastically increases their programmability and fun factor!

#18 9 years ago

It registered hits on the back when I was playing it this week. Don't know if the vibration causes the switch to score or if it has multiple switches.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

but the only hit switch is behind the target face.

Do you know this as a fact, or are you speculating like me?

I think that's perfect as it would seem like a cheap shot to have deflected balls hit the back of the target and count.

A switch is just an input. It's always up to software what to count, and when to count it. If they did put a switch on the back, they could choose to score it only at specific times/circumstances/modes, thus your worry over deflected balls scoring would not be relevant.

#20 9 years ago

I guess we'll have to see what the game looks like when they can actually show the software. Last months version seemed to have non-stop drop target resets. This one they do not move at all in the video above?

And this is nitpicky, but I don't remember a bunch of wargs popping up in the Smaug Battle in the movie, but that appears to be happening nonstop in the Smaug multiball? Guessing this is just placeholder stuff to show of what's under the hood, but who knows (those that do can't talk).

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

It registered hits on the back when I was playing it this week. Don't know if the vibration causes the switch to score or if it has multiple switches.

What is your thoughts on the game after playing it?

#22 9 years ago

I doubt there is a hit switch behind the pop up targets. I know they modified the cages (which looks great) for the pop up targets to reduce their depth a bit but the only hit switch is behind the target face. I think that's perfect as it would seem like a cheap shot to have deflected balls hit the back of the target and count.

I think it's a huge miss if they don't use the opportunity to purposely hit the back of the targets using the U-turn ramp. Early speculation that this led to a subway on the back of the pop-ups was wicked, but if there were spots where you had to hit the backs via the U-turn, that would still be cool.

#23 9 years ago

The game is coming along nicely. Nice updates since expo. Well done team JJP.

Incorrect. Watch the video Hits register from the rear of the targets as well.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

watched it 30 or more times.

It's only pinball

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Incorrect. Watch the video Hits register from the rear of the targets as well.

Are there more than one sensor in the popups? Or are they unable to determine whether they have been hit from behind or from the "faceside"?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-gameplay-iaapa-post-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.