DSC_5499.JPG
White-Water_0002_Upper-Playfield.jpg
303510.jpg
303511.jpg
playfield.jpg
images-1.jpg
smaug.jpg
Untitled-779.png
There are 508 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hold i'll fix. Did you try to check out as a guest? Create an account.

Fixed!

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I am trying to order one on the new site but it keeps telling me I need a shipping method and I can't click anything to choose one.

I fixed this. Just create an account

#303 9 years ago

I was in, then I was out, and now I AM BACK IN AGAIN. This game looks awesome! Order placed on the new website.
Thanks JJP and especially Alex!
Jim

#304 9 years ago

God darn canadian bears

#305 9 years ago

Decals are $400 for upgrade, what are they sold separately? Why not get the regular decals and a backup set for the same money?

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I fixed this. Just create an account

I did it. First order on the new site placed!
Thanks,
Jim

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Yes, I tried both. It has my address and I am logged in. Edit: It is now working!

Thank you for bringing it to my attention I'm paying attention to the site. I coded functions of it in a hurry while working on hobbit stuff so please bare with me.

#308 9 years ago

What do the Orc, Spider, etc. pop ups do? Can you shoot them in the back?

--Luke

#309 9 years ago

Alex, the root domain is redirecting to the support site rather than www subdomain

#310 9 years ago

Like to know if the book moves or is just static? (reminds me of Playboy centrefold for some reason)

#311 9 years ago

Cool thanks

#312 9 years ago

yep. I'm one of the 240! This is great!

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

Alex, the root domain is redirecting to the support site rather than www subdomain

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com shouldn't be redirecting? Unless of course you are using a 10 year old browser Download chrome or firefox.

#316 9 years ago

Don't you mean order late? The quickest one to get one isn't to preorder, it's to buy a normal one from a distributor in January.

#317 9 years ago

Yeah this is really cool. Thanks for doing this!!

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

How is does the player controlled divertor work? How is the extra weight on the playfield reinforced? What does the button on the apron do? Divertor? or fire button?

Button on the lock bar is the diverter control I was told. I was pushing for two buttons, one on the side in addition to the lockbar one. Maybe if enough folks think that is important they will add it, but maybe Keith has some vision as to why he doesn't want one.

#319 9 years ago

So Smaug doesn't do anything directly to the ball?

#320 9 years ago

So Smaug is interactive? I saw him spin around, an open his mouth to make noise... he doesn't eat or spit out a ball or anything though, correct?

#321 9 years ago

So balls don't go in or out of Smaug's mouth?

He just moves his lips and rotates from behind the mountain to be revealed?

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So Smaug is interactive? I saw him spin around, an open his mouth to make noise... he doesn't eat or spit out a ball or anything though, correct?

Exactly.

Not an interactive toy.

#323 9 years ago

yeah thought there would be some kinda ball lock with smaug

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I think he speaks to you.

#325 9 years ago

Thanks again for the feed!

#326 9 years ago

Thank you Jared for the stream.

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.
Not an interactive toy.

That would be disappointing.

#328 9 years ago

ah, and the knockers begin. He talks, not since Rudy have we had a talker.

#329 9 years ago

Appears Smaug is decorative, interacts indirectly. Simulated fire with lighting, talks. Not the interaction we were anticipating but still pretty cool.

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What really?! Eating/spitting balls was a given no!?

#331 9 years ago

Jared, thanks for spending the time to get the footage!

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I think he speaks to you.

Yeah, I saw that -and it looks pretty cool. 100 million times better than the Homers head in TSPP, that's for sure.
To be honest, unless he flew around the play field, I was probably going to be left hoping for more.
Like being told that you're about to see "the best movie ever made" and getting your hopes up too high I suppose.
I'd love to get my hands on one of these to play though. Looking forward to the reviews from those at expo who get to play it.

#333 9 years ago

I think smaug can shoot balls out of his mouth down over the coins on the playfield. In different angles.

#334 9 years ago

So Alex, I'm a little confused about GI lights.

Are they white only, but individually controlled/dimmed?

Also, any new info regarding the role of network connectivity, if any?

#335 9 years ago

Thanks Jared. Really enjoyed it.

#336 9 years ago

it says on the brochure that he can steal your pinballs, not sure how it does that, but it says it right there on the brochure on the new site.

#337 9 years ago

Didn't Jack say Smaug would have "Extreme" interaction with the ball?

#338 9 years ago

I think the rights holders had heartburn with Smaug eating the ball or being used as a bash toy...

#339 9 years ago

Thanks Jared for the live steam coverage! That was awesome.

Also, I thought for sure we would be firing balls into Smaug? Does the divertor near Smaug just drop balls straight into the subway or will they go into Smaugs mouth?

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

I think the rights holders had heartburn with Smaug eating the ball or being used as a bash toy...

^^ This. They wanted neither. They said Smaug doesn't eat pinballs in the movie and doesn't get "based" either.

#341 9 years ago

I've missed the video of hobbit flipping. Lots of threads and I can't seem to find it. Would someone be kind enough to post a link?

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you look at the pic on the JJP facebook, it SURE appears that his throat is the right size and shape for balls to go through.

My guess is that he will be a dino ball eater like on JP, but one that can fire the ball back out... and decide where he's firing it.

I have no earthly idea however, just based on how similar that FB pic looks to my JP dino.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

it says on the brochure that he can steal your pinballs, not sure how it does that, but it says it right there on the brochure on the new site.

Probably just referring to ball lock which drops the ball in front of the Smaug toy and then sends it to the VUK. Smaug himself isn't interactive with the ball. He spins around and his mouth moves to simulate talking along with a red flasher to simulate fire. Still very cool though!

#344 9 years ago

Why is everyone so fixated on balls going into a mouth!

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

^^ This. They wanted neither. They said Smaug doesn't eat pinballs in the movie and doesn't get "based" either.

Well, never mind what I just said then. Darn. The (pinball) world needs more JP dinos.

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I only know this because Jack told me himself..... I know other stuff but some things are better left unsaid...

#347 9 years ago

So which one to get? Stay with the LE or jump over to the SE?

#348 9 years ago

I'm sure the balls get fired out of his mouth, it's pretty clear that's what everyone has been expecting from the beginning (i.e. JP to an entire different level).

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I've missed the video of hobbit flipping. Lots of threads and I can't seem to find it. Would someone be kind enough to post a link?

Check out the vids on jared's ustream feed http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#350 9 years ago

Looks interactive to me and also like smaug shoots the balls from his mouth. Pretty badass if that's the case.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 508 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-expo-qa/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.