(Topic ID: 106505)

Hobbit Expo Gamplay Videos (Post Here Please)

By Goronic

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HobbitScore.jpg
Expo 645.JPG
Expo 642.JPG
IMG_0656.jpg
IMG_0671.jpg
IMG_0655.jpg
IMG_0654.jpg
IMG_0653.jpg
IMG_0675.jpg
image-889.jpg
20141017_164018.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seeker939.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Even with the underwhelming book toy and a less detailed looking Smaug than many hoped for .. you should probably still at least play a game yourself before ever considering cancelling. You've waited this long ... at least get your hands on it. I don't think there is hardly anything fun to look at in ST but some people seem to still think the game is a ton of fun.

You keep saying many are disappointed with the detail of Smaug, which is such a non-issue compared to the major problems. Smaug doesn't live up to the hype in regards of (not) interacting on a mechanical level. I think that is the major cause of disappointment. Too bad that there's nothing on the table to make up for it:

* The only innovation are the individual drop targets. They are kinda nice, sure... they're just not THAT nice.
* There's a lot going on UNDER the playfield. Much of it doesn't show. TH just doesn't look very interesting and nothing you see looks particularly new, cool or special.
* There's nothing that ties the different elements of the table together. Smaug body? Mountain? Bag End? There's much room for improvement, literally.
* So far the flow of the game seems ok, not great. Half of the center shots don't make it up the ramp and the upper right flipper is completely useless.

People keep saying that the stuff we can't see (code, sound) will make up for everything that's missing right now, but that's bs. It doesn't change the fact that the table as is is a big disappointment. I mean, come on, by that logic all we'd need are whitewoods.
Sure, a crappy table with great code is better than a crappy table with crappy code. But this is not what we expected from JJP.

You can have tons of fun on tables that cost significantly less than TH. What I want to see is a gameplay video that shows why folks should buy this game when they can get a JP and a LOTR and still save a couple bucks.
Jack's convinced TH is the best thing since sliced bread? Show us!

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

there have been barren playfields that have turned into great games. AFM, i'm looking right at you.
That being said, i would like to see more actual physical "stuff" for my money.

Seems you aggree with me. Btw. I don't even think there should necessarily be more stuff on the PF. But when there's not much to look at, what you do see has to be all the more convincing. So far that's not the case with TH. (I'm saying this as someone who actually likes the photoshop art and the Smaug figure.)

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

New videos anyone?

There you go. Just found it on youtube.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

That's more of looking at guys asses then seeing anything hobbit related lol

And what have YOU contributed today, funny guy?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seeker939.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-expo-gamplay-videos-post-here-please?tu=seeker939 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.