(Topic ID: 106505)

Hobbit Expo Gamplay Videos (Post Here Please)

By Goronic

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HobbitScore.jpg
Expo 645.JPG
Expo 642.JPG
IMG_0656.jpg
IMG_0671.jpg
IMG_0655.jpg
IMG_0654.jpg
IMG_0653.jpg
IMG_0675.jpg
image-889.jpg
20141017_164018.jpg
There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

I would expect to get several posts of video from gameplay of the hobbit at the 2014 Expo. Can we collect them here so we don't have to bounce between so many threads?

Here is one:

#2 9 years ago

Flippers look a little weak

#3 9 years ago

I'm getting very annoyed by all the folks at expo who are apparently just having fun and not thinking of those of us who couldn't make it, lol.

More videos!

#5 9 years ago

The first video on your page (26 seconds long) ... look at the last 3 seconds of the video. It appears the game locks up and the video cuts out? You can see the reflection in the lcd that the ball was still in play and someone says "oh oh"??

#6 9 years ago

"Well that could've been worse!"

You'll see what I mean after listening to the vids.

#7 9 years ago

Looking forward to some good videos!
-mof

#8 9 years ago

I'm waiting for the dragon to say, "Hey Bucko!" or perhaps, "Go Play on the Steps!"

It also reminds me of miniature golf in Sunnyvale and hitting the ball into a dragon's mouth in the 80's. However, I can't tell whether the ball goes in or out of the mouth? I presume, out only? and onto the field?

-mof

#9 9 years ago

I can't believe that there aren't any decent game play videos yet.

Please, someone post a good video of Hobbit's game play!

Thanks for starting this thread Goronic.

#10 9 years ago

Here is a couple I just took.

The upload to pinside iisnt working so youtube links
HOBBIT 1 of 2.:

20141017_164018.jpg20141017_164018.jpg
#11 9 years ago

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

Here is a couple I just took.
The upload to pinside iisnt working so youtube links
HOBBIT 1 of 2.: » YouTube video

20141017_164018.jpg 167 KB

You just have the one video? And I'm assuming Koz is going for some sort of skill shot there? What exactly is going on?

#13 9 years ago

Here is the other one.

Hobbit 2 of 2:

#14 9 years ago

Looks like fun. What does koz think of the game, if you don't mind asking him for me/us?

#15 9 years ago

The drop targets are insane the way they cycle through. It'll be a blast when it's finished.

#16 9 years ago

Here is the other one.
Hobbit 2 of 2: » YouTube video

That's probably the best video we've seen yet. Thanks!

#17 9 years ago

Here is the other one.
Hobbit 2 of 2: » YouTube video

Thanks for the best video so far. As the code progresses it will be interesting to see how active those drop targets are going to be.

#18 9 years ago

The flow of the ramps looks fantastic.

#19 9 years ago

Awesome video. Appreciate it. Once you get a chance can you give us some context on what we are seeing? What is the goal with the cycling drop targets? Looks really cool though. Also if you get a chance player controlled diverter? Is it active yet?

#20 9 years ago

The room lighting at expo is so bright that the vids are really quite washed out. You would think they would be happy to shut off 50% of the juice to the ceiling lights.

#21 9 years ago

The cycling drop targets are a cool idea, though I'm not sure I would be able to listen to them clicking like that, it might drive me nuts....I was watching wondering what the hell that clicking was before I realized they were cycling. The game doesn't appear to be lightning fast, just an observation.

#22 9 years ago

WOW. The last video makes me wonder if the LE TWD I have on order would have been better spent here. Looks like GREAT flow!

#23 9 years ago

Best video yet. Not sure what the purpose of the side flipper is though. I wonder if Smaug's movements are finalized. A little "jumpy" not smooth. Probably the mechanism but would be cool if they used a servo type mechanism and had him move more smoothly.

Anyone know the function of the button on the front?

#24 9 years ago

Is it me or is the clicking sound of the cycling drop targets really loud? That's even with the glass on & with all the background music blaring. Looks awesome tho!

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Is it me or is the clicking sound of the cycling drop targets really loud? That's even with the glass on & with all the background music blaring. Looks awesome tho!

Those drops are cool as hell, but yeah they are loud. They better be the designed like a brick shithouse and need no tweaking or they could be a huge source of problems. Even still they are by far the most enticing feature of an otherwise lackluster game.

#26 9 years ago

Does the pinging sound effect of the axes not bother anyone else? After 2 minutes I started hoping there would be an option to turn off that sound effect. I think the axes are very cool ... just not the sound over and over (especially during multiball).

#27 9 years ago

image-889.jpgimage-889.jpg

#28 9 years ago
#29 9 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Any thoughts on how this compares to the LOTR pin?

nothing compares with LOTR.

#30 9 years ago
#31 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

nothing compares with LOTR.

I think this game will eventually match or exceed it considering that Keith is doing the code and over 30 modes will be in the game. LOTR has 6 movie mission modes, 3 movie multiball modes, Destroy The Ring mini wizard mode, Ring Frenzy multiball, There and Back Again mini wizard mode, and the Valinor wizard mode. Maybe I'm missing one or two. Let's say that's 13-15 modes for the ones I may be missing. The Hobbit will have more then double the modes of LOTR and it's Keith that is creating them.

With that being said I hope we see some things polished up on The Hobbit such as the Smaug area (will there be more of him?), the book (where's the LCD toy instead of the book?) and the apron (what happened to the interactive map rumored to be on the apron?).

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With that being said I hope we see some things polished up on The Hobbit such as the Smaug area (will there be more of him?), the book (where's the LCD toy instead of the book?) and the apron (what happened to the interactive map rumored to be on the apron?).

hope you are right.

hobbit could be a great game.
it's gonna be hard to top LOTR, i still think it the best rule sheet outhere, best integration, imo it's keith's best work yet but with him behind the hobbit, it could happen.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Does the pinging sound effect of the axes not bother anyone else? After 2 minutes I started hoping there would be an option to turn off that sound effect. I think the axes are very cool ... just not the sound over and over (especially during multiball).

Yes its bad just like the ding in woz, hopefully you can turn that off.

#34 9 years ago

Not sure who will be polishing things up? Balcer was gone months ago and the game is not far from production. I suspect this is part of why it looks so unpolished.

#35 9 years ago

I find it hard to believe that is final product and very curious sometimes that these guys don't come up with better stuff, I would love to see what Aurich would have done with the Smaug toy, given the same budget even. I will say the sound is incredible and that's from substandard video, in house and loud should be greatness. I'm getting an TWDLE and like the look of the game but that well walker should be more like Iron Monger and raise up, didn't anyone suggest this, how much more could it have cost and I think when you paying almost $9000 no one would have minded paying a couple hundred more for that, or am I way off on how much the mechanism would cost?

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

Awesome video. Appreciate it. Once you get a chance can you give us some context on what we are seeing? What is the goal with the cycling drop targets? Looks really cool though. Also if you get a chance player controlled diverter? Is it active yet?

I played it some too. KOZ has already started the multiball in the second video. The cycling drops are cool. Each drop can be both raised and lowered by the software. Not sure what the rules are for the cycling drops. In the first vid he is trying to plunge to roll over the L O C K rollovers. After you get all 4 you shoot the right ramp to lock the ball.

The game shoots nice and seems to have good geometry. I have a LOTR and this is less clunky IMO. The fidelity of the sound seemed very good. So far this game is impressive.

#37 9 years ago

Hobbit video courtesy of Lorenzo.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

» YouTube video

"This Video is Private"
-mof

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

"This Video is Private"
-mof

How about now? Should be good.

#40 9 years ago

sent u one more crazy to post for me

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

» YouTube video

Haha. With my skills, I'm sure I'll be hearing Smaug say that a lot!

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Haha. With my skills, I'm sure I'll be hearing Smaug say that a lot!

its on one ball....i watch dudes locking balls getting multiball killing a one ball play for five min...then i walk up flip flip drain ok whos next lol

#43 9 years ago

i found this save feature by accident..had no idea it was thereIMG_0675.jpgIMG_0675.jpg

#44 9 years ago

One more new video from Lorenzo!

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

i found this save feature by accident..had no idea it was there

IMG_0675.jpg 170 KB

by the way if no one noticed the long metal rib on this apron picture, those are led strips in the front of the apron with diflectors from the player but lighting up the lower play field more

#46 9 years ago

In addition to video feel free to post HD pictures (close ups welcome) of the playfield.

Thanks guys!

#47 9 years ago

IMG_0655.jpgIMG_0655.jpgIMG_0654.jpgIMG_0654.jpgIMG_0653.jpgIMG_0653.jpg

#50 9 years ago

Wow that third flipper does nothing. I would assume Keith will make the targets in front of smaug worth shooting at but why not just shoot from the lower flippers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-expo-gamplay-videos-post-here-please/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.