• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gandalf.jpg
bilbo.jpg
the-hobbit-poster.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

It is looking likely that the Hobbit will be made into a pinball game......both Stern and JJP want the license. Vague rumors that Jack may have it.

Anyway, as it is a licensed theme, time to look at the movie artwork to start getting an idea of what may be used for the pin!

Here is the first poster.......what do people think?

the-hobbit-poster.jpgthe-hobbit-poster.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Like we never left... From the "FUTURE", that is!

#3 12 years ago

Well it's going to look like the previous LOTR films isn't it? Could you tell me what the LOTR trilogy 'looked like' anyway? Also, since when did the look of a film necessarily dictate the look of a pinball. Have you seen BDK?

I suppose the look of the LOTR pinball was sort of based on parchment maps, grassy areas, and a volcanic area and lots of photographs of the cast. The Hobbit could take any number of ideas from the story and make them the main area of the playfield or mini playfields.

I just hope they don't use huge pictures of Martin Freeman on the cabinet and backglass. Why can't we just have big graphics and shapes and the name of the pin?

#4 12 years ago

PRAY 1 JJ gets its.... But it would be great at the same time if Stern could make a game as good as LOTR... What a pair they would be side by side

#5 12 years ago

Don't mind actors on the side art but would prefer back glass to feature no actors!

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

PRAY 1 JJ gets its.... But it would be great at the same time if Stern could make a game as good as LOTR... What a pair they would be side by side

I'd love to see JJ get the license. The Hobbit deserves the quality I've seen so far going into WoZ.

Brian

#7 12 years ago

JJP has the license, this I know......

#8 12 years ago

Now I'm tempted to buy a NIB pin.

#9 12 years ago

So this is probably JJP's next pin or number 3....I thought he said he was doing an unlicensed pin for number 2.....

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

JJP has the license, this I know......

Quoted for truth.

#11 12 years ago

#3, number two will be unlicensed or a simple license which will be kid friendly, yet nostalgic for 30 something's

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

#3, number two will be unlicensed or a simple license which will be kid friendly, yet nostalgic for 30 something's

jack said it was unlicensed (if i remember correctly)... kid friendly, hope not, woz is already too friendly. we need something new, and why kid friendly, i don't think kids care too much about pinballs anyway.

can you elaborate please, how come you know?

#13 12 years ago

Jack came to the table offering $200 per machine for the license. Stern wouldn't touch that number.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Jack came to the table offering $200 per machine for the license. Stern wouldn't touch that number.

Best news I've heard in a while!

#15 12 years ago

It's a little disappointing that Stern didn't get it, if that is true. LOTR and the Hobbit would look great side by side.

#16 12 years ago

Other than Gomez just about everyone that was involved with LOTR is with JJP now. So for my money JJP is the company I'd prefer to have make The Hobbit into a pin.

#17 12 years ago

How about a video mode on the LCD where you get to shoot pinballs at the dragon?!

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

It's a little disappointing that Stern didn't get it, if that is true. LOTR and the Hobbit would look great side by side.

I disagree. I think JJP will do a better job, create a pin with cutting edge technology and in the end we will have a better Hobbit pin this way.

#19 12 years ago

Lotr next to a Hobbit pin will look great no matter who makes it. We might have, what, 4 new pins in 2012? Wow.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

kwiKimart said:It's a little disappointing that Stern didn't get it, if that is true. LOTR and the Hobbit would look great side by side.
I disagree. I think JJP will do a better job, create a pin with cutting edge technology and in the end we will have a better Hobbit pin this way.

It will also be more expensive.

#21 12 years ago

It's a little disappointing that Stern didn't get it?

Why would you say that? I'd much rather see JJP get it as they seem to be going for quality...

I'm dissapointed you haven't made it to Alien Invasion, but love TSPP so much...you are missing one of the best parts of the games...right orbit, tv mode, right orbit, tv mode...its not that hard..plus the mystery target will spot you tv modes alot of times...

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Other than Gomez just about everyone that was involved with LOTR is with JJP now. So for my money JJP is the company I'd prefer to have make The Hobbit into a pin.

quoted for truth

#23 12 years ago

big expectations for this one.....

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It is looking likely that the Hobbit will be made into a pinball game......both Stern and JJP want the license. Vague rumors that Jack may have it.
Anyway, as it is a licensed theme, time to look at the movie artwork to start getting an idea of what may be used for the pin!

Attachments the-hobbit-poster.jpg (77.6 KB, 0 downloads) 13 hours old

I'll throw My info in the mix. Stern has exclusive Warner Bros. first right to refusal on licenses. They declined The Hobbit. JJP did secure it and will be made as late 2013 when the 2nd film comes out.
It's a good choice for JJP. I'll support that pin . Love Jack's payment plan. Word up homies !

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I'll throw My info in the mix. Stern has exclusive Warner Bros. first right to refusal on licenses. They declined The Hobbit.

L O f_cking L.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

kid friendly, hope not, woz is already too friendly. we need something new, and why kid friendly, i don't think kids care too much about pinballs anyway.

I hear you man. I'm all for trying to extend Pinball to a wider audience but two pins in a row like that is overdoing it a bit IMO.

Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern has exclusive Warner Bros. first right to refusal on licenses. They declined The Hobbit.

Well that seems to be a pretty bad call by Stern then..

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Other than Gomez just about everyone that was involved with LOTR is with JJP now.

I can understand that but Gomez was a very key member if not the key member on the team so kind of goes both ways there. Either way I hope it turns out to be great!

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I can understand that but Gomez was a very key member if not the key member on the team

I doubt George himself would agree with you there.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I respect your opinion there and you may very well be right but a lot of pinball enthusiasts probably wouldn't agree. Maybe not how it should be but probably accurate, designers seem to get the quarter back treatment from fans getting more credit and blame for pins.

#29 12 years ago

mnpinball said:I'll throw My info in the mix. Stern has exclusive Warner Bros. first right to refusal on licenses. They declined The Hobbit.
L O fucking L.

Bait taken and hooked Keith I knew you'd join on the fun.

#30 12 years ago

If Stern gets it the backglass will have a big face of Bilbo, Gandalf, Gollum, the 13 Dwarves and whoever else they can come up with. Just put a big pick of Smog laying waste to the village and I will be happy. Hopefully I will have space in my new home for it, else wise I will have to get rid of one of my keepers and I am not ready to do that right now.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

If Stern gets it the backglass will have a big face of Bilbo, Gandalf, Gollum, the 13 Dwarves and whoever else they can come up with. Just put a big pick of Smog laying waste to the village and I will be happy. Hopefully I will have space in my new home for it, else wise I will have to get rid of one of my keepers and I am not ready to do that right now.

That would only apply to the Pro model.

#32 12 years ago

Very cool.

Quoted from jarjarisgod:Other than Gomez just about everyone that was involved with LOTR is with JJP now. So for my money JJP is the company I'd prefer to have make The Hobbit into a pin.

For this reason I'd be very happy to see it made by JJP. Very cool license. Makes me want to read the book again.

#33 12 years ago

Always like the art work in Ralph Bakshi's Hobbit. Not a chance it will be used, but this still might be my first NIB pin. Very excited about this one.

bilbo.jpgbilbo.jpg gandalf.jpggandalf.jpg

#34 12 years ago

+1.
He said during interviews he wasn't a real fan of the theme.
When they were designing LOTR, he wasn't really interested in learning the characters names, calling Balrog- "That flame/fire-guy" and whatnot...

I guess what truly matters at the end of the day- it became an awesomely deep, fun, pin!

#35 12 years ago

Always like the art work in Ralph Bakshi's Hobbit. Not a chance it will be used, but this still might be my first NIB pin. Very excited about this one.

Attachments gandalf.jpg (13.5 KB, 0 downloads) 32 minutes old bilbo.jpg (10 KB, 0 downloads) 32 minutes old

I always liked his work in Fritz The Cat

#36 12 years ago

And they said I was bad...

#37 12 years ago

this is horse shit.....

#38 12 years ago

Guess he missed the NSFW thread...

#39 12 years ago

Point proven, this stuff is not even remotely related to pinball. The topic is Hobbit Early Artwork - why should we have to expect or see this crap?

#40 12 years ago

Back on topic

There should be a ton of opportunity for a huge number of great modes and I hope Gollum features more prominently than he did in LOTR.

Gollum and LCD could make for some great pinball moments!

#41 12 years ago

I would love to see what JJP has up their sleeves for this one!

#42 12 years ago

Took the Kids to see "Journey"at the IMAX theatre last night. They were running the hobbit trailer in 3D and it looks great.

#43 12 years ago

Would love to see lots of artwork around the dragon, the ring, golum etc ( not so keen on hobbit actors )

When you think LOTR was made 2005 and Hobbit in all likelihood will be 2013 with the same programmer, this has potential to be top 3 of all time. No reason for it not to be better than LOTR.

Can't be released before Dec 2013 as it needs to have clips from the second movie.

May even be time for the unlicensed pin before as it should be much quicker to do, especially if the Hansen whitewood is used. Might be cheaper as well.

Then throw everything into the Hobbit to make it one of the best pins ever made

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

simonakapw said:It is looking likely that the Hobbit will be made into a pinball game......both Stern and JJP want the license. Vague rumors that Jack may have it.
I'll throw My info in the mix. Stern has exclusive Warner Bros. first right to refusal on licenses. They declined The Hobbit. JJP did secure it and will be made as late 2013 when the 2nd film comes out.
It's a good choice for JJP. I'll support that pin . Love Jack's payment plan. Word up homies !

Late 2013 WTF..... Hating all this cockteasing... 2 years?? Bring back the 90s when pins came out every 1-2 months..

#45 12 years ago

I'm not a big fan of LoTR, the game or the books, but I loved the Hobbit. I have my doubts they'll take it back to the lighter, more whimsical style with the movies but who knows.

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

mnpinball said:simonakapw said:It is looking likely that the Hobbit will be made into a pinball game......both Stern and JJP want the license. Vague rumors that Jack may have it.
Late 2013 WTF..... Hating all this cockteasing... 2 years?? Bring back the 90s when pins came out every 1-2 months..

Cockteasing by who ?
The facts are at your fingertips.
1st movie Dec 14 2012
2nd film Dec 13 2013

Why would you want a half baked early pin ?

How would LOTR been with one movie and materials at the designers disposal in the software ?

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Cockteasing by who ?
1st movie Dec 14 2012
2nd film Dec 13 2013

How would LOTR been with one movie and materials at the designers disposal in the software ?

+1

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

RGR said:mnpinball said:simonakapw said:It is looking likely that the Hobbit will be made into a pinball game......both Stern and JJP want the license. Vague rumors that Jack may have it.
Cockteasing by who ?
1st movie Dec 14 2012
2nd film Dec 13 2013

+2!

#49 12 years ago

I see a NIB in my future.

#50 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I see a NIB in my future.

+1

They will have learned so much making WOZ so in theory Hobbit should benefit and be even better. Bet the first 1000 pre-order LE's sell real fast!!! ( hope they use same system as Woz ).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-early-artwork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.