Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Aurich
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

IMO this game will not be a huge seller, I didn't find gameplay all that fun. I'm sure some will love it to death and some will dislike it a lot (like WoZ).

The people that dislike WOZ a lot didn't play it that much. There is so much to that game that I don't see how any pin-head could dislike it. Even if you do hate the theme. I think that Hobbit will be good too, but no way it outsells LOTR purely because of the price.

#27 8 years ago

All fair points fellas. I guess I'm easier to please. I just know that have made the mistake of writing a game off before I gave it a fair shot. Then when I gave it a fair shot (usually with someone that knew it backwards and forwards), I discovered a much better appreciation for the game, even if it wasn't one I would like to own (HS, BBH, Dr. Who to name a few)

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Kind? Kind is saying TOM or TOTAN is a top ten game when the code sucks. Having owned LOTR and Sopranos (which might as well be LOTR rethemed) the game feels incredibly fast when you are dialed in.

Interesting. Sopranos is a grail pin for me, but my wife and I also want a LOTR pretty bad. I wonder if they would not be so great together in a collection?

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Never have seen the show, but I liked the pin. If it is your grail pin, buy it and skip on the LOTR. You will save a chunk of change over the LOTR. It doesn't have the epic feel, but it is a fun game all the same. There used to be a gif transitioning between LOTR and Sopranos to illustrate how close the layouts are.

pretty cool. Well the wife and I played hundreds of games on Sopranos when we first started dating and have recently fell in love with LOTR due to all the members of my pinball league having them. Makes sense as to why we like them both so much seeing as they are so similar in layout.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 7.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-could-outsell-lotr?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.