Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sammy31
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago

Keith said at expo there would be a final wizard mode. And probably Arkenstone mode save states as well. Since arkenstone modes are now easily the save state idea might be scrapped.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't doubt that more code is still coming. The wait sucks but what is already in The Hobbit is remarkable for a pinball machine and I think its already one of the best objective based pins ever made. The game has more code in it then pretty much any other pinball machine ever made. However, its not tying all of the games modes together in an interesting way that is hurting the game right now in my opinion.
Right now there are 31 book modes in the game but only 3 need to be completed to unlock an Arkenstone mode. What about the other 28 book modes? The book modes are awesome, a lot of work went into them, but there needs to be more incentive to play through them. A reward for beating the sets of man, elf and dwarf modes and / or for beating say 5, 10, 15, 20 etc modes would be great to see. The lack of something along those lines is biggest issue I have with the game today.
Also, it would be nice if Beast Frenzy and Feast Frenzy are expanded upon to make them beatable with an option to turn off stacking with Smaug MB so that Smaug MB can be enjoyed on its own.
Oh, the qualifications for reaching an Arkenstone mode are all the same so you have to do the same 4 tasks 3 times to unlock the 3 wizard modes which makes the game feel like a bit of a grind. It would be great to see the qualifications for the 2nd and 3rd Arkenstone modes altered slightly to mix things up.
Finally, a super wizard mode for beating everything would give the game its own "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" equivalent goal.

Completely agree. I think what they could do is tie the modes together in a group, meaning almost make beating the modes a story. For example, if you beat the contract, queer lodgings, and whatever modes are from the beginning of the movies, you would get a "journey multiball" or some clever name. It doesn't even have to be a full MB, it could a two ball deal or something. Plus this way, they could use more of the high quality clips from the movie. There is so much potential here, and I am really keeping my fingers crossed it gets the same treatment as WOZ.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't doubt that more code is still coming. The wait sucks but what is already in The Hobbit is remarkable for a pinball machine and I think its already one of the best objective based pins ever made. The game has more code in it then pretty much any other pinball machine ever made. However, its not tying all of the games modes together in an interesting way that is hurting the game right now in my opinion.
Right now there are 31 book modes in the game but only 3 need to be completed to unlock an Arkenstone mode. What about the other 28 book modes? The book modes are awesome, a lot of work went into them, but there needs to be more incentive to play through them. A reward for beating the sets of man, elf and dwarf modes and / or for beating say 5, 10, 15, 20 etc modes would be great to see. The lack of something along those lines is biggest issue I have with the game today.
Also, it would be nice if Beast Frenzy and Feast Frenzy are expanded upon to make them beatable with an option to turn off stacking with Smaug MB so that Smaug MB can be enjoyed on its own.
Oh, the qualifications for reaching an Arkenstone mode are all the same so you have to do the same 4 tasks 3 times to unlock the 3 wizard modes which makes the game feel like a bit of a grind. It would be great to see the qualifications for the 2nd and 3rd Arkenstone modes altered slightly to mix things up.
Finally, a super wizard mode for beating everything would give the game its own "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" equivalent goal.

Exactly! One more thing for players like myself who aren't great...maybe allow arkenstone modes to be in nonsequential order ala LOTR where each movie multiball is playable in whatever order you qualify them for. At this point I only ever see Into the Fire.

#154 6 years ago

Wheres the new beta code I've heard about on the JJP forums, 1.95? Any idea when it will be released?

#155 6 years ago

One of my only complaints about the code is the lack of or minimal response to certain shots and modes.

The mini wizard modes start dramatically but end with a thud. If you don't succeed the game should make you feel like you failed. Instead it just rolls along like nothing happened.

Another example is the locked ball shot. I can't even tell when it's been hit. There are no noticeable lighting or sound effects when it is struck.

Other shots feel great like hitting the spinner and getting the mode ball lock. You get the instantaneous spinner sounds, then a cool lock animation and sounds.

If they can ever get to 2.0 and then 3.0 I think the game will feel perfect.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I agree with this totally.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-code-19-now-available/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.