Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sammy31
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Is 1.9 a delta update? I just set up my LE tonight and it has 1.31 this game is amazing!

Yes. Just download the update to your PC or MAC, extract the file to the root of a reformatted USB thumb drive and you are ready to go.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes. Just download the update to your PC or MAC, extract the file to the root of a reformatted USB thumb drive and you are ready to go.

Than take that usb and plug it into my game before turning it on?

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Than take that usb and plug it into my game before turning it on?

You can have the game on first, then plug the thumb stick in, go into the menu (I think under utilities) and select USB update.

#54 7 years ago

Yes delta so no don't put in the USB before powerup. Load from the menu after game boots up.

#55 7 years ago

Got to the end of Into The Fire and noticed some really bad sound clipping while there. Not sure if that might have been an issue before cause I hadn't made it to the end w/ victory laps

#56 7 years ago

I completely agree with those that suggested to increase the LOCK difficulty. I was already tired of this games as it was nothing but Smaug multiball and I never felt I got to a mode. I bumped the difficulty up a couple notches (not sure exactly how the locks changed) and now I spend WAY more time in modes than multiball. Still determining if this is a keeper for me, but the experience got instantly better with this one change.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I completely agree with those that suggested to increase the LOCK difficulty. I was already tired of this games as it was nothing but Smaug multiball and I never felt I got to a mode. I bumped the difficulty up a couple notches (not sure exactly how the locks changed) and now I spend WAY more time in modes than multiball. Still determining if this is a keeper for me, but the experience got instantly better with this one change.

Hey cheeks I don't have my game yet but am just curious to know what you changed. Is there actually a 'difficulty' setting in the game or did you have to change individual settings?

Thanks.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hey cheeks I don't have my game yet but am just curious to know what you changed. Is there actually a 'difficulty' setting in the game or did you have to change individual settings?
Thanks.

There's an individual setting for LOCK difficulty, it ranges from like 1 to 7 or so. It defaults to 3 or 4 I think, and I moved it up a couple notches. I only played a game or two so I'm not sure what exactly was different about the lock sequence, but for the first game ever I had the mode lit on the right ramp more often than the lock light on the same ramp. Was much more fun and diverse to play modes than endless multiball.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

There's an individual setting for LOCK difficulty, it ranges from like 1 to 7 or so. It defaults to 3 or 4 I think, and I moved it up a couple notches. I only played a game or two so I'm not sure what exactly was different about the lock sequence, but for the first game ever I had the mode lit on the right ramp more often than the lock light on the same ramp. Was much more fun and diverse to play modes than endless multiball.

I'm assuming it's like WOZ so that you have to roll over the buttons more times to light each one.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Keith previously coded the ability to delay the mb start by using the fire button to switch lock from being lit and changing to "mode" instead.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I'm assuming it's like WOZ so that you have to roll over the buttons more times to light each one.

Nope...I believe on regular settings they are normal for the first two multiballs (stacking locks ok), then you have to spell AND lock a ball before locking another (no stacking lock completions), then I believe the lock buttons go to toggle mode where they switch from off to lit every time each button is hit...light them all at the same time to light a lock (gets pretty tough to do). That will make achieving Arkenstone modes MUCH tougher because you have to play Smaug to get there.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

U know u can postpone the lock , ya?

#63 7 years ago

I use the postpone lock feature with the ring button as part of my strategy. I'll postpone locks until I have finished Beast Frenzy and usually complete my trip to Erebor before I challenge Smaug. Then during Smaug multi ball I'll usually complete a mode or 3 and of course Feast Frenzy starts as well. Then by the time I'm back to one ball Into the Fire will be ready to start.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

U know u can postpone the lock , ya?

But changing the lock difficulty makes ring button management way less frequent, which is better IMO.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Couldn't you just say that if the outhole switch is triggered and the kickback is lit and the previous switch was the left outlane then keep ball in play? Assuming you have access to that kind of data, that seems like it'd give you the desired effect.

This is exactly how it should be done. If the kickback fires & the next switch hit is the ball through then its obvious the kickback failed and a ball should be put back into play.

#66 7 years ago

Well, I really hoped that they had improved the light show a bit in the new code. Just to be clear: It's already looking good. But for example the Wizard Modes could have a bit more going on in terms of lights. At least when you hit a super jackpot there should be a bit more visual feedback. Sth cool good looking. Or when you make it to Victory laps. What do you think?

And sth else: I once killed Smaug (small spoiler alert!) and with that last shot the knocker went off. That was great. It kind of was synchronized to the arrow hitting Smaug. It only happened once so I guess it was due to a Free play reward. But I would like to have that in the code. Similar to when you destroy the ring and the machine goes crazy. Sth like that would be great. The sound when you kill Smaug is much better in the new code.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I use the postpone lock feature with the ring button as part of my strategy. I'll postpone locks until I have finished Beast Frenzy and usually complete my trip to Erebor before I challenge Smaug. Then during Smaug multi ball I'll usually complete a mode or 3 and of course Feast Frenzy starts as well. Then by the time I'm back to one ball Into the Fire will be ready to start.

In honor of this post, I just created a thread dedicated to Hobbit strategy! As a new Hobbit owner, I love the idea of all of the strategy with this game!

#68 7 years ago

Any gameplay vids yet? They help a ton for updating the rulesheet...

#69 7 years ago

I will see if I can record some gameplay tonight for you Tiemasc

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I will see if I can record some gameplay tonight for you Tiemasc

Excellent. Thank you!!!

#71 7 years ago

I'm running an old 1.10 version now. Can I just go to 1.90 delta version or do I need some other full boot file first? Tried looking at support help on JJP site but it references WOZ code numbers.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

I did a stream last night and tonight of it, probably again tomorrow or Sunday. https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/v/96203898

It's going to take a LOT to document all of the feeder modes. So many paths...

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I did a stream last night and tonight of it, probably again tomorrow or Sunday. https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/v/96203898
It's going to take a LOT to document all of the feeder modes. So many paths...

I think at the end of each mode it shows 2 or 3 icons for the feeder bonus.
If they are greyed out you haven't played them mode yet, if they have color in them, you have played them
So I dont think it will take that long, just need to play every mode

2 hours of Footage! I don't think i need to play now! Could you export to Youtube by any chance?

#74 7 years ago

Was hoping to have a Five Armies game before uploading to YouTube. My game is playing so damned hard that I still haven't made it.

There's another 2 hours of footage from tonight! I made the main LCD display larger the second go-around in hopes that it'd be easier to see the feeder modes when presented.

#75 7 years ago

After a 30 minute game I got into Battle of 5 armies, or did I?

NSFW language.

#76 7 years ago

Just had my best game on the new code. Over 4 million, killed Smaug, got all 3 multiballs (got victory laps on barrel escape) and man the Battle of 5 Armies just goes and goes! I kept thinking I had finished it, but the last time I hit the super jackpot I think it required I hit like 30 or 35 beasts. And I did something I've never done in the game before, I was able to use the ring to save the ball when it was only one TINY small line. TOTAL LUCK but awesome to have nailed it! Great job on the code this is truly and epic pin!

#77 7 years ago

Hey CTCMTP: Did your "book" screen go dark during the Battle of Five Armies?

#78 7 years ago

Anyone else getting speaker popping frequently after the 1.9 update?

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I get a little and had a little before too. It sounds like it is clipping at times to me.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Here is 30mins of gameplay. I don't have a proper setup so not sure how useful it will be

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've heard some audio clipping before and after 1.9 as well.

#82 7 years ago

I've heard more clipping as well since the update.

More 1.9 footage:

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I get a little and had a little before too. It sounds like it is clipping at times to me.

It does sound like clipping, but I'm getting it a LOT - like every 10-20 seconds. SUPER annoying. Pre v 1.90 it was maybe a couple times an HOUR. I guess maybe I'll try playing with the levels of various audio, but because it seems to happen when drop targets are reset or popups come up, I'm not sure it's all just audio clipping.

#84 7 years ago

Is there any way to spot Dwarfs other than hitting their corresponding stand-up target? This is always my 5th of the 5 categories to complete because I have difficulty hitting the Dwarfs at the far edges.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It does sound like clipping, but I'm getting it a LOT - like every 10-20 seconds. SUPER annoying. Pre v 1.90 it was maybe a couple times an HOUR. I guess maybe I'll try playing with the levels of various audio, but because it seems to happen when drop targets are reset or popups come up, I'm not sure it's all just audio clipping.

Nothing like that for me just a couple spots where it does it. When I lock the first ball for Smaug I get it and I forget the others. Sounds like you may have something loose?

#86 7 years ago

I noticed some clipping for the first time today during Battle of Five Armies. It was the 6th time I got to play the mode and I got much farther this time. The clipping happened late in the mode.
Also, can anyone please confirm that they are seeing the same issue that I am during this mode? My "Book" screen always goes dark during this mode. It starts right up again after the mode finishes.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Also, can anyone please confirm that they are seeing the same issue that I am during this mode? My "Book" screen always goes dark during this mode. It starts right up again after the mode finishes.

Yes, the screen is blank during it.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Is there any way to spot Dwarfs other than hitting their corresponding stand-up target?

There's a spot dwarf mystery award and a way, I believe, to spot another via the newton ball.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Nothing like that for me just a couple spots where it does it. When I lock the first ball for Smaug I get it and I forget the others. Sounds like you may have something loose?

Maybe I just need to go and rebalance the internal levels of the fanfare, music, callouts, etc. Maybe it was always there, but 1.90 just made it more noticeable. It seems like the software should have internal programmed limits to prevent clipping from making to the amp/speakers.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe I just need to go and rebalance the internal levels of the fanfare, music, callouts, etc. Maybe it was always there, but 1.90 just made it more noticeable. It seems like the software should have internal programmed limits to prevent clipping from making to the amp/speakers.

FWIW I have not adjusted any of the sound settings on mine, they are all factory.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Hey CTCMTP: Did your "book" screen go dark during the Battle of Five Armies?

I honestly don't know, not sure I looked up at the book at all. Next time I get to it, I'll definitely try and find out

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

FWIW I have not adjusted any of the sound settings on mine, they are all factory.

I think I turned up the music or voice initially, but not much. I'll experiment (or maybe put it back to factory settings and see if that fixes it).

#92 7 years ago

After turning down all the sound choices (relative to each other) it seems to have fixed it.

Rather than let the 4 sound areas be independently adjusted to levels that can cause major clipping, the game should give you 100 TOTAL "sound points" to distribute as you like across the sound categories, with the 100 being below the threshold where any clipping can ever happen. That way you can distribute them as you like and it will never ever clip. The way it is now is kind of mental.

That said, I did have a lockup (hard lock on the screen, machine unresponsive, but playfield insert lightshow still going on), and a ball trapped (probably from an airball) at the spotlight above the right targets. It's always something...

#93 7 years ago

FalconPunch and Troz --> Thank you for the videos... they are helping immensely for figuring out the new rules... and details of feeder modes, how the bonuses are working, cleaning up mode specific details, etc.

#94 7 years ago

Hi, this rule don't work for the mod "One ring "

1. Timer Bonus (not shown on total screen right now): Each second you
have left when you win a mode gets added to MULTIPLIABLE bonus.
The points earned are 1+2+3... for each second you have remaining.

#95 7 years ago

I'm thinking I might wait for an additional week or two before I update to 1.9... just to see if an update to the update is provided.

Thoughts? Make sense?

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

I'm thinking I might wait for an additional week or two before I update to 1.9... just to see if an update to the update is provided.
Thoughts? Make sense?

I say update now and enjoy. It doesn't take long, it's a delta update so it doesn't wipe your scores or anything, and so far it seems to be fairly bug free...

You never know...it could be a couple weeks until the next update, or a couple months. I think it was about 2.5 months between 1.31 and 1.9.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi, this rule don't work for the mod "One ring "
1. Timer Bonus (not shown on total screen right now): Each second you
have left when you win a mode gets added to MULTIPLIABLE bonus.
The points earned are 1+2+3... for each second you have remaining.

There is no countdown timer associated with "The One Ring" mode... only a hurry-up point countdown so that makes sense (to me at least).

1 month later
#98 7 years ago

Just updated to 1.9 on my brand new machine after playing out of the box at 1.31 and it won't send an initial ball to the plunger. It does its check of all the drop targets and figures but doesn't cycle the ball. All 5 balls are loaded in the launcher. Any suggestions? Thanks!

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from brocksbricks:

Just updated to 1.9 on my brand new machine after playing out of the box at 1.31 and it won't send an initial ball to the plunger. It does its check of all the drop targets and figures but doesn't cycle the ball. All 5 balls are loaded in the launcher. Any suggestions? Thanks!

On my new Hobbit after a few games it stopped loading balls, turns out it was a bad solder joint on the coil that came loose. Quick fix. Check all the wiring to make sure nothing came loose in transit.

Does seem suspicious it happened after the update but it may or may not be related.

#100 7 years ago

My Hobbit has the latest code and is not very old (born on date of early August 2016). The LED strip in the backbox (to light the backglass) seems completely dead. The solder points look good and nothing else seems loose. Thoughts anyone?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-code-19-now-available/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.