Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

grader_hk_(resized).jpg
Hobbit_debris_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I noticed there is a chip or something under the mylar protecting one of the play field pop up trolls. Should I leave it alone or pull the mylar and replace it. Worried I will make it worse.

Thanks,

Rich

Pic attached - look at upper left.

Hobbit_debris_(resized).JPGHobbit_debris_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Burn it........burn it with fire.

If it bothers you that much then try to fix it. I'm having a hard time seeing it but if it is what I think it is I'd leave it alone.

#3 7 years ago

If you think thats bad look at the playfield on the back side of the beast flaps. Just rubbing through the clearcoat.

#4 7 years ago

I concur you should leave well enough alone. If there is a chip then you would want to freeze off the Mylar with freeze spray so not to pull on the chip. It can be tricky and its not an exact science.

#5 7 years ago

OMG the game is junk sell it to me....I'll give ya $1000 for that piece of junk. Seriously just leave it alone, with the mylar over it it won't get any worse. 99.99999999999999999 % of people will never notice it.

#6 7 years ago

.............where is it ???................

#7 7 years ago

That's uber small ( and I'm pretty OCD about details ). Just unboxed our HBLE and our distributor is helping us resolve our several cosmetic manufacturing concerns. If it's bothering you, shoot a note to your distributor and perhaps JJP can send you a new mylar sheet to reapply.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

Should I leave it alone or pull the mylar and replace it.

Pull the mylar and replace the playfield. I'm sure they will send one right out!

#9 7 years ago

I wouldn't. It took me a while to see it. Just play and have fun.

#10 7 years ago

It took me a while but I found it! No biggie just ignore it.

#11 7 years ago

Put me on the list of "just ignore it" people. It sucks, I get it, but you really won't notice it over time. Games get little dings and dents, some have them out of the box. Sorry though man, it's frustrating to have it happen so quickly.

#12 7 years ago

Realise that it is not the trolls fault he is that way. He was created from dark forces . I'd blame the wizard

#13 7 years ago

dont' worry about it, I freeze sprayed mylar off a game once and it lifted the paint off in several areas. Would you rather have that little spot or take the chance of having paint come off with the mylar and it will really be noticable

#14 7 years ago

What would I do? If I had eyes like the OP I'd be a diamond grader, or would be hitting a major league fastball...

grader_hk_(resized).jpggrader_hk_(resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago

If it doesnt affect the ball or play in any way, ignore it. 2 years from now it wont really matter as the game gets dimpled up and broken in.

#16 7 years ago

Nothing...just play the game and enjoy it. That's not even worth noting. I have a similar one in my WOZ and Mylar isn't even covering it. It looks the same today as the day I got it.

#17 7 years ago

Good advice and easy to follow. Thx.

#18 7 years ago

I'd blame Stern.
(Seriously, looks pretty minor to me. Enjoy some Hobbit!)

#19 7 years ago

Heaven forbid a playfield ever shows any sign of wear.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nothing...just play the game and enjoy it. That's not even worth noting. I have a similar one in my WOZ and Mylar isn't even covering it. It looks the same today as the day I got it.

I agree. It seems small enough where -- from the player's perspective -- you wouldn't notice it at all unless you look closely. Even then, this appears to be extremely minor and something that I wouldn't worry about at all personally. I'd say just let it be, and only consider doing something if this tiny blemish somehow gets worse/more noticeable.

#21 7 years ago

If it gets worse perhaps they will be sending out stickers to cover it up if it is a common problem.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If it gets worse perhaps they will be sending out stickers to cover it up if it is a common problem.

There is nothing that the mighty Sharpie Marker can't fix........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 25.50
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-blemish-what-would-you-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.