Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pingod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20161014_172759711 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161014_172815653 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I'm on board, waiting for my TH-LE, but with the unveiling of the black arrow edition @expo, it got me curious as to if the LE is still the right choice for me. Does anyone that went to expo have any pics of the new SE machine? All that I've been able to find are the 2 cabinet photos from jjp's website. I'm just curious as to how the black balls/flippers look, and if there are any other "blacked" options in the playfield. Thanks in advance!

#2 2 years ago

I do not have any pictures, however I can tell you that the flippers and flipper rubbers were just standard black ones. The balls look like the ones available from Back Alley Creations.

http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20black%20pearl%20pinballs.html

#3 2 years ago

I would go with Black Arrow if you havent gotten your LE yet. It looked pretty good. I like the cabinet artwork, especially the head. Also the black rubber as I absolutely HATE white rubber. Got our LE in April and instantly put Titan Black on it. As for black balls and black flipper bats im so so on them. So my thoughts are if you havent gotten yours, change to a Black Arrow.

#4 2 years ago

Id stick with the LE it looks better overall.

#5 2 years ago

I don't know what the differences are, but I snapped these at expo.

IMG_20161014_172815653 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161014_172759711 (resized).jpg

#6 2 years ago

I have an LE and love it!
Especially the hammered lockdown/legs/side rails.
I haven't played or seen the Black Arrow in person but black balls can be tough to see (I had them in games before and removed them).
As for the artwork on the sides I'm torn. Like both versions for different reasons.
For the money I'd still go for the LE.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

but black balls can be tough to see (I had them in games before and removed them).

I put a black ball in my Bally Power Play (figured it was a hockey game so the black pinball was like a puck) and it does take some getting use to. If your machine is in a dim room you probably will switch them out as it gets hard to follow it!

#8 2 years ago

I would keep the LE. Black arrow looks nice - decals are better than Smaug [my least favorite artwork package].
I agree white rubber sucks ass when Titan black is available. I have that on my LE, too.
It's really what you like. It's the same game.

#9 2 years ago

Are they Radcals, or is there an option for them?

#10 2 years ago

I haven't seen either in the flesh, but would go with the Black Arrow Edition. I think it's a slap in the face (Jack) to the LE owners, but it will be less common. Less common is good IMO.

They both look pretty awesome, so win/win either way.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I haven't seen either in the flesh, but would go with the Black Arrow Edition. I think it's a slap in the face (Jack) to the LE owners, but it will be less common. Less common is good IMO.
They both look pretty awesome, so win/win either way.

There is so much angst towards these pseudo limited editions on Pinside. It seems to me it's no different than how car manufacturers work. You can buy a low-end Mustang, a high-end one, or get a very rare suped up Shelby one.

Do the owners of high-end Mustangs complain when a new super duper special model comes out? I doubt it.

That being said, JJP has still done a bad job messaging exactly how many of a model they make and the differences between limited, special, and custom editions.

#12 2 years ago

Thanks for bringing this up. I was at the Expo and penciled in TH LE for my next addition. We saw and played the BA and I think I would still lean toward THLE. I'm still up in the air but may defer to next year and look at DI.

This is a great question.

#13 2 years ago

I was just commenting on this in another thread. For my personal tastes, I think the LE looks the best of the bunch. Mine is currently being build and I have the option of changing but I'm sticking with the LE. I got all excited when I heard about the new SE but didn't care as much for the overall appearance.

#14 2 years ago

Skip both and get the Hobbit Smaug version,it's the best one available so far

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.50
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.99
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington, WV
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dayton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside