gamescreen.jpg
Playfield-design_2.jpg
elves.jpg
hobb2.jpg
hob13.jpg
hob7.jpg
Ori and Nori.jpg
Nori.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But seriously, Jack isn't paying me and I'm not gonna take the time to write out a big list, because honestly it feels too much like work.

Yet you take the time to post non stop, 24/7, how long could it take, maybe provide something constructive here, I'm sure you could knock it out in the time it takes to do 10 posts? This is right down your alley, let's see it.

I come back off hiatus, see a nice update thread, and not much has changed. I do agree that the artwork needs to be improved, maybe a lot, but I'm Jpop biased, and I don't have an artsy bone in my body.

Maybe get Jpop on retainer?

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well I didn't say anything about Mustang lol....but when I first saw the reveals of Tron and AC/DC I was like "bleh" ...but I *LOVE* how they look in person when lit. So - while Hobbit's art is squarely in the Stern camp of flawed art...I don't want to judge it too harshly cuz it could look pleasing when all together and lit up.

#112 9 years ago

Much better, you don't realize how "off" the type and overall look is until you see option B, like Keith said, a work in progress and hopefully they integrate changes like the one Aurich sketched out!

And something doesn't seem right with the background sky and clouds, too peaceful? Looks like a beach sunset?

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The center of the ac/dc pro wow that's ugly.

Sometimes its so ugly its good! Glad I have the premium though…..

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from graystarsfan1:

How about this? Lets all be excited this company is making more pinball machines that are amazing and doing things never done before. Hmm, yea I like that idea.

Yep, I'm gonna go with another great pin from JJP and awesome rules from Keith, thanks for doing such a great job on Woz Keefer, and Lotr and Wpt which I also get to enjoy!

Even though the artwork doesn't look great to me, its so hard to tell what it will look like populated and with a great light show, and I'm sure all those little details will get worked out to make it stunning.

I can't wait to see all the improvements and advancements from Woz and what Lawlor has up his sleeve, exciting times!

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

i thought all artists were supposed to be starving! Surprised there's so many that have pinball machines

They r starving because they spend all their money on pinball machines and other worthless shit. JK!

I can't even draw a stick figure thankfully !

1 week later
#352 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

...and who's done all the art for the past x games, be it JJP or Stern? Greg Freres, Kevin O'Connor, John Youssi, Jerry Vandersteldt (not as storied as the others but has games under his belt)...

Fact is, licensing has changed a lot in the last 20 years. Guess I'd be interested to see what he can get away with in a modern licensed game.

And the answer to past glory being revived and unreal artwork if that is your thang? Jpop

I wish you were programming his pins, might have the perfect pin there...

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

1) "Of the people who dislike the artwork, how many of you will it keep from purchasing the game?".

2) For those who are already in on the pre-order, "How many of you will drop out if the artwork does not improve?".

ZERO

and

ZERO

#361 9 years ago

I hate the mountain with the maui sky………still doesn't change squat for me….

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-artwork-revealed?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.