gamescreen.jpg
Playfield-design_2.jpg
elves.jpg
hobb2.jpg
hob13.jpg
hob7.jpg
Ori and Nori.jpg
Nori.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 9 years ago

Well, this thread is bumming me out because of all the detractors. I got the notification from JJP on my phone, opened the image of the Hobbit PF, and nearly shit my pants with excitement. I'm so glad I preordered - my first take on it was that it looked like something you'd see on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. It's simply epic-looking!

And then JJP went and said that I got an extension on the final payment. A great day for pinball...and for me.

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

The problem with getting a bit of education is that ignorance is bliss.

So that's why I'm such a happy guy! I loved the playfield art, and still do...

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Sorry but you are completely wrong here. The art is doing exactly what I wanted it to do. There is no miscommunication there is no ignoring.
I get commenting on various technical issues of design and what not, and some changes have in fact been made already. However, now you're going into contexts which you do not understand (and how could you understand it since we have not disclosed anything in that regard).
I'm not going to go into it right now, either, sorry. Either I'm full of crap and an idiot gameplay designer, or things will work out just fine and won't be that confusing. That's probably an even-money bet. But everything is conveyed properly as far as I'm concerned.

Quoted from TheDude75:

As the artist I can thank some people (like you) for their constructive feedback, but all you do now is speculate on the rules which you don't know at this point...
Do you really think I ignore the designer or the programmer while we develop this game as a team?
I think you'll feel better once you see the game lit up, filled with plastics, decals and toys

I feel better already having seen the artwork. As somebody who has preordered TH, I'm so glad that everything is living up to my expectations and exceeding the expectations that WOZ set forth by simply being an amazing game. That being said, I wonder how many of the people being critical of the artwork actually have some skin in the game. I do, and I trust that JJP will deliver the best product they possibly can. Please keep up the great work, gentleman, and remember that it's usually the critics that have the loudest voice. And while they are certainly entitled to their opinion (and sometimes even right!), there are many of us who are VERY happy with what's been done...and what is still to come.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wish they could find the time to keep us more informed.

I don't know why they would want to after the shellacking they took from people about the artwork. I'm starting to see things from Stern's POV...keep everything close to the vest, then just release the product. You don't like it? Don't buy it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-artwork-revealed?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.