Topic Stats

• 376 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Geremy13
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20091-004-40FAC04E.jpg
LM.jpg
WB.jpg
Paramount.jpg
Li-1.jpg
00-watson01.jpg
rainbowfield.jpg
rollover.jpg
gamescreen.jpg
Playfield-design_2.jpg
elves.jpg
hobb2.jpg
hob13.jpg
hob7.jpg
Ori and Nori.jpg
Nori.jpg

There are 376 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 4 years ago

My point was well made by follow up comments. Same old same old here at pinside (looks like the new RGP) I was dumb enough to buy woz way in advance as well. Ended up selling it as it was not my cup of tea though still the prettiest and coolest game I have ever owned. I sold it, made the buyer happy, made me and my pin funds happy, made JJP happy. Win win win all the way around. Yeah I'm stupid like that.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

...and who's done all the art for the past x games, be it JJP or Stern? Greg Freres, Kevin O'Connor, John Youssi, Jerry Vandersteldt (not as storied as the others but has games under his belt)...

Fact is, licensing has changed a lot in the last 20 years. Guess I'd be interested to see what he can get away with in a modern licensed game.

And the answer to past glory being revived and unreal artwork if that is your thang? Jpop

I wish you were programming his pins, might have the perfect pin there...

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I'm paid up for THLE 162 and feel the art work will make for another beautiful JJP pin.

How many of you poo pooing the art actually have skin in the game?

i think one could argue that folks that have tied up funds for YEARS in advance are the LEAST likely to be objective when it comes to critiquing the game at this point....

Meh... I'll NEVER prepay a game (stern, jjp, etc) so I'll never be one of the "cool kids" , but this is a title Im very excited for.... I hope the PG graphics get better (and perhaps become "art"), but there's a lot of time for stuff to change....

btw- i thought it was interesting to look at the WoZ PF art when it was revealed.... it only looked so-so (to me) when looking at it naked and detached from the rest of the machine. That game went on to be one of the most gorgeous looking pins made (IMO) so , who knows- TH may also be suffering from each and every small piece being put under a miscroscope....

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

i think one could argue that folks that have tied up funds for YEARS in advance are the LEAST likely to be objective when it comes to critiquing the game at this point....

My first thought too.

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I'm paid up for THLE 162 and feel the art work will make for another beautiful JJP pin. It can be argued that WoZ is one of the prettiest packages ever produced. I think THLE will be on par with that. How many of you poo pooing the art actually have skin in the game?

I think the better questions to ask are the following (assuming you like everything else on the game):

1) "Of the people who dislike the artwork, how many of you will it keep from purchasing the game?".

2) For those who are already in on the pre-order, "How many of you will drop out if the artwork does not improve?".

Full Disclosure: I am in on the pre-order and the artwork is good enough to keep me in. There are games that I will not buy because of the artwork alone (like BSD).

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

1) "Of the people who dislike the artwork, how many of you will it keep from purchasing the game?".

2) For those who are already in on the pre-order, "How many of you will drop out if the artwork does not improve?".

ZERO

and

ZERO

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Yeah, they forgot to add the giant "Paramount" logo across the mountain.

So....what do you see......?

Paramount.jpg WB.jpg LM.jpg

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

That depends. I think it is more based on someone's personality. Some people need to be right, and have become amazingly good at convincing themselves. This is the type you're talking about. Others I think get more critical if they have something invested.

Pinside does seem to be littered with I'm right, you're wrong people though. I mean hell, pre-order or not, the mere notion of unilaterally backing EITHER Stern OR JJP is stupid. Stern has a few games I love, and lots I hate. JJP... WOZ is lame, but I'm in for Hobbit. Even the mighty B/W has lots of games I love and tons of games I don't like.

That said, I'm typically much more objective than most I meet, so I guess just ignore everything I said...

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That said, I'm typically much more objective than most I meet,

You are so right aboot that

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

So....what do you see......?

Paramount.jpg 20 KB

WB.jpg 18 KB

LM.jpg 287 KB

This is Mount Assiniboine, I did difficult technical route on this mountain. A lot of mountains look similar. The mountain is the best part of the PF in my opinion.20091-004-40FAC04E.jpg

#361 4 years ago

I hate the mountain with the maui sky………still doesn't change squat for me….

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hate the mountain with the maui sky………still doesn't change squat for me….

I do like the Mountain. My point is that it has nothing to do with Paramount and that it is an essential place in the story.

#363 4 years ago

Why does every news thread go off the rails like this.(again with the pre-payment dissing)

The art isn't perfect but has there really been any really good playfield art done the last 10 years or more? (not counting Metallica)

It's a game and not a painting. The most important thing is that the shots are easy to spot, it's colorful and makes sense to player. (for the most part)

I agree that the dwarfs should have circles (or something else) around their faces. (and I would prefer to have them all hidden under the bumpers if possible)
The lock Letters/dragon could use some touch-ups etc. but to me those are small complaints. Some of you act like it is the end of the world. Discussion is always good and it shows that the topic is important to many. Good again, but lighten up a bit. The early constructive criticism in this thread is how it should be, not bickering about pre-payment .

Again, huge thanks to Keefer for getting involved, answering questions and letting us know they listen to us, even if it is not required of him. PS! Yes, I pre-payed for the game

#364 4 years ago

Anything...

#365 4 years ago

I think it may be a while before we hear anything regarding another Hobbit update. The good news is that the first game should hopefully be shipping in 6 months.

I wonder how long we will have to wait to see the Smaug toy? I can see JJP saving that reveal for Expo.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think it may be a while before we hear anything regarding another Hobbit update. The good news is that the first game should hopefully be shipping in 6 months.
I wonder how long we will have to wait to see the Smaug toy? I can see JJP saving that reveal for Expo.

The issue is when the last game ship's not the first they have been shipping WOZ four 14 months now.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The issue is when the last game ship's not the first they have been shipping WOZ four 14 months now.

You're grammur n speling be so bad itz paynful to reed.

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

The art isn't perfect but has there really been any really good playfield art done the last 10 years or more? (not counting Metallica)

Add ac/dc premium and Avatar

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Give it a rest, Peter. You sound like a broken record.

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Add ac/dc premium and Avatar

You've got to be kidding me. AC/DC is an awesome game, but that's despite the fact that it's ugly.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You've got to be kidding me. AC/DC is an awesome game, but that's despite the fact that it's ugly.

I think AC/DC is far better than Sterns clip and paste Batman AND IM.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Give it a rest, Peter. You sound like a broken record.

I agree the issue is old yet it is still a issue.

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I think AC/DC is far better than Sterns clip and paste Batman AND IM.

Okay? I wouldn't say those games had particularly good art either.

#374 4 years ago

To get in the mood for "The Hobbit" and to show why the mountain is such an important element:

#375 4 years ago

Trailer is visually stunning but I find it difficult to connect with this trilogy. I was bored with this traiiler as well except for the last few seconds. Fortunately how good a game and the movie that it is based on don't often correlate.

1 week later
#376 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing this at the next Expo.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Evansville, IN
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 279.95
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
7,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Des Moines, IA
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 189.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 8,500.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 376 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside