(Topic ID: 73563)

Hobbit Artwork - NEW - What do you think ??

By PinballSTAR

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Noface
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
The_Hobbit_-_The_Desolation_of_Smaug_-_poster_HD.jpg
the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-poster-2.jpg
the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-poster2-600x294.jpg
the-desolation-of-smaug-poster.jpg
The_Hobbit-_The_Desolation_of_Smaug_poster.jpg
The_hobbit_desolation_of_smaug_poster_banner_by_umbridge1986-d5f8rey.jpg
desolation-of-smaug-poster07.jpg
hr_The_Hobbit-_The_Desolation_of_Smaug_987.jpg
seven-new-character-posters-for-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-147824-a-1383549288-470-75.jpg
Hob.jpg
image-371.jpg
Smaug.gif
hobbitcabinetright.jpg
hobbitcabinetheadright.jpg
hobbitcabinetheadleft.jpg

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#102 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I also think the backglass art is too cluttered, I would rather a more simple backglass like the WOZ to contrast with the LCD.

Not sure there is anything that can be done to make the oversized LCD look like it belongs. Other than that, this game is much better looking than WoZ.

#103 5 years ago

All i can say is less is more. Especially by the use of photo artwork.

Thats why i like the "big black spot" under Gandalf on the right backbox side.

#104 5 years ago

I have to agree with others. Especially after seeing the movie last night. Smaug should be on at least one of the sides of the cabinet. They just did an awesome job with him in the movie. That would translate so well to the cabinet artwork.

#105 5 years ago

The omission of Smaug in the artwork says to me that there's going to be a big-ass Smaug topper draped over the head. So many great things could be done with a Smaug topper!

#106 5 years ago

Gandolf is everywhere and Legolis, Smaug and Taurin (sp) are either not featured or hardly visible.

The left side of the cabinet is horrible. I think it needs simplified and less cut and paste

#107 5 years ago

They have a year to finish this pin, so plenty of time to tweak. My suggestions, as a Pinside Art Pariah:

1) Take right side art, flip horizontally

2) Place on left side of cabinet

3) Apply stroke + outer glow in Super Black around title. As-is it fails the "squint test" which is if you squint, you can't read it. At a distance the cab art will appear like mush.

On PF, it looks like it'll have (4) pop-guy bad guys, like trolls on MM. Anyone else catch this?

#108 5 years ago

I'm just here to say I think that despite everyone's artwork preferences I'm glad there's another player in the manufacturing game to push things forward and keep the hobby alive with new innovations and games... long live pinball!

#109 5 years ago

We have a smaug toy, and on the playfield art we might see him. We will see it in the lcd screen for sure.

I think that is perfect, if it was on the sides too it might be just to much.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

sorry decals on all models

LE will be direct print. This is confirmed by Jack today.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

LE will be direct print. This is confirmed by Jack today.

This is correct. Derek has no inside information in case anyone wondered

#112 5 years ago

Sorry guys I heard otherwise good news though

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

We have a smaug toy, and on the playfield art we might see him. We will see it in the lcd screen for sure.
I think that is perfect, if it was on the sides too it might be just to much.

Hobbit topper
Flames included!image.jpg

#114 5 years ago

I just read that today as well. That's great news as WOZECLE and the current standards have the most beautiful looking cabinets in pinball in my opinion.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Looks pretty good to me. Maybe I will buy one a year or so from now.

When they start shipping?

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

from the press release:

The Hobbit Pinball Machine will be released in a timeframe consistent with the third Hobbit movie in mid 2014 as the game will embody all three movies. The first Hobbit movie release date is December 14, 2012, the date of our Open House. All of what we do on this game, as was the case with Wizard of Oz Pinball, will be based on approval of our licensor.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index2.html

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

If they do start shipping then. I see no reason to give JJP my money now to hold for a year when I can wait. IMO the game will be available to those who want to buy. There are people still waiting for WOZLEs, some that paid $8k+, while you can currently buy them HUO (or even NIB) right now for close to the same amount.

#118 5 years ago

Wasn't the third movie moved back to Dec 2014? You won't see the pinball until the third movie is released.

Quoted from Frankenator:

from the press release:
The Hobbit Pinball Machine will be released in a timeframe consistent with the third Hobbit movie in mid 2014 as the game will embody all three movies. The first Hobbit movie release date is December 14, 2012, the date of our Open House. All of what we do on this game, as was the case with Wizard of Oz Pinball, will be based on approval of our licensor.
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index2.html

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wasn't the third movie moved back to Dec 2014? You won't see the pinball until the third movie is released.

It was. The game is supposed to be released next December.

#120 5 years ago

I like the side art but really want to see the goodies on the playfield

#121 5 years ago

Smaug is going to be the topper!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside