Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have an order in on a Hobbit but would ideally like to take a look at one first before handing over a pile of cash in a few weeks.

There are none here yet but I am going to be in Fullerton and Corona the first couple week of July and was wondering if there are any on location I can look at? I can't find anything on the map but realise they may not always be up to date.

Cheers

#2 7 years ago

I don't know if Ron has a Hobbit yet, but your best chance to find a Hobbit to play in the LA area is to check with Ron Burkard. His pinball land collection is very nice, and he often gets the newest games. I played WoZ there when I couldn't find any on location in the beginning. Great guy.

Their hours are irregular, but email and see if they have a Hobbit to play - [email protected]

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know if Ron has a Hobbit yet, but your best chance to find a Hobbit to play in the LA area is to check with Ron Burkard. His pinball land collection is very nice, and he often gets the newest games. I played WoZ there when I couldn't find any on location in the beginning. Great guy.
Their hours are irregular, but email and see if they have a Hobbit to play - [email protected]

It's been about a month since PL has been open, but he didn't have a Hobbit yet at that time.

#4 7 years ago

I didn't find one on location but someone has kindly offered to let me visit and check one out.

Thanks all!

#5 7 years ago

I got one in my home in North Tustin/Santa Ana if your other invite doesn't work out

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

I got one in my home in North Tustin/Santa Ana if your other invite doesn't work out

This kind of thing is what I love about the pinball community.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

Thanks for the offer I appreciate it! Can't wait to see one in person!

#8 7 years ago

I'm in the next city over from Corona, so if your other offer(s) to see/play Hobbit don't work out, please PM me and I'd be glad to let you come play it....as long as RotorDave vouches for you as a fellow NZ'er.

#9 7 years ago

San Jose California here. If you end up north you're welcome here as well.

#10 7 years ago

I'd invite you to my home but you could be a murderer, so I'll pass

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

San Jose California here. If you end up north you're welcome here as well.

Thanks for the offer but we are going to be north or south of you.

Thanks to everyone for all the offers! I really have met some great people in this hobby. Just wish some of them wouldn't leave there initials on my games and make them so hard to get rid of!

Kiwi pincade is early March next year so come on out and you will be well looked after. I'm working on the Wellington part of it and we are going to try and raise the bar since this is the tenth one.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

I'd invite you to my home but you could be a murderer, so I'll pass

Damn! You figured out my plan to repatriate hobbits back to New Zealand where they belong!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

as long as RotorDave vouches for you as a fellow NZ'er.

Hmmmm touch and go ....

CLG is actually an American who graces us with his presence. So he's ok.

Except for his strange obsession with JJP products.

rd

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

The obsession really got bad after I put woz in Moon!

You know it is only a matter of time before you get some jjp machines in your collection. I know a source for well looked after routed ones

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hmmmm touch and go ....
CLG is actually an American who graces us with his presence. So he's ok.
rd

You guys just need to scare up another Amazing Race down there. The Australia vs NZ one was one of the best ever done - better than almost all the US ones.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You guys just need to scare up another Amazing Race down there. The Australia vs NZ one was one of the best ever done - better than almost all the US ones.

Haven't seen that one. You know the host of the American show Phil is a NZ guy.. Represent!

rd

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Haven't seen that one. You know the host of the American show Phil is a NZ guy.. Represent!
rd

Tha Aussie/NZ one was hosted by a NZ guy named Grant Bowler that I actually ended up liking better than Phil. There were three "down under" Amazing race installments and all of them were better than 90% of the US ones. Only one "vs" one down there, though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-around-fullertoncorona and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.