(Topic ID: 165201)

Hobbit - Any Protectors Needed/Available?

By ikrananka

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Metalzoic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Just about to have a Hobbit LE delivered that I pre-ordered a long long time ago (like many did). With the long wait I have been out of touch with what's been going on with this machine and so was wondering if there are any essential third party protectors that are recommended (i.e. not including the JJP playfield protector).

I'm thinking of playfield plastics protectors, shooter lane protectors etc. I did a Google and really didn't find anything which surprised me.

#2 3 years ago

These are really nice looking:
http://pinballbulbs.com/kits/hobbit

image_(resized).jpeg

#3 3 years ago

I have these and they are fantastic

#4 3 years ago

Thanks - they look great.

For the plastic protectors, what colour did you guys go for?

What about the Troll Ball Catch Fixes? I'm a bit confused what these are actually for.

1 week later
#5 3 years ago

Just watched the JJP Update Kit video on YouTube

I now see that JJP will be supplying all buyers with an update kit that includes the monster ball catch fixes.

1 week later
#6 3 years ago

I heard that Cliffy's is developing their protectors and the PinBits plastic protectors are in the works as well.
Hopefully both will be announced soon!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I heard that Cliffy's is developing their protectors and the PinBits plastic protectors are in the works as well.
Hopefully both will be announced soon!

That's great to know - thanks for the info. Must try and keep my games to a minimum until the protectors are available - but so difficult to do

#8 3 years ago

Check the undersides of the flaps that cover the troll mechanisms for burrs, and if you find any, file them off. This will prevent scuffing and scratching of the playfield surface around the trolls where the flaps rest.

#9 3 years ago

Use a little bit of Vinyl cling or mylar behind the trolls to avoid wear on the playfield.

The mylar does not go behind the trolls on my Hobbit...

3 weeks later
#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Use a little bit of Vinyl cling or mylar behind the trolls to avoid wear on the playfield.
The mylar does not go behind the trolls on my Hobbit...

I've found wear on 3 of mine after a total of 4 games, along the back edge. It's just taken the shine off the clearcoat, so far. Luckily I do have some larger bits of mylar I can cut down. What a strange thing to get wrong - is this corrected on later games?

1 week later
#12 3 years ago

I believe they have fixed this Mylar problem now. Strange they didn't think if it sooner. I noticed from day 1 that I needed Mylar there lucky for me.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from system11:

I've found wear on 3 of mine after a total of 4 games, along the back edge. It's just taken the shine off the clearcoat, so far. Luckily I do have some larger bits of mylar I can cut down. What a strange thing to get wrong - is this corrected on later games?

I have the playfield protector on mine so all the wear from flaps is on that. Probably coming up on 1000 games played on not a scuff on the clearcoat itself. Very happy I got the protector.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside