Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.38.47 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.11.51 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider check_switch_26.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Summary: for now 2.99 seems better. How to de-update to 2.99? Is that possible?

The code barely changed from 2.99 to 3.00, and included mostly bug fixes. As I explained in the Owners thread, the sound channel mixer default values did change. You can find the old defaults in my post there.
--Ted

1 week later
#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

During the second and third Arkenstone mode, but especially during botfa the callout "stage 1 complete" is heard at the same time as Azog speak his "orc language encouragements" to his troops. These callouts from Azog from one stage to the next make botfa a great experience and, according to me, this is ruined by the new "stage 1, stage 2, stage 3 completed" phrases.
These phrases go well with "into the fire" since no character speaks during the end of a stage. But during botfa it's annoying and not necessary, since Azog already introduces the next stages in a great way.
Solution: delete the "stage 1, 2, 3 callouts during barrel escape and botfa. If I remember correctly the callouts also overwhelm the "superjackpot" callouts during the Arkenstone modes.
Anybody please correct me if I'm wrong.

I get your point, although I wouldn't say BOFA is "ruined". There are a couple of cases where the narrator call out stomps on the Azog speech. I will adjust the timing of that.

I don't understand why you suggest removing the call outs from Barrel Escape, since there is no other speech except for grunts at each stage completion.

The "Stage X Complete" call outs replaced the "Super Jackpot" speech, which is no longer used during Arkenstone modes.

--Ted

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Another thing I noticed during barrel escape: stage 1 is all about scoring 15 barrel bumpers. The dwarf drop target help to decrease the number of hits.
During Stage 2 you must hit ramp-orc 6 times to advance to the next stage. No callout follows after you hit the last orc and you advance to the stage during which almost all shots and drop targets need to be hit. The popbumpers reduce the numer of shots. After completing this stage I remember the callout "stage 2 complete". It seems though you've already completed 3 stages at that moment. The next stage is about hitting dwarf and elf drop targets and it is the last before going into the final stage in which you can score victory laps only.
In short: maybe the callout "stage 2 completed" should be added after hitting the last orc and other callouts at the end of the next stages?

This is a good point. The "Stage X Completed" speech idea happened long after the Arkenstone Modes were designed and coded. Internally, Barrel Escape really only has four stages, but Stage 2 has an 'A' portion and a 'B' portion as you described.

I've changed the user interface to treat Stages 2A & 2B as if they were separate stages. (Although I have to use the same background movie loop for both.)
--Ted

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider check_switch_26.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-30-software-update?tu=check_switch_26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.