Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.38.47 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.11.51 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago

I am trying to update from v2.96 to v3.0. I se that there is a 'change log' for v3.0 on the JJP downloads list marked "new". What is that and do I need to download and install it also? and, what is the "change log" used for? a mini update to correct errors in the v3.0 or???

#13 5 years ago

Thanks. Even after all the years I am still learning. Couldn't get 3.0 to load successfully. Will try it again after I get some new usb's. I was able to update to 6.61 previously so I should be able to 'get 'er done'

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Thanks. Even after all the years I am still learning. Couldn't get 3.0 to load successfully. Will try it again after I get some new usb's. I was able to update to 6.61 previously so I should be able to 'get 'er done'

Well, I was able finally to install v3.0 after several failed attempts at using unetbootin. Even though I downloaded V3.0 several times and tried to load it onto my memory stick, it never appeared on the stick. I finally tried it using rufus.ie and it worked fine first time out. So far I have had no issues whatsoever with the update. Thanks Ted and the JJP team for making my Hobbit Black Arrow even better than it already was. Best game ever! But, I am still waiting for my POTC LE and I can't wait to see how it stacks up with my THBA and WOZRR.

#24 5 years ago

Well, I was able finally to install v3.0 after several failed attempts at using unetbootin. Even though I downloaded V3.0 several times and tried to load it onto my memory stick, it never appeared on the stick and thus the update would not start on the game. As JJP advised in their download instructions, I finally tried it using rufus.ie and it worked fine the first time out. So far I have had no issues whatsoever with the update. Don't forget to save your settings first if you want to keep your high scores, etc. after you update to V3.0. Its easy to do so. Go to the utilities menu for USB updates and follow the on screen instructions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-30-software-update?tu=arcadem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.