(Topic ID: 103064)

Hmmm...which to attend York show or Expo....?

By 27dnast

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

If you've been to both, let me hear your thoughts...

I can drive up for a day at York. Or fly out for full days of Friday and Saturday in Chicago.

#2 9 years ago

Been to York, never been to Expo. Heading to Expo this year.

#3 9 years ago

Expo = fewer games? More seminar oriented...yes?

#4 9 years ago

Because of my kids and commitments with work I cant make it. But if I could EXPO would be the choice. Mainly because this year it seems a lot of pinside will be there and that's a cool event in itself.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Expo = fewer games? More seminar oriented...yes?

Yeah, at least in recent years the free-play room has been pretty bleak. It's roots are as an 'industry' show. Supposedly Mike's made some real effort to turn that around a bit this year though.

#6 9 years ago

The Expo website is a tad cryptic (at least to my eyes)...

Are the games open for playing all night?

There's a tournament, also?

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

yes
    yes
    and theres nothing like a 3am call that your game is down and someone wants it fixed.

#9 9 years ago

I would head to Expo. Its the 30th anniversary this year. Game room is open Wednesday night for 6 hours, all night Thursday into Friday morning, and Friday evening all the way into Sunday. May not have the game count like other shows, but everyone pinball related is there, and you can play all night long. Good seminars and opportunities to ask questions/meet people in the industry. I believe this will be our 5th expo and we have enjoyed ourselves every time.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

By "a tad cryptic" you mean terrible and way outdated, right?

There's a few tournaments, I think. Flip-out is the main normal one, but there's the team based Expo Brawl too, I believe.

1 week later
    #11 9 years ago

Do both - You are so close to York (2 hours) that you really can't go wrong being there. You're close enough to bring a game for free-play!

I've been to York 5 times and always enjoy the day. I'll be there both days this year; If I was just going for the day I would offer a ride.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#12 9 years ago

I've attended the York show for six or seven years. Last year I did both York and Expo. If you want to go to a show to play games - York hands down. More games and a bigger variety. Vendors - toss up. They both have some of the same vendors and you can pick up most anything at both shows. Seminars - Expo. Flea market - York, no flea market at Expo. Expense - York, more bang for your buck. I would suggest if you go to Chicago skip the Expo and go to the Emporium (http://emporiumchicago.com/)

#13 9 years ago

Friday and Saturday at Expo ? Do that.

Friday night you get the Stern event ( maybe TWD launch party ? ) and the LTG : ) Show.

WUV : )™

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hmmmwhich-to-attend-york-show-of-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.