I've been putting this off for a while because I was A. Lazy and B. Waiting for the right time.
Well the time has come and I want to show you all my Judge Dredd!
This is my first pinball table! My fellow pinsider friend Eduardo purchased a Getaway table and it made me want a table of my own! I purchased Dredd in May of last year and have spent almost 9 months modifying it. It came in great shape with all original parts and globes but I wanted to soup it up a bit. I got a bit obsessed with mods near the end haha. It hurt my wallet right before christmas time but it is SO worth it right now. I absolutely love playing this table and love showing it off to my friends! I don't want another table right now as I've spent SO much time and money on this one plus I love it too much now.
I love the unique design of the table (no pop bumpers!) and the multiple ramps and wireforms. I am also glad its based off the comic and not the horrid Stallone film of 1995. Its a fast table with a lot to do. With nine modes, plus the wizard-mode ultimate challenge, plus four extra modes in the super game, its a lot of value for your money!
I also really like the supergame, its like having two different ROM chips in your game that have completely different rulesets!
Its a bit of a hard table (those ramps and sniper tower are really hard to hit consistently and result in a lot of straight-down-the-middle-drains) so I've had to put it to 5-ball in order to remain competitive haha.
Here is a list of what I've done to the table...I hope I don't miss anything!
Credit given where credit is due!
- Replaced all globes with LED's
- Added Flexineck LED's to get into hard to reach areas!
- Colour LED's in the backbox (really makes it stand out!)
- Felt Leg Protectors
- Blue undercab LED strip from Ebay seller judge-dreads-pinball
- New metal-construction Crane with blinking lights from Ebay seller judge-dreads-pinball
- Blue Playfield LED strip/Purple Flipper LED strip and Pink Instruction card LED strips from Pinballbulbs
- Dredd keychain badge from Etsy!
- Inside side-art decals from PinballPT
- 2x double-headed slingshot spotlights from Pinballbulbs
- Fluro Red Deadworld Ring and L1AT ROM chip from Pinbits (Essential Mod for Dredd!)
- Glow in the dark captive balls from ModmyPin
- Original Eagle Topper from Pinball Spare Parts
- White LED spotlight strip added underneath the Eagle Topper! (once again from Ebay seller judge-dreads-pinball)
- Speaker Inserts from Mezel Mods
- Colour DMD display from...where else ColorDMD.com (my newest mod and the one that impresses people the most!)
- Translucent Pinball Instruction Cards from Pinballcenter.eu
- Target and drop-target decals from Pinballdecals
- Colour-changing RGB LED bulbs inside the Deadworld planet from Pinball Spare Parts (with added insulation-padding to increase glow)
- Shooter Lane red light LED strips from Ebay seller judge-dreads-pinball
- Superband rubbers on all flippers
- New Slingshot Plastics from Pinside member knazzo!
- 11 miniature figures from warhammer game box sets (including custom paint jobs from a contact I was given!), the figures are held onto the table by rare earth magnets.
- Pingulp drink holder on right side
Plus some general housekeeping including:
- Replaced all fuses
- Cleaned the entire table through and through inside and outside of the cabinet
- waxed the playfield and the balls!
- Rebuilt all four flippers, including new flipper bats
- Rottendog CPU came with my table, I put in long-lasting Energiser Ultimate Lithium AA Batteries to keep my memory from being lost (batteries are placed in separate compartment away from the CPU)
- All optical sensors on playfield cleaned
- Re-caliberated the angle of the table (it came to me all wobbily)
- Had some elements re-soldered on the power driver board, new bridge rectifiers
What else would I like to do???
- Cliffy protector sleeves on all posts (i have yellow ones, but i have to deconstruct all the dang ramps to put them in!)
- Speaker upgrade with subwoofer
- Gold Legs, gold rails, gold lockbar and gold bracket
- Replace all rubbers with new ones
- Possibly remove rare earth magnets from my mini figures and simply hot-glue them directly to the playfield plastics
- possibly install a shaker motor and see if I can make it work with the game!
- change the flipper optos with new onto-less boards from great lakes modular
What does anyone think? I would love hear your input and your feedback!